Weekend Update 09 – Economics 101: Small is Beautiful! Russell explains to us, yet again, why the math of the global bankers simply can’t work. Infinite expansionism violates natural law. Yet, there is an answer, a silver lining which we can all celebrate.
There are three points of view when it comes to the federal government:
1) Everything is more or less going along just fine. Sure we have some problems but we’ll work them out.
2) It’s too cumbersome and intrusive, taxes are excessive, the national debt is a disgrace, and our foreign policy is long on machismo and short on goodwill. The Democrats and Republicans got us into this mess and probably can’t get us out.
3) If you ignore it, it will go away.
Our recent presidential election took place in November of 2008. As usual, our so-called democracy basically gave us two choices.
The Democrats want an extensive, intrusive federal government to engineer social change and redistribute wealth. Higher taxes and more government involvement (intervention), thereby suffocating free enterprise and diminishing individual freedom. Their goal is to nurture (control) their subjects from cradle to grave.
The Republicans want a strong federal government to engineer endless economic growth and support a vast military-industrial complex. Increased military expenditures and more self-appointed international police action, thereby contributing to global strife and tarnishing our relationship with the rest of the world.
Both of these philosophies are extremely costly. Democrats and Republicans have driven our national debt up to nearly $12 trillion, and it continues to rise. Future generations will bear the burden for this insane federal spending recklessness.
If you’re enthusiastic about one of these two options, by all means stay the course.
But if you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to choose the lesser of two evils, perhaps it’s time to unscrew your head back out of the sand and seek an alternative. Even though the media will try to convince you that a vote for anyone other than a Democrat or a Republican is a wasted vote, there are other alternatives.
The election process is meant to give the voters the illusion of a free democracy without actually having one.
The two major candidates for president, one Democrat and one Republican, are basically chosen by a handful of small states (the New Hampshire Primary, the Iowa Caucuses, etc.), then each of the candidates personally selects their respective running mate and potential successor.
To maintain their position of power and control, the two major political parties enacted election laws that have given them a decisive advantage over any emerging alternative philosophies.
Democrats and Republicans in Congress have awarded matching campaign funds to the two major political parties (themselves) while making it difficult for third parties to qualify for them. The candidates of these two parties are automatically placed on ballots in every state, while third party candidates must contend with legal quagmires on a state by state basis to get on ballots. And so on.
To anyone with a brain larger than a pinto bean this doesn’t seem like much of a democracy.
To make matter worse, the mass media focuses only on the two major political parties, as if they’re the only two points of view, further diminishing a free democracy.
There aren’t many choices when there are only two alternatives.
This unbalanced, unfair system wasn’t the result of evil intent. But government operates on endless compromise and those in power tend to manipulate the system to favor those in power. And the mass media goes along with it to maintain a positive relationship with those in power in order to obtain access.
Basically, the system is rigged.
The two parties in power have made it difficult for a third party to compete and the mass media has become their ally by promoting an illusion of a democracy, encouraging everyone to participate in the process under the mistaken premise that the public is apathetic rather than disgusted.
So the masses turn out every four years to do their civic duty and vote for the lesser of two evils. But a vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil and an illusion of a democracy is only an illusion.
A two-party system is not a democracy – it’s a closed system tightly controlled by the two parties in power. Anyone who enthusiastically supports such a system is perpetuating a narrow, unjust form of government.
Every citizen has three choices:
1) You can participate in a rigged system, giving legitimacy to that system, by voting for one of the two major candidates as usual. Be sure to pat yourself on the back for doing your civic duty.
2) You can vote for a third party candidate, preferably one that seeks to limit the power and scope of government, sending a message to the two major parties and the mass media that politics as usual is unacceptable. Be sure to pat yourself on the back for having a mind of your own.
3) You can choose to ignore your enslavement by ever increasing government forces and bang your head against the wall. Be sure to pat yourself on the back so you don’t swallow your gum.
Choose wisely. The fate of eternity is in your hands.
Bret Burquest is a former award-winning columnist and author of four novels. Contact email@example.com
The Government of the United States has a long, well document His-Story of lying to the American Indians and violating its Treaties with us. This genocidal colonialism has directly led to the inhumane and tragic living conditions on this, and most Indian Reservations.
“They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised not to take our land, and they did.” – Mahpiua Luta “Red Cloud” Oglala Lakotah
Now, it is clearly evident that our Government is using even more refined tactics of Orwellian propaganda to hypnotize ALL Americans into endorsing it’s hegemony of the World:
- Homeland security is the new, expanded, version of the B.I.A.: Just last night, we see that the ABC network is promoting a new show, “Homeland Security USA,” Every day the men and women of the Department of Homeland Security patrol more than 100,000 miles of America’s borders. This territory includes airports, seaports, land borders, international mail centers, the open seas, mountains, deserts and even cyberspace (and remember anytown U.S.A. too!) . Now viewers will get an unprecedented look at the work of these men and women while they use the newest technology to safeguard our country and enforce our laws, in “Homeland Security USA,” … This strategy of brainwashing the public and glorifying the violence that our Government foments is apparent in the comments of one of this shows new fans, “I think America needs to be educated in how hard our Homeland Security officers work everyday to protect THEM! They do risk their lives every moment. I do think a few things in the show were a bit ridiculous but then again I’m hoping that they will learn from their mistakes and improve the show. Also if you have ever seen Australia’s reality show about their Homeland security you will see how interesting and exciting they can make it.” (emphasis added)
- A Nation of Laws?: How many times have we heard this rhetoric about the U.S. being a nation of laws? Just as the Indian’s have been denied their sovereign rights, the Government, through the ‘Patriot Act’ and other legislation, is dramatically eroding the sovereign rights of ALL Americans. Beware the erosion, nay extinction, of the Posse Comitatus Act.
- History of Government misconduct in the Court room (Sacrosanct?) During the Wounded Knee trial in 1973, the court supplemented its oral ruling with a written decision on October 9, 1974, finding governmental misconduct due to:
(1) The prosecutor’s deliberate or at least negligent conduct in offering and failing to correct the “obviously false” testimony of Government witness Louis Moves Camp (concocted by the F.B.I.);(2) The prosecutor’s “intentional deception” of the court with respect to an alleged rape incident involving the witness Louis Moves Camp;(3) The prosecutor’s “grossly negligent conduct,” if not “deliberate deception,” in offering the testimony of Government witness Alexander David Richards when that testimony was directly contradicted in a previously transcribed interview;(4) The prosecutor’s having been “either deliberately or negligently dilatory” in searching for information detailing the extent of military involvement at Wounded Knee and Government “cover up” of the extent of that involvement;
- He DID Promise Change: (VIEW THE VIDEO BY RUSSELL MEANS) Lastly, we must again address, Prez Obama’s pick for Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel. We maintain that this choice is not a new one, but part of a larger plan to ‘change’ the government from one run by neo-cons to one run by zionists. Rahm Israel Emanuel (Hebrew: ?? ???????) was born in Chicago, Illinois. His first name, Rahm, means “high” or “lofty” in Hebrew, while his last name, Emanuel, means “God is with us.” According to his father, his son is the namesake of Rahamim, a Lehi combatant who was killed. Rahm
Where is the Constitution? Where is the Law? What will happen to us in the coming months and years? Legislation Eroding Your Civil Rights!
A note from Russell: Albert Einsteins definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Anyone capable of critical thinking has known for some time that at least since 1948 America is being raped by the DemoPublicans for the purpose of profiteering and control. This is clearly evident by this Country’s intentional transformation from a productive, producing Nation to a greed-based “consumer” mentality! Through mass psychological manipulation via the media and the government takeover of the schools, American Citizens have become nothing more than lemmings following the Pied Piper, e.g. the U.S. GOVERNMENT, totally forgetting there responsibilities as free, sovereign individuals. Always remember the axiom, “Freedom means you are free to be responsible!”
Ward Churchill has written a book entitled, On the Justice of Roosting Chickens, where he uses U.S. government documents to dispel the two public relations claims of the government, which are that; 1) America is a nation of laws, and 2) America is a peace loving nation. In this book he proves that America has been at war every year of its existence and, since 1946, has violated U.S. Constitutional and International Laws each and every year.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
1. Posse Comitatus Act Eliminated
The Act was a response to, and subsequent prohibition of, the military occupation by U.S. Army troops of the former Confederate States during the ten years of Reconstruction (1867
Monday, July 17, 2006: Kiryat shmona
Israeli girls write messages on a shell at a heavy artillery position firing into civilians inside Lebanon
(AP Photo/Sebastian Scheiner)
WarCrimes of US-Israel: May We No Longer Be Silent (continued)
by PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS
WarCrimes of US-Israel: May We No Longer Be Silent . . . Thirty minutes later, a second wave of 60 jets and helicopters struck at 60 targets . . . More than 170 targets were hit by IAF aircraft throughout the day. At least 230 Gazans were killed and over 780 were wounded . . .”
As I write, news reports are that Israel is sending tanks and infantry reinforcements in preparation for a ground invasion of Gaza.
Israel’s excuse for its violence is that from time to time the Palestinian resistance organization, Hamas, fires off rockets into Israel to protest the ghetto life that Israel imposes on Gazans. The rockets are ineffectual for the most part and seldom claim Israeli casualties.
However, the real purpose for the Israeli attack is to destroy Hamas.
In 2006 the US insisted that the Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank hold free elections. When free elections were held, Hamas won. This was unacceptable to the Americans and Israelis. In the West Bank, the Americans and Israelis imposed a puppet government, but Hamas held on in Gaza. After unheeded warnings to the Gazans to rid themselves of Hamas and accept a puppet government, Israel has decided to destroy the freely elected government with violence.
Ehud Barak, who is overseeing the latest act of Israeli aggression, said in interviews addressed to the British and American publics that asking Israel to agree to a ceasefire with Hamas would be like asking the US to agree to a ceasefire with al Qaeda. The terrorism that Israel inflicts on Palestinians goes unremarked.
According to the London Times (December 28), “Britain and the United States were on a collision course with their European allies last night after refusing to call for an end to Israeli airstrikes on Hamas targets in Gaza. The wave of attacks marked a violent end to President George W. Bush