1. Food and NEW Clothing can be sent to:
RELIEF AT T.R.E.A.T.Y. SCHOOL, a 501(C)(3) Tax Exempt Organization
P.O. BOX 99, 444 Crazy Horse Drive, Porcupine, SD 57772
2. Republic of Lakotah Emergency Propane for the Elderly:
can be purchased directly from Lakotah Plains Propane via Mastercard/Visa at: 605-867-5199 . Via mail to P.O. Box 1994, Pine Ridge, SD 57770
3. Send Contributions of Relief Aid to Republic of Lakotah Humanitarian Relief
INTERNATIONAL DISASTER DECLARATION
RE: Oglala Sioux Pine Ridge Indian Reservation
STATE OF EMERGENCY
Governor Michael Rounds of South Dakota has declared the State a disaster area. However, Indian Reservations are NOT included in the declaration.
I, Russell Means, due to the total absence of Tribal Government and its leadership, and as candidate for Tribal President and Chief Facilitator of the Republic of Lakotah, am declaring an INTERNATIONAL STATE OF EMERGENCY.
The reason for this declaration is two-fold: 1) The current life-threatening severe weather conditions and 2) The ongoing genocidal policies of the United States Government that still remain unaddressed:
- Unknown thousands are still stranded by high snow drifts for 3rd straight day.
- Unknown number of people without heat and/or electricity.
- Impassable road conditions preventing emergency services and propane deliveries.
- Confirmed fatality due to inability to get to dialysis treatment. Status of other dialysis patients is unknown.
- Second fatality bled to death due to no emergency services.
- Tribal President Steele and Vice President Brewer