The T.R.E.A.T.Y. Total Immersion School is an innovative solution to a centuries old challenge:
- How to educate our children with joy, respect and wonder.
- How to instill in children self-respect and ignite the spark of life long learning.
It is based on the successes achieved by the Total Immersion School experience of the Maori Peoples in New Zealand.
This unique program created a revolutionary approach to teaching by focusing on culturally centered private schools for preschool through university for the indigenous population. Total Immersion into the root culture’s language, art, dance, music, science and oral tradition grounded the children in their identity and rich heritage.
The self-esteem engendered through these private schools empowered the Maori children to succeed at the top levels of academia and athletics after they entered public schools. The successes were so remarkable the government of New Zealand adopted the concept throughout the country and established over 180 Total Immersion Schools.
- Return to the matriarchal system of traditional Lakota thought and philosophy.
- Nurture each child’s body-mind and spirit, so that they may walk in balance with the Great Mystery.
- Establish within each child a sense of grounded-ness, strong self-esteem, pride in their culture and traditions and wonder in the miracle of the priceless creation and unique contribution they are.
- Show love, honor and respect to each child and foster their love, honor and respect for all of the Great Mystery’s creation.
- Re-establish the connection between the generations and involve the parents and family.
- Repair the Sacred Hoop of Nations.
The universe, which controls all life, has female and male balance that is prevalent throughout our Sacred Grandmother, the Earth.
This balance has to be acknowledged and become the determining factor in all one’s decisions, be they spiritual, social, healthful, educational or economic.
Once the balance has become an integral part of one’s life, all planning, research, direct action and follow-up becomes a matter of course. The goals that were targeted become a reality on a consistent basis.
Good things happen to good People; remember, time is on our side.
Mitaku Oyasin (We are all related)