The Pine Ridge Sioux Indian Reservation in South Dakota is a inhumanely deplorable condition. A brief summary of the challenges we face here:
- Lakotah men have a life expectancy of less than 44 years, lowest of any country in the World (excluding AIDS) including Haiti.
- The Lakotah infant mortality rate is 300% more than the U.S. Average.
- The rate of diabetes is 800% higher than the U.S national average.
- Median income is approximately $2,600 to $3,500 per year.
- 97% of our Lakotah people live below the poverty line.
Through our R.O.L. Humanitarian Relief organization, a newly founded, soon to be incorporated 501 (C)3 tax-exempt organization, we are providing food, NEW clothing, propane, electricity and firewood to the poor, elderly and handicapped people of the Pine Ridge Sioux Indian Reservation.
(we are all related)
How to Give:
1. Send Contributions Republic of Lakotah Humanitarian Relief to be used for:
Food, clothing & firewood distribution. Maintenance and fuel for our chain saws. Many homes have ONLY wood stoves for heating. Development of renewable energy & sustainable housing projects. Development of permaculture and green houses.
Health Priorities in Need of International Support:
(Lakotah men have a life expectancy of less than 44 years, lowest of any country in the World (excluding AIDS) including Haiti.)
Treatment and reversal the diabetes epidemic through food relief, education and sustainable agricultural development. Identify and remediate the toxins in the water supply. We know these already include arsenic and radioactivity as the result of uranium mining. Address the Lakotah infant mortality rate which is 300% more than the U.S. Average. Quantifying the extent of toxigenic mold infestations and it’s health impact on the people.
3. Republic of Lakotah Emergency Propane for the Elderly:
Donations can be made directly to Lakotah Plains Propane via Mastercard/Visa at: 605-867-5199 . Via mail to P.O. Box 1994, Pine Ridge, SD 57770. Send ATTN: Crystal
4. Volunteer or become an R.O.L. “Champion:
We have many initiatives with which you can participate with from right where you are now living or during spring and summer visits here. These projects need “champions” who will pick up the ball, organize a team and get projects planned and developed:
- Renewable energy, both solar and wind.
- Green, sustainable housing (Currently considering compressed earth blocks).
- Permaculture proposals and projects.
- Hydrothermal fish farming and green houses (Hot Springs Project).
Completion of the T.R.E.A.T.Y. Total Immersion School:
The T.R.E.A.T.Y. School is also seeking volunteers. Those wishing to volunteer with the T.R.E.A.T.Y. School are asked to fill out the Volunteer Form, available below, and to return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The main needs for the school fall into the following categories
-On-Site Ranch and Farm Support
-Skilled Carpentry, Electrical & Plumbing
-Administrative/Logistics, Outreach & Fundraising
-Web and Admin support
Currently T.R.E.A.T.Y. School operates on a strictly volunteer basis, with some possibilities for internships for scholarly credit available upon request.
T.R.E.A.T.Y. School Volunteer Form:
If you wish to become a champion, simply send your resume to email@example.com