It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:26 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Re: Crow Creek Update (land buy back)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:23 pm 

no one should be having to pay for land to begin with...

I must walk the red path, it is the only one...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:52 am 

or illegal TAXES either... I am deeply ashamed to have to buy back what already belongs to us.

The true measure of a People and their level of "civilization" is indicated by how they treat those over whom they hold a distinct advantage. When the european People first arrived upon this continent more than half died in the first year... and so they were looked upon as pitiful and were given food stamps and taught how to build proper shelters, and to grow crops that would survive in this hemisphere. Yet when the tables were turned and european diseases, not military or any other superiority, had decimated the populations of First Nations Peoples we were introduced to genocide, biological wafare, removal from homelands, forced assimilation of hundreds of thousands of First Nations children, theft of lands, destruction of languages and cultures. So what does all that say about the People of the united states?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:12 pm 

Indeed it is true neerdaels. There were many Nations counting on us to stand strong in the face of the united states government and these illegal employment taxes. We have failed the People of Dakotah Oyate and the People of First Nations.

I for one am all for the concept of peaceful relations, make no mistake though every day is a good day to die for me, but not when those relations lead to theft of Dakotah Oyate resources and the subjugation and destruction of our Dakotah
Culture.. Seriously what is the united states army corp of engineers doing with the power generated from five dams when the People whose land those damns are built... pay higher electric rates 1/3 higher than even the poor of inner citites.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:53 pm 

the thing is, that same theft mentality has spread from native peoples to all of the inhabitants of this country. They think..."if we could do it with the indians, why not everyone else"

Think on it...

How many taxes were there before the 1930's?

I must walk the red path, it is the only one...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:18 pm 

First they steal land,then tax you for living on it.If it were'nt all so symptomatic of the deeper tradgedy,it would be laughable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:42 pm 

Seriously how many times can you steal a piece of land???? I don't know either but i bet uncle sam does.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:41 pm 

Which is precisely why paying the IRS is another defeat for the People. I say give it all to them at least that way they won't be bothering us anymore because there will be nothing left to steal... except our lives and we all know how much those are worth.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:37 am 

I know I'm a bit late on this topic, but I was reading it and wanted to say I completely agree! And don't hold your breath for the press or news media to report the story. Its just like the "good ole US gov" to take our land and say we owe taxes to make us buy it back! Look what they have done to all our people from day 1, why should we expect anything less. As a matter of fact I wouldn't be surprised if they tried something else, they are broke! How long must we take this! Phila'mayaye, tanya'n gla.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]