It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:04 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 103 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: New painting...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:02 am 

thanks GW:)

I must walk the red path, it is the only one...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:47 pm 

Yes, Howard 1964, that is a beautiful painting. The in-process photos also very interesting to see how you work and gives the size. I'm wondering what kind of paint you use. Interesting you did it straight on wood. Did you treat the wood with a base coat of some kind like as is done for canvas? Are you going to frame it or do you bother with that. Sorry for all the questions (which you may ignore). I find your work inspiring as you have a strong individual quality which shows through your work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:38 pm 

I use acrylic paint straight onto the wood...no prepping the surface, except to smooth out any burrs on the wood. I haven't decided if ill frame it or not yet:)

Would like to find a buyer for it in all honesty:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:36 pm 

Howard1964 wrote:
thank you rainbow:)

Had to come back for another look. Between the electric lines and the internet connection, have not been able to get on line as often as I wish. But, worth the few minutes, I can expect to be online, to take a glance at the eagle

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:34 pm 

i feel honored that folks like it so much:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:42 pm 

Pretty tight, nice work, excuse the youthful colloquial slang. :)

-Q4K (The Quest for Truth, Knowledge, and Wisdom) Always.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:29 pm 

Howard,
The eagle is beautiful. And the way you did the eye, he is looking straight to your heart. It is truly humbling. You are gifted Brother!
Jim

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:19 pm 

that was the effect i was hoping for...thanks;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 pm 

Attachment:
File comment: not a painting but hand made by me .rainbow
Bild0030.JPG
Bild0030.JPG [ 16.36 KiB | Viewed 8816 times ]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:59 pm 

I like that alot rainbow!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:12 pm 

Thankyou Howard :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:27 am 

Howard I noticed that I.m like a red flag for some people on this forum .what should I do about it.?Rainbow

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:28 am 

dont worry about it, be yourself:)

each one of us is unique and sacred...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:46 am 

Yes you are right Howard I should not think anything about this strang behavior .Do you know that 43 persons lookt at my work .But you are the only one who like it .Is it possible that they are Christians Or Muslums .Waschicu .Because they react like this most the time .

I have been making like a kind of research for 3years now on waschicu peoples behavior towards Native American Culture .By wearing certain objects .The result is Sad White.s have not changed much in their attitude towards Native American Culture they prevere to talk about Annie Mae then to talk about how Beautifull Native American Hand work is this is just a small exsample .I dont need people to praise me because Natur teach me to be gratefull for every thing in my life . You are a Good person . I pray your back problems will get better . Mitakuye Oyasin .Rainbow :)
Many Blessings to everyone

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:14 am 

thank you for you prayers rainbow.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:33 pm 

rainbow wrote:
Yes you are right Howard I should not think anything about this strang behavior .Do you know that 43 persons lookt at my work .But you are the only one who like it .Is it possible that they are Christians Or Muslums .Waschicu .Because they react like this most the time .

I have been making like a kind of research for 3years now on waschicu peoples behavior towards Native American Culture .By wearing certain objects .The result is Sad White.s have not changed much in their attitude towards Native American Culture they prevere to talk about Annie Mae then to talk about how Beautifull Native American Hand work is this is just a small exsample .I dont need people to praise me because Natur teach me to be gratefull for every thing in my life . You are a Good person . I pray your back problems will get better . Mitakuye Oyasin .Rainbow :)
Many Blessings to everyone

As a Muslim I like your work. I find it to be quite interesting and I can not find anything about it that would violate any of our strict rules rules about what is permitted and what is not permitted as one who humbly wears the title Sheikh I can not see any reason to call it Haraam (forbidden) and would not be one to declare it haraam.

Actually I find the native cultural to be very much Halal (Permitted) I much prefer living among the Lakotah than I did when I lived in any of the "Modern" societies. The native traditions do not interfere with my beliefs. Both Muslims and Native Americans share the same love of our one Creator and recognize we are only stewards of what the Creator has provided for us and we have a great responsibility to protect the land and all that live upon it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:24 pm 

stewards of the creator...i like that:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:28 am 

Yes Woodrow this is what the Creator showed me That the Native American Culture is very much Permitted by Him .And He showed me this in a Time when I was still a Christian because it did hurt me so much to find out what Christians did to Their Culture and to the first Nations of America It Is a GREAT Sin in the eyes of the Creator ,.It is Because of this That I back slid out of Christianity .

And I also noticed that if you a friend of a Native American and you want to help ,Then they call you a activist ,But if you help africa ,or asia. or any other place then you a hero .This is so unfair .
I pray that the CREATOR help this Nation with so many friends that nobody would dare to touch them again .
Mitakuye Oyasin .Rainbow

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:20 am 

rainbow wrote:
Yes Woodrow this is what the Creator showed me That the Native American Culture is very much Permitted by Him .And He showed me this in a Time when I was still a Christian because it did hurt me so much to find out what Christians did to Their Culture and to the first Nations of America It Is a GREAT Sin in the eyes of the Creator ,.It is Because of this That I back slid out of Christianity .

And I also noticed that if you a friend of a Native American and you want to help ,Then they call you a activist ,But if you help africa ,or asia. or any other place then you a hero .This is so unfair .
I pray that the CREATOR help this Nation with so many friends that nobody would dare to touch them again .
Mitakuye Oyasin .Rainbow

The soul of a people is reflected through the art of the people. There is much similarity between Islamic Art and Native American Art. The main difference being that in Islamic art we make use of calligraphy, flowers and geometric shapes. However our purpose is that art should be thought of as a prayer and what we draw is to give praise to the Creator. I see this very same attitude in Native Art and in the symmetry and fullness of the art I see that similar to the way we use geometric shapes. Art of this nature is to be appreciated by all and should not be disrespected as it is a prayer and reflects the artist's love of the Creator and His creation.

Here is one of my favorite examples of Islamic Art I did not do it I only "borrowed" it from the artist, who did put it on the internet as public domain,

The only thing I do not like about it is somebody wrote the Bismillah below it in English.

The calligraphy is the Bismillah and is to be said by all Muslims before every action, thought or deed. It reads "Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem" (In the name of God, the most merciful, the most beneficent) Raheem does not translate fully into English it carries with it the ideas of providing all, giver of all things and the most generous

I believe that in the symmetry and balanced use of color you will see the similarity to Native American attitudes about the purpose of art and all genuine art is to be seen as a prayer.

I see both Howard's painting and your wall hanging as being visual prayers of praise to the Creator

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:03 am 

i like that calligraphy...very elegant:)

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 103 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next