It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:24 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 26   [ 510 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: A state of war between Crow Creek Dakotah Oyate and the US
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:28 am 

The IRS's seizure and sale of this land, under international law can be argued as an invasion by a foreign power. Is that not a violation of treay provisions between the Dakotah Oyate, specifically Crow Creek Dakotah Oyate and the US. I believe a formal declaration of war should be declared to resist this illegal invasion and seizure of a sovereign nations land. I formally request the intervention of the United Nations into this matter. Why should one sovereign nation pay employment taxes to another sovereign nation when said nation is doing business within the confines of its duly and legally constituted legal boundaries? As recently as the war the United States conducted with Iraq in 1991 the justification and rightly so was the illegal invasion, occupation, and illegal seizure of Kuwaiti assets.

Mr. Obama if you are watching what is happening I hope that you invite Creator into your heart and stop this illegal seizure of what remains of Dakotah homelands. How much more suffering must our Children endure? I ask you Mr. President how much First Americans will endure under your leadership? We are human beings too, human beings that Creator himself made do what you know is right in His eyes. As a member of Crow Creek Dakotah Oyate I implore you to act in good faith as a fellow human being Mr. President. You say you know how it is to be treated as less than human here is your chance to show courage, generosity, wisdom and kindness to a People who have already given much to the People of the United States. On behalf of our future generations I humbly ask these things of you.

Allen James Milk
Crow Creek Dakotah Oyate

Last edited by ghostwarrior on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A state of war between Crow Creek Dakotah Oyate and the US
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:02 pm 

Hau RT... thanks for your support koda. If they think this will lead to anything other than a real shooting war they are sadly mistaken. They underestimate the courage of our Dakotah hearts and spirits and the very Dakotah blood that flows through our veins. The same Dakotah blood that the us govt has spilled on the land time and time again... from the Missippi River Valleys to the forests of Minnesota to the Plains of South Dakotah. I pray that this war does not come to pass but if it does I will be staking myself to that ground and it will take my death to remove me from the land that my Ancestors have paid for with their blood and suffering. The Nobel Peace Prize what A JOKE!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:14 pm 

I spoke with Brandon a few moments ago and he said that he received calls from both Australia and Germany in support of our cause. To all of you out there who are First Americans I would humbly ask that send your flag to support our cause.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:24 pm 

Pidamaya for posting these videos Neerdaels!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:32 pm 

WE THE PEOPLE…
©2009

We are Dakotah…

We will not be exterminated…
I hear the heartbeats of my Ancestors
in the heartbeats of my Children.

We will not be assimilated…
I see the faces of my Grandmothers and Grandfathers
in the faces of my Sons and Daughters.

We will not be defeated…
I see the courage of Dakotah Warriors
in the eyes of my Children.

We will not surrender…
Our Dakotah Way of Life
for a greedy and materialistic existence.

We will not be overrun…
We are Children of the Sun
and have faced the US Government’s Guns.

We will not be converted to perverted false religions…
I see the generosity and kindness of Wakan Tanka
in the deepest reaches of my Children’s Hearts.

We are Dakotah…
and
We will never forget…
That we are One of the First People
of this Land.

AJ Milk

Attachments:
Memorial Stone at Fort Thompson.jpg
Memorial Stone at Fort Thompson.jpg [ 136.82 KiB | Viewed 18447 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 pm 

When the time comes I will be physically staked to the ground. These are my words and I have spoken them.

Attachments:
09-18-09_1903.jpg
09-18-09_1903.jpg [ 110.01 KiB | Viewed 18446 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:23 pm 

http://www.indiancountrytoday.com/archive/28217624.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:56 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmfue_pj ... re=channel

What more can they do to us that they don't already do??? Some of my cousins and my auntie are on this video.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:54 pm 

" We did not ask you white men to come here. The Great Spirit gave us this country as a home. You had yours. We did not interfere with you. The Great Spirit gave us plenty of land to live on, and buffalo, deer, antelope and other game. But you have come here, you are taking my land from me, you are killing off our game, so it hard for us to live. Now, you tell us to work for a living,
but the Great Spirit did not make us to work, but to live by hunting. You white men can work if you want to. We did not interfere with you, and again you say why do you not become civilized? We do not want your civilization! We would live as our fathers did, and their fathers before them. "
-Crazy Horse-

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:59 pm 

" In him everything was made a second to patriotism and love of his people. Modest, fearless, a mystic, a believer in destiny, and much of a recluse. He was held in veneration and admiration by the younger warriors who would follow him anywhere... I could not but regard him as the greatest leader of his people in modern times."

- Dr V.T. Mcgillycuddy, Assistant Post Surgeon, Fort Robinson.

" I saw before me a man who looked quite young, not over thirty years old, five feet eight inched height, lithe and sinewy, with a scar in the face. The expression of his countenance was one of quite dignity, but morose, dogged, tenacious, and melencholy. He behaved with stolidity, like a man who realized that he had to give in to fate, but would not do so as sullenly as possible...
All Indians gave him a high reputation for courage and generosity. In advancing upon an enemy, none of his warriors were allowed to pass him. He had made himself hundreds of friends by his charity towards the poor, as it was a point of honor with him never to keep anything for himself, excepting weapons of war. I never heard an Indian mention his name save in terms of respect. In the Custer Massacre, the attack by Reno had first caused a panic among the woman and children and some of the warriors, who started to flee; but Crazy Horse, throwing away his rifle, brained one of the incoming soldiers with his stone war-club, and jumped upon his horse."

- Captain John G. Bourke.

Perhaps it is time once more...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:40 pm 

We are all poor because we are all honest.

Red Dog - Oglala

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:53 pm 

"This war did not spring up on our land, this war was brought upon us by the children of the Great Father who came to take our land without a price, and who, in our land, do a great many evil things... This war has come from robbery - from the stealing of our land."

Spotted Tail - Brule

Attachments:
spotted tail and wife.jpg
spotted tail and wife.jpg [ 3.83 KiB | Viewed 18358 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:35 pm 

Dear Mr. Obama tell me what has changed since these Dakotah men were hanged in Mankato, MN in December of 1862. My Dakotah People are still the poorest in this nation. We still suffer as forced members of your society. We still suffer under corrupt government agencies and corrupt employees who permeate the Bureau of Indian Affairs, especially the Bureau of Indian Affairs Police. When the voices of your People cried out it was a white man who listened and freed your People. Do you hear the voices of Dakotah children crying because they are hungry? Do you hear the voices of Dakotah children crying because they are cold. Do you hear the voices of Dakotah children crying out to be free, free from this country and all that it represents. Know that the history of my Dakotah People is filled with warrior/statesmen. We will fight you if you come to take what is not yours for it is better to be dead than to be a slave.

http://www.aaanativearts.com/article494.html

For a detailed history of the U.S.-Dakota history in this area, read:
"History of the Santee Sioux" - 2nd ed. (1993), R.W. Meyers, University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln, NE. Dakota Conflict of 1862

Setting the Scene Long before Europeans made their first forays into the territory now known as Minnesota, Native American tribes regularly crossed the Minnesota River at a fording place 14 miles north of the present city of Mankato, half a mile north of St. Peter. Early French explorers gave the site its present name, Traverse des Sioux (Cross Place of the Sioux People).

The solid river bottom through shallow water provided a natural gateway between the dense woodlands on the east and the prairies and bison of the west. As a well-traveled junction, it became a natural convergence point for commerce both for the Native Americans and for European traders and trappers.

By the 1820's, Louis Provencalle, a Frenchman working for John Jacob Astor's American Fur Co., had set up a permanent fur-trading post at Traverse Des Sioux. Soon a settlement sprang up around the post.

On July 23, 1851, one of the most significant Indian treaties in our nation's history was signed at Traverse Des Sioux between the US government and the Wahpeton and Sisseton bands of the Dakota. Two weeks later at Mendota, a treaty was signed with the Mdewakanton and Wahpekute bands. These treaties were instrumental in opening the American west to European settlement.

Some 24 million acres in Minnesota were ceded by the Dakota in exchange for reservation lands and for $3,075,000 to be paid over a 50-year period in annual annuities of goods and money -- about 12 cents an acre for some of the finest agricultural land in the country.

Before ratifying the Treaty the US Senate added amendments that weakened the Dakota position. Even with the changes, the terms of the treaty were not entirely honored by the US

The treaties left about 7,000 Dakota with two reservations, each 20 miles wide and 70 miles long, with a 10 mile strip on each side of the Minnesota River. In 1858 the strip of land along the north side of the river, nearly a million acres, was also ceded to the US The government established two administrative centers, the Upper and Lower Sioux agencies.

Delayed and skipped payments drove the Dakota to increasing desperation with each passing year. Through deceptive business practices, unscrupulous traders and government agents took much of what the Indians did have. Poverty, starvation, and general suffering led to unrest that in 1862 culminated in the U.S.-Dakota Conflict, which launched a series of Indian wars on the northern plains that did not end until the battle of Wounded Knee in 1890.

Colonel Henry H. Sibley commanded the military. A well-known fur trader, Sibley was the Minnesota Territory's first delegate to Congress and the state's first governor.

With most of the able-bodied men away fighting the Civil War, the Indians seized their opportunity and very nearly succeeded. After first advising of the futility of challenging the white man ("Kill one, two, ten and ten times ten will come to kill you," he said), Mdewakanton Chief Little Crow was persuaded to head the Dakota effort.

Before the Conflict (or Sioux Uprising, as it is often called) could be brought under control, at least 450 white settlers and soldiers were killed and considerable property was destroyed in southern Minnesota. There were uncounted numbers of Dakota casualties because of the Indian custom of removing all dead and dying warriors from the battlefield.

A five-man military commission was appointed to try the Dakota who participated in the outbreak. The commission settled up to 40 cases in a single day. Some were heard in as little as five minutes. In all, the commission tried 392, sentenced 307 to death and gave 16 prison terms. Many historians today feel the trial was a travesty of justice.

Authority for the final order of execution was passed to President Lincoln. He was pressured by politicians, military leaders, the press and public for immediate execution of the 303 still on the condemned list. Interceding on behalf of the Dakota was Episcopalian Bishop Henry Whipple, known to the Indians as "Straight Tongue" for his fair dealings. The Rev. Stephen Riggs and Dr. John P. Williamson, Presbyterian missionaries to the Dakota, wrote letters to the press calling for a fair trial.

Lincoln approved death sentences for only 39 of the 303 prisoners. One of the 39 was later reprieved.

At 10 a.m. on December 26, 1862, in Mankato, the group of 38 ascended a specially-erected timber gallows 24 feet square and 20 feet high. More than 1,400 soldiers of the 6th, 9th and 10th Minnesota Volunteers and of the First Minnesota Mounted Rangers were on hand to keep order among the crowds of hostile citizens. The Indians sang as they left their prison and continued singing until the end. It was the largest mass execution in American history

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:45 pm 

"The idea of full dress in preparation for a battle comes not from a belief that it will add to the fighting ability. The preparation is for death, in case that should be the result of the conflict. Every Indian wants to look his best when he goes to meet the Great Spirit, so the dressing up is done whether the imminent danger is an oncoming battle or a sickness or injury in time of peace."

Wooden Leg - Tsististas

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:57 pm 

"Are not women and children more timid than men? The Cheyenne warriors are not afraid, but have you ever heard of Sand Creek? Your soldiers look just like those who butchered the women and children there."

Roman Nose to General Winfield Scott Hancock

Attachments:
roman_nose.jpg
roman_nose.jpg [ 87.04 KiB | Viewed 18116 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:15 am 

"We want no white men here. The Black Hills belong to me. If the whites try to take them, I will fight. "

"They want us to give up another chunk of our tribal land. This is not the first time or the last time."

"If I agree to dispose of any part of our land to the white people I would feel guilty of taking food away from our children's mouths, and I do not wish to be that mean."

"Is it wrong for me to love my own? Is it wicked for me because my skin is red? Because I am Sioux? Because I was born where my father lived? Because I would die for my people and my country?"

"If we must die, we die defending our rights."

Tatanka Yotanka – Sitting Bull

Attachments:
sittingbullpipe.jpg
sittingbullpipe.jpg [ 31.76 KiB | Viewed 17518 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:51 pm 

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."

Chief Aupumut - Mohican

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:28 pm 

"The way, the only way to stop this evil is for the red man to unite in claiming a common and equal right in the land, as it was first, and should be now, for it was never divided."

We gave them forest-clad mountains and valleys full of game, and in return what did they give our warriors and our women? Rum, trinkets, and a grave.

Brothers -- My people wish for peace; the red men all wish for peace; but where the white people are, there is no peace for them, except it be on the bosom of our mother.

Where today are the Pequot? Where are the Narragansett, the Mohican, the Pokanoket, and many other once powerful tribes of our people? They have vanished before the avarice and the oppression of the White Man, as snow before a summer sun.

Will we let ourselves be destroyed in our turn without a struggle, give up our homes, our country bequeathed to us by the Great Spirit, the graves of our dead and everything that is dear and sacred to us? I know you will cry with me, 'Never! Never!

Tecumseh - Shawnee

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:55 pm 

"The Great Spirit raised both the white man and the Indian. I think he raised the Indian first. He raised me in this land, it belongs to me. The white man was raised over the great waters, and his land is over there. Since they crossed the sea, I have given them room. There are now white people all about me. I have but a small spot of land left. The Great Spirit told me to keep it."

Red Cloud - Lakotah

Attachments:
redcloud.gif
redcloud.gif [ 23.42 KiB | Viewed 17415 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:14 pm 

http://www.diversityfoundation.org/indexbrandon.html

An interview with Brandon Sazue, Tribal Chairman of Crow Creek Dakotah Oyate.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 26   [ 510 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next