It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: What can we do?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:06 am 

What CAN a person do to assist and provide support for your cause? Other than the obvious (donations) , how can one contribute in other ways? Someone asked how one "becomes" Lakotah...is this possible? I promote the ideas and thoughts of my ancestsors and wish others would strive to change the curriculum in schools to reveal the truth of our history. I have many questions.

Accept the spirit that is given freely we truly are...All Related.

EDITED by ADMIN David, david@russellmeansfreedom.com, Skype=exhibitize, or call to discuss at 605-867-1025

1. Joining the Republic of Lakotah isn't about having American Indian blood, it's about wanting freedom AND making the sacrifices necessary to live free.
2. Everyone is invited to participate in developing our first "Lakotah Republic Villages." As Russell sees these, they would be villages of 10-30 families that would share a kitchen/dining area, a car or two, solar and wind power. Each family could put up whatever sort of housing suited their needs. Children could be community schooled. Each village could have it's own garden and solar-powered green houses. People could raise chickens, turkeys or whatever.
3. The land here is beautiful and very inexpensive. Good well water is easy to get.
4. If these villages are well-designed, nobody will be "roughing it," life can be a paradise without the rat race of modern America.
5. Eventually, when the ROL is fully realized, ANYBODY can renounce their US Citizenship and get an ROL passport.
6. It's not complicated, it just takes like-minded people planning well, pooling their resources and TAKING THE BIG LEAP!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What can we do?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:18 am 

Phoenix wrote:
What CAN a person do to assist and provide support for your cause? Other than the obvious (donations) , how can one contribute in other ways? Someone asked how one "becomes" Lakotah...is this possible? I promote the ideas and thoughts of my ancestsors and wish others would strive to change the curriculum in schools to reveal the truth of our history. I have many questions.

Accept the spirit that is given freely we truly are...All Related.

I do not believe one needs to be or become "Indian" to support the Lakota cause. The key is simply being and acting as a responsible and free human being. As for changing schools and education, this is something worth doing at local levels, even those outside of American Indian communities. Where history books refer to the American Indian only in the past tense, where their continued existence is erased, this can be changed by concerted actions even on things like school boards, as well as by how we choose to educate our own children. There are many things that can and should be done.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:34 am 

Noticing you are from the Delaware Bay area, you might be interested in a book that can be found on line. This book will tell about the first people and the role they played in the writing of th U.S. constitution and the revolution. " Forgotten Founders " by Bruce E. Johansen. One might start by making this book available at their locale public school and /or library.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:03 am 

hairbitch wrote:
Noticing you are from the Delaware Bay area, you might be interested in a book that can be found on line. This book will tell about the first people and the role they played in the writing of th U.S. constitution and the revolution. " Forgotten Founders " by Bruce E. Johansen. One might start by making this book available at their locale public school and /or library.

I am actually somewhat familiar with the Haudenosaunee and the Gawyehnehshehgowa, although what you suggest is an excellent idea. The Huadenosaunee were able to live successfully for over 500 years under the great law without destroying it in the process, something that those who occupy these lands now never learned how to do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:27 am 

I would suggest a form for renouncing U.S. Citizenship and Claiming Lakotah (Enrollment number?)
I can get my hands on a Camper all I need is a Plot of Land to put it.
I am Quite Capable of Surviving off the land without trashing it! It's called getting back to basics and natures way.
I know the weather up there and it's harsh during the winters.
These are some of my thoughts and ideas.
It WILL take a tremendous amount of Personal Sacrifice to do just getting started but where there is a will there is a way!

I'm willing if the go ahead is given.
How about the rest of you that want to help?
P.S. It would be nice to have some companionship.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:11 pm 

My skills and knowledge base are wide and diversified and I can help on many levels.

If they want my help and want me there, I have already volunteered myself to the cause and way of life.

I'm no stranger to Hot, Hard and Exhausting Work.

I will do what is needed and required of me and go where i'm needed.

For now I will wait until they tell me what they need from me and continue to spread the word.

Russell has my information. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:22 pm 

Akoyeh wrote:
If we truly all are related, does that mean that Wasicu is Lakotah and Lakotah are Wasicu? May be we should come up with a common name, say... Wasitah. That would make everyone happy, including Dakotah and Nakotah. :)

On a more serious note... yes I can be more serious... before trying to figure out what can we do, it would make sense to clarify what are we trying to do here. It does not seem like there is a common understanding at the moment. From Russell Means initial statement one might deduce that the idea behind RoL is to invite more immigrants to Indian lands. Somehow I don't think it is. Or is it?

Siyo Brothers, Sisters,

Traditionally, you could never be Lakota.... One could be adopted into a Lakota Band, one could marry into a Lakota Band, but that still doesn't make you Lakota....

The word "Wasicu" actually means "those of many eyes" .... The word "White isn't even a part of "Wasicu"

As for those of none Native heritage, they are my Brothers, my Sisters, for there is only one race of people upon Maka ina, being the Human Race.

What many of us are trying to save, is our cultural Heritage from fading into non-existence.

As for the ROL, I support any effort of any group of Natives, yet I am free by Traditional Native Law to speak as I feel. Donadagohvi.........

Wado
I am, Crazysun
of the Earth People

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:13 am 

NocturnalShadowWolf wrote:
I have nearly nothing, save a few articles of clothing and a PC. i have no resources, no job, no money, no car, no license, nothing.

How do i get from Point A (being in salem with nothing) to point B (being in the RoL and helping families in what ways i can)???

I have sought freedom from this american "culture" for 12 years. i am 23. Who do i talk to, where do i go, how do i get there?

a couple months and I will be turning 23. 8-)

you are in the same situation as I am, no car/money/license/only few items/a non-existent concept of ownership.

to give you my advice as I see it, you should invest your time in looking for someone who will help you sustain your living there ie: roomate. work out living agreements. your going to have to sacrifice comfort to an extent, by working to help and working to live.

choose a location in which you can best help with your line of expertise. we all have a talent to share in order to help grow relations with the people and the land.

after you have an apartment/house and a means of survivability, ie: income or self-preservance, branch into community efforts such as volunteering to build homes, if such projects exist in your area.

remember to learn from everything and everyone, and spread the teachings, it will become neccesary in order to preserve cultures.

:D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:38 pm 

Honestly, I would not suggest a camper, they suck for insulation. There are other housing ideas that are just as portable but much more energy efficient and cheaper to boot.

I'm taking the leap and going to be looking for a plot of land up there, if anyone wants to speak to me about setting up on it... Contact me, Summers are short and the more bodies we have means the faster shelter gets erected before the big snow comes whipping in :)

"When all the trees have been cut down. When all the animals have been hunted. When all the waters are polluted. When all the air is unsafe to breath. Only then will they discover that they cannot eat money."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:42 am 

Even Cheaper and easier to build is a Yurt. The materials are easier to get and you can do it yourself. The hardest part of the yurt is the Toona and the floor, but there are plans to be found all over the internet.

I've helped make a yurt out of bamboo for a short camping stay and it took us 3 days to make and erect.

I've also been inside of a 30ft yurt and it was as big as a large 1 bedroom apartment inside. for walls and roof you make an inner layer that is seen from the inside, then a middle layer is insulation, then you put on the waterproof outer layer, and you can even insulate the floor. they make heaters for them, or you can use a space heater or small wood stove believe it or not. They have been used in alaska, and well, if the mongolians can live in one covered in simple felt and find it warm, putting insulation on one would surely withstand a South Dakota winter and then some.

"When all the trees have been cut down. When all the animals have been hunted. When all the waters are polluted. When all the air is unsafe to breath. Only then will they discover that they cannot eat money."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 am 

I think one thing that we can ALL do is to help support the Republic's bank, and in the process we would be protecting ourselves from the inevitable collapse of the U.S. dollar.

There is an economic LAW that says what will happen to a form of currency that is not backed by something with real, intrinsic value (such as silver or gold). The institution which controls the currency will over-produce their tokens of value to make up for the increasing penalty of it not being valuable in the first place. The system self-destructs after undergoing a period of hyper-inflation.

Don't forget that the new 700 Billion Dollar Corporate Welfare Fund gives the U.S. treasury permission to print a large amount of U.S. bills. They are going to try to give this dying economy a jump start, and it may work for a while, but the truth is that your dollar will be worth a lot less.

But before it becomes worth that much less, I think we can preserve some of our money's value by buying what they call silver rounds and pre-1965 U.S. coins. In the event that the U.S. economy totally collapses, you at least have some form of currency that will work.

We can send the Bank of the Republic of Lakotah some of our gold and silver coinage. This way they'll be in possession of something with real value which is recognized worldwide. They can hold on to it for us, an when a bank has gold and silver to borrow against, they can begin to do things, like building clean energy infrastructure and community housing. They'll be doing us a favor and we'll be doing them a favor.

So if we decide to set aside some money to buy some silver currency (just in case), I think that by opening an account with the Bank of the Republic of Lakotah and sending them even just some of our emergency silver would be a great way to help.

Like Russell Means said: It is a pipe dream, a dream from the sacred pipe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:12 am 

Quote:
I think one thing that we can ALL do is to help support the Republic's bank, and in the process we would be protecting ourselves from the inevitable collapse of the U.S. dollar.

i'm not too sure of that... when the world dollar dies... commodities will be where the value truely lays... foods+seed, clothes+blankets, housing, animals, etc...

and not to mention... the RoL's currency will be one of only a handful of worldwide currencies that will be backed by precious metals(gold/silver/platinum/etc)... and since the uSA's isnt... trade along that line, would be something worthwhile, for something... not worthwhile... the only viable way of trading is a commodity(gold/etc) for other commodities(lumber/etc)

and once all the gold is gone... then what? it'd take us back to the free trade/bartering of commodities (food for lumber for example...) in which the nation would have a viable currency... and all international trading... would be for commodities of equal value...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:34 am 

i donated all i could. im not rich but i could probably donate to the community in some way. i know how to rebuild engines and fix car's, repair tv's vcr's and computers and do landscaping i have been working with hydrogen and oxygen i figure i could heat a whole house for one day using one 12 volt car battery..
using a stainless steal heater with steal plates at the bottom that would probably have to be replaced every 12months that would cost about two dollars.
recharging the battery using wind and solar, you can use tap water or snow.

refrigerator and coolers take a lot of electricity so im working on using the hydrogen and oxygen running a five horse power engine i need to come up with some type of muffler that will not rust or hold water because the problem we have now with out the muffler is pretty noises, and with the muffler on it rusts and fills with water and the engine dies i figure this engine is enough to run the refrigerator and cooler and a few lights and and recharging the battery to.

im not a smart man i dont even have an education or an ged nobody wants to hire you if you dont have an education in america.
i hope to be up there soon an maybe we can help to start on building hydrogen oxygen heaters to keep people warm. the only thing that would cost money would be either the solar panels or wind generators and the 12 volt car battery the steal you can get from all most any junk car . you can buy wind generators for around $120 dollars and that would give you several years of free heat or light.

THANKS FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ THIS!
RAY G.

o yea and i send this email to Attorney General Larry Long on 10/28/08
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/28/08
To the Attorney General Larry Long

What do you guys think you're doing up there, that is their land, and why are you guys still on their land, why? That is a sovereign nation the Republic of Lakotah, I think it is wrong for the Americans to be prosecuting a member of a sovereign nation for fishing on their own land. I am asking the American/State government, I as an individual to please leave their nation. It's a sovereign nation you have no right prosecuting them or enforcing U.S. laws on their land. It makes me feel bad to see what you guys are doing to these people, that are non-violent, according to your law he should be prosecuted in the United States but the problem here is that back in 1868 with the Treaty of Fort Laramie they still obtain their rights of hunting and fishing, what you are doing would contradict the Treaty. I do not know why you guys allowed him to go fishing, and give him the impression that everything is okay, that it would be without consequence only to turn around and prosecute him. None of this would have even happened if he were told or if it were posted that if he were to fish that he would be prosecuted, so the way i see it you guys are at fault for failing to inform the public. when they closed the fee station that's giving someone the false impression that they would not have to pay and that fishing for the day would be free so I believe he has every right to fish on their/his land without any consequence. I think the right thing to do would be is to dismiss all charges on Russell Means. Do the right thing, God Bless You Mr. Attorney General Larry Long

Treaty of Fort Laramie (1868)
agreement between the United States and the Lakota nation, Yanktonai Sioux, Santee Sioux, and Arapaho signed in 1868 at Fort Laramie in the Wyoming Territory, guaranteeing to the Lakota ownership of the Black Hills, and further land and hunting rights in South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana. The Powder River Country

ray goodman

phoenix az 85009

Last edited by RAYgoodman on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:39 am 

taith wrote:
Quote:

the RoL's currency will be one of only a handful of worldwide currencies that will be backed by precious metals(gold/silver/platinum/etc)... and since the uSA's isnt... trade along that line, would be something worthwhile, for something... not worthwhile... the only viable way of trading is a commodity(gold/etc) for other commodities(lumber/etc)

One way you can encourage trade is by providing people with a means to enter the new economy. The Republic of Lakotah is going to build a clean energy infrastructure. They can expand their efforts into U.S. houses and provide them with the option of selling energy back into the grid during peak hours (this would require solar energy). Now you are using their houses to create energy, and paying them for it with money backed by RoL gold..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:52 am 

taith wrote:
Quote:
...and once all the gold is gone... then what? it'd take us back to the free trade/bartering of commodities (food for lumber for example...) in which the nation would have a viable currency... and all international trading... would be for commodities of equal value...

No, once all the gold is gone, we move to other precious metals. Gold is just a commodity to prevent the arbitrary creation of fiat money out of nothing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:27 pm 

In response to the bank and gold..... I think is great idea....gold is good... just have to figure out to transmutate it to white powdered gold.. i think thats what Moses did with the ark of th covenant they were carrying around half across the globe... yes white powder gold... elemental form.. i think you can eat it... rumor has it .. it was the manna found in lawn in the morning so the rumor goes... well if that doesn;t work... gold is kinda shiny,, might make good lures for fishin' and when the nazi conservation guy comes along to arrest ya .. just give him one of your lures so he don't take you to jail... come to think of it.. donlt they gotta feed you in jail... warm there too i imagine...showers i bet too... hmmm...

Just a bit of humor

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:49 pm 

Hau Folks!

A lot of interesting postings. I liked Iotetra's in particular.

We can do alot! Look at the U.S. and the World. What works?...What doesn't?

If we are to build a Nation, a Society that works, then we need smart ways of providing Food, Water, Shelter, and Energy, and RoL is committed to these ventures. Health care would be nice, as would cultural interaction that makes us a community. On the side is the commercial activity.

Commercial activity is the interaction with the rest of the World's People. We will be an island of Integrity and Courage within a cesspool of Corruption and Cowardice that is the World right now. My particular areas of interest are agriculture (organic) and sustainable forestry. Both are doable on Oglala and other Lakotah lands. Tatanka will return in Strength to all the Lakotah nations, and He will fill The People with the Hope and Spirit and Cultural Pride that was all of Theirs when they lived together before.

Interaction with the World will require some type of currency, as the people we will want to trade with will be currency based, whether Dollars, Yen, Marks, or whatever. I do support a currency that is precious metal backed, and it may be to our advantage to have such an unusually strong (maybe even collectible) currency to exchange with the outside world. And, whenever practicable, we will probably want to do direct barter trading.

So, let's put on our thinking caps, figure out how to be self-sufficient while working toward the goal of Freedom, and make the commitment to live our lives accordingly. It may not happen overnight, but I honestly believe that it is less of a dream that a close reality.

Kevin

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:12 pm 

Quote:
The word "Wasicu" actually means "those of many eyes" .... The word "White isn't even a part of "Wasicu"

"Wasicun{Wah-shee-chun}
A contraction of Wahosi icun;messenger-delivers- a- message to an individual,whiteman(originally referring to the french clergy.)"
Glossary of Lakotah Words .
Chunska Yuha with James E.Ricketson

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: The topic of Economy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:46 pm 

I could talk for hours on this. "Economy", the way it is done in the "civilized" world, is a way to control people and use them. I don't think that is in accord with what RoL stands for. There is an enormous amount of myths to be busted when it comes to Economics. From the recent discussions I feel a need to point out a few things here.

1) Money is not a commodity in itself. It has become that in the twisted western style of Economics. Money is simply a way to keep track of things.
2) Money don't need to have an intrinsic value; being a precious thing or being backed by one.
3) Money is "a transfer of energy", "lubricant for barter" and most of all, it works as long as people believe in it.
4) Anything might be used to symbolize value.
5) We need no banks to give us slips of paper for exchanging goods - that is one of the greatest lies of our times.

For interesting examples, you may look at LETS systems around the world, the
* Ithaka Hour as a US example.
* Check out what happened in Wörgl, Austria in 1931. They were not alone, but this is one of the best described and covered examples.
* An outstanding example - still to this day - is Guernsey, the UK Channel island, that was devastated after the Napoleonic wars in Europe in early 19th century. After a few years of intelligent and righteous economical thinking and acting, the island was one of the richest places in all of Europe! The effects remain almost 200 years after the fact.

A really good starting point would be the book "Interest & Inflation Free Money" by prof Margret Kennedy, Germany. You may download it for free at http://www.margritkennedy.de/index.php? ... NG&lang=EN.

A people in control of it's own resources is a strong people. A people depending on somebody else giving them slips of paper on which they cling to survive, is a weak people. Guess what kind of people the Wasichu companies like the most...

/B

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:12 pm 

About 16 years ago, I built a geodesic dome in the county south of Charlotte, NC. It is a very solid and acoustically great structure, but does require some serious carpentry in building the panels that form the shell. If I were to do it again, I would have the dome part as a central meeting, eating, etc. area and then have two wings of standard construction as the housing. And, I am intrigued by the RoL project of forming building blocks of high insulation value out of volcanic ash found on Pine Ridge.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next