Post subject: IAQ
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:12 pm 

Hau mitakuye.

Infrequently asked questions.
What are they?
What can we do about them?
Do we really need them?

What's a bot?
A software service plug designed to consume system resources in a witless attempt to gain parity
with itself.

----.----...

Last edited by Thermlin on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: IAQ
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:08 pm 

Thermlin wrote:
What's a bot?
A software service plug designed to consume system resources in a witless attempt to gain parity

Hau Thermlin, this makes feel better, especially the "witless" part. :lol: :D :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:42 pm 

Where did everybody go?

:oops:

Last edited by Thermlin on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:22 pm 

what is the 112th congress,when did it occur,and who does it represent?
what is the patriot act,and to whom does it apply?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:04 am 

"The 112th Congress worked hard on just one thing: competing to be known as the most worthless, incompetent, do-nothing gathering of lawmakers in the nation’s history. These political underachievers may well have guaranteed themselves that dubious distinction by what they did and did not do Tuesday night." http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/03 ... s-20130102

This is why I don't bother to vote :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:07 pm 

Abstract:

"
Budget
Derelict 112th Congress sets new record for low achievement
January 03, 2013|By David Horsey

David Horsey / Los Angeles TimesThe 112th Congress worked hard on just one thing: competing to be known as the most worthless, incompetent, do-nothing gathering of lawmakers in the nation’s history. These political underachievers may well have guaranteed themselves that dubious distinction by what they did and did not do Tuesday night.

In theory, our senators and representatives are elected to promote the best interests of the people who elect them. In practice, a great deal of the elected officials’ time is spent serving the interests of the people who paid for the campaigns that got them elected. But in the past, even the most bought-and-paid-for members of Congress found ways to come together and do the right thing in times of national crisis.

The 112th Congress, though, manufactured an artificial crisis while failing to provide timely aid to people suffering from the devastation of a crisis that is all too real.

The manufactured crisis was the "fiscal cliff." In 2012, after damaging the nation’s credit by playing politics with the debt ceiling and nearly letting the government default on its debts, Congress set a time bomb for itself – big tax hikes and draconian budget cuts timed to kick in after the stroke of midnight on Jan. 1, 2013. This was supposed to focus everyone’s attention so that they would come up with a serious, bipartisan plan for reducing the ever-growing federal deficit.

We all know how that went. Nothing got done for most of the year, then weeks of squabbling and brinksmanship ensued following the November election. Only after the deadline arrived Tuesday was a bill passed that blocked most of the tax increases and delayed reconsideration of the budget cuts for two months.

In other words, Congress could summon the will to do only the very easiest thing: preserve George W. Bush-era tax cuts for about 99.5% of Americans while letting taxes rise a little for households earning more than $450,000 annually. Everything else – all the hard choices – got kicked down the road to the next Congress, thereby guaranteeing another fiscal freakout just weeks from now when the debt ceiling has to be raised again.

It does not have to be like this. There have been countless budget battles in the past, but those occurred in Congresses where compromise, horse-trading and centrist impulses pushed tough debates toward a final resolution. In today’s polarized political world, ideology trumps intelligence, especially in the House Republican Caucus. A perfect example of this was Tuesday’s second failure to serve the public.

Following the vote on the fiscal cliff deal, it was expected that the House would vote on a Senate bill directing $60 billion in emergency aid to the victims of Superstorm Sandy. The people in storm-ravaged New Jersey and New York have waited for assistance many weeks longer than past hurricane victims in several Southern states ever had to wait, but House Speaker John A. Boehner canceled the vote.

A lot of outraged Northeastern congressmen and senators wanted to know why. The answer? Right-wing anti-tax groups, including the Club for Growth and the Heritage Foundation, have been challenging the aid package, demanding that it be balanced with cuts to other programs. They also claimed the measure had been laden with pork, though the examples of extraneous spending were few. So the tea party ideologues in the House GOP gave the aid deal a thumbs down.

New Jersey Republican Gov. Chris Christie went ballistic. In a statement issued Wednesday with New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo, he said: "This failure to come to the aid of Americans following a severe and devastating natural disaster is unprecedented. The fact that days continue to go by while people suffer, families are out of their homes, and men and women remain jobless and struggling during these harsh winter months is a dereliction of duty. When American citizens are in need we come to their aid. That tradition was abandoned in the House last night.”

Since the 112th Congress goes out of business today, the process for delivering storm aid will have to be restarted in the new Congress. Unfortunately, voters did too little to alter the congressional roster in the fall election. Thus it is not cynicism but mere logic that would suggest the new 113th Congress is already primed to set its own low benchmark for dismal achievement."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:31 pm 

Thermlin wrote:
Where did everybody go?
I've been wondering that myself Thermlin. I have wondered if it was because of my posting too many news articles where I just put in the link to the story or when I use a quote from the article with just the attached link. Both are not meant to stymie discussion but rather to keep me from making asinine assertions as I did with Dakod. In his reply (now erased) the only thing he got wrong was saying "That video facebook was by a friend of mine, I thought everyone would get that." I found myself actually LOL on that part because he has no idea how dumb I am when it comes to computers and especially facebook. Sometimes my son just shakes his head and mutters in wonder at my stupidity.

Thermlin wrote:
what is the 112th congress,when did it occur,and who does it represent?
what is the patriot act,and to whom does it apply?
Flip would be a better person answer on the first part but I think the congress changes every two years with the elections of the US House of Representatives.

The patriot act is a combination of laws, most of which were prevously rejected by both houses of congress, that under the alleged premise of keeping us safe from 'terrorism' have been used by LOCAL police forces to deny your rights under the constitution. It allows such things as warrant-less searches of your house, listening to and recording your phone calls, etc. It applies to everyone........unless you are rich or politically connected. The patriot act is people control by a now fascist entity.

lilac wrote:
This is why I don't bother to vote :lol:

To each his own lilac. But in every election there are local issues that need addressing. Things like taxes, school board members, State Representatives and Governor. People that are too lazy to take their butts to an election wind up with loss of women's rights; cities being taken over by a state appointee; loss of collective bargaining; losing the right to vote; dismantling of EPA rules and laws, etc. In 2010 every state that voted for republicans as governors now has one or more of these problems; Pennsylvania, Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc., etc.
As worthless as the 112th congress was what they did agree on were acts taking away your rights. Specifically the PA, NCLB and the NDAA.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:56 pm 

[b]:lol:[b]

:lol:

'New Jersey Republican Gov. Chris Christie went ballistic.'

Attachments:
lavel.jpg
lavel.jpg [ 29.54 KiB | Viewed 3990 times ]
lavel.jpg
lavel.jpg [ 29.54 KiB | Viewed 3990 times ]

Last edited by Thermlin on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:40 pm 

like being in at the birth of time travel

the internet is a weird wild world.If there is any reality we can shift to at the touch of a button,let it be this.

Waka'an
LAughTeR

If yesterday was like tomorrow,how come its always today?

Thanks,NASA,nice ride.Do please call again.

Waaaaaaa!

Waka'an.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:46 pm 

LS,
'. I have wondered if it was because of my posting'

No,it's not. :lol:
'It applies to everyone........unless you are rich or politically connected. '

So does it not apply to everyone?

hmmm.sounds like a dichotomy alert in sector taupe .

no point thinking outside the box when there is no box.

this is a public forum ,dude.it's in the nature of the beast.
What upsets people on this site most of all is the disrespect shown by the ignorant,foolish or just downright contentious to the memory of a brave and noble people already ground down to the thinnest gruel by centuries of persecution.
And then the exploitation of that memory for commercial gain by the same oppressor!?

As Black Hawk said to Andrew Jackson,'I am a man,and you are another.'

The okie links look good,but will take some time to sort through 'em,handwritten stuff looks like the work of a swift hand and a keen ear,but once again,
the winter counts present the best hope of reconciliation between aural and pictorial,regarding the time line...incidentally,someone,(Wali ?)mentions an idea for an ROL version of wintercount?
Any thoughts on this?From any one.?
One significant event from the previous year(the last time it snowed before summer,until spring this year...When it finally arrives.).
There's quite a lot to choose from.
Anyone?

Last edited by Thermlin on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:55 am 

Quote:
To each his own lilac. But in every election there are local issues that need addressing. Things like taxes, school board members, State Representatives and Governor. People that are too lazy to take their butts to an election wind up with loss of women's rights; cities being taken over by a state appointee; loss of collective bargaining; losing the right to vote; dismantling of EPA rules and laws, etc. In 2010 every state that voted for republicans as governors now has one or more of these problems; Pennsylvania, Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc., etc.

Lost Spirit, I understand your point of view but I come to this forum because I am more concerned with what is being done for the American Indian. And as far as I can see not a damn thing for the benefit of the people who, I believe, are the true owners of this land. I take Russell Means's literal meaning of the ROL and those who choose to join. I would stand up for the Ndn's before I would stand up for my own kind.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:36 pm 

lilac, I don't mean to be argumeative but how does not voting help the American Indian? By allowing EPA rules and laws to be dismantled we have run away fracking for both gas and oil and uranium mining and toxic waste being dumped on Indian lands or injected into Indian lands. Indian Health Care funds slashed not to the bone but into the bone. Sacred Sites obliterated. Wars draining away natural resources and funds. When you fight against the PA, NCLB and the NDAA are you not doing it for the American Indians as well as for yourself?

A question: Wasn't Russell's literal meaning of the ROL to move into the five county area surrounding the rezs in SD?

But again, to each his (or her) own.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:48 pm 

hau LS,

and still it snows!!!!

Last edited by Thermlin on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:55 pm 

hau Thermlin,

Yeah, I get it, I'm done.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:18 pm 

a few years back there was an article about the troubles experienced by those on the reservation due to heavy snow fall.and the fact that only 3 snowploughs were active.
Hoping that all are well to date.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:35 pm 

Quote:
A question: Wasn't Russell's literal meaning of the ROL to move into the five county area surrounding the rezs in SD?

I thought it was five states. But like you say, to each his (her) own. And I don't vote because I don't trust politicians. That's my personal choice. I really don't think any of them has the American Indian's best interest at heart. Or most people's best interest at heart. Call me a pessimist or whatever; I think most politicians run for egotistical or financial reasons (or both). Don't want to start an argument though :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:12 am 

NOW thats a ballistic missile

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:26 am 

It was announced today(april 2013) that following a failed legal challenge,a collection of Hopi masks was auctioned off for a record sum in Paris.(France,not Texas).
Don't they belong to the Hopi nation,and not private collectors?
p.s.Enjoyed the poem,GW.Keep 'em coming.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:46 pm 

hau thermlin thank you and yes those masks do belong to the hopi nation... my two youngest their great grandma was a hopi. i do not think the french are going to like very much whats coming down the road for them with regard to those masks.

"I'm out here trying to pray for rain, but my praying is not doing any good with all these kachinas missing."

Mike Gashwazra - Hopi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:39 pm 

Thermlin wrote:
It was announced today(april 2013) that following a failed legal challenge,a collection of Hopi masks was auctioned off for a record sum in Paris.(France,not Texas).
Don't they belong to the Hopi nation,and not private collectors?

ghostwarrior wrote:
hau thermlin thank you and yes those masks do belong to the hopi nation... my two youngest their great grandma was a hopi. i do not think the french are going to like very much whats coming down the road for them with regard to those masks.

"I'm out here trying to pray for rain, but my praying is not doing any good with all these kachinas missing."

Mike Gashwazra - Hopi

hau ghostwarrior and Thermlin, I read this today and felt a little bit better about this crime:

Sacred object handed back to Hopi tribe after ‘shameful’ Paris auction 15 July 2013
Any public display of the katsinam, including in print, television or online, is considered deeply offensive and disrespectful to the Hopi. No photography was allowed of the katsina itself, or during the ceremony.

http://www.survivalinternational.org/news/9360

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ]