It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 45 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Save Pe' Sla
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:04 pm 

"The land has been in the Reynolds family since 1876, the year of Custer's Last Stand at the Battle of Little Big Horn."

ghostwarrior,
How does one buy or acquire sacred lands that are owned by the victorious nation? Lands that are covered by the treaty that was then still in effect?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/n ... hills.html
I see this as nothing more than a bright shiny object to keep eyes from seeing what is really going on. Has the withdrawn land been already sold to a private party?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:47 pm 

"Can the Lakota take back Pe 'Sla, aka Reynolds Prairie, using white man's rules?"

Thus reads the blurb to entice the reader to click on the article written on http://www.southdakotamagazine.com (celebrating life in South Dakota). Talk about stupid questions. If the Lakotah took back Pe 'Sla using "white man's rule" there would be quite a slaughter of white folk out on the prairie. Again, HOW DO THEY LIVE WITH THEMSELVES? Do they actually believe the lies they have brainwashed themselves with?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:06 am 

hau lilac the only known fact is that the public auction has been cancelled that does not mean that the land cannot and/or will not be sold at a private auction.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:24 am 

Ghostwarrior, On one hand this has me very worried; the ways of some people are very underhanded. I'm sure you know that better than I.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:33 am 

http://www.nativenewsnetwork.com/pe-sla ... -road.html

"As folks everywhere prepare to go to the auction, it is important to know where they are going. While the richest gold mine in the history of the world was in the He Sapa, it has closed, mined out. A lot of the settlers who came here back in the day were gold miners, people who were FAT TAKERS, our term for selfish greedy people.

"They saw us, along with the 7th Calvary who grew tired of fighting us, (we are known incorrectly as the Great Sioux Nation) as folks who should be rubbed out. Indeed, many United States leaders said so! Dig deep into history to find those old quotes. Mt Rushmore is carved into a mountain in our sacred He Sapa, four faces of American Presidents, a major attraction in a state dependent on tourist dollars. Crazy Horse, carved into granite, is a desecration that attracts major tourist revenue, and is commonly viewed as a twisted Fat Taker gesture to "honor" a great War Chief who gave his life to protect the Lakota people, life ways and land. Tourist attractions are protected by South Dakota law, while Lakota are prohibited from sacred lands so tourists can free roam to spend dollars. James Anaya of the United Nations knows what he's talking about!"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:11 pm 

Cartoon:

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.c ... ion-131293

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:04 am 

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.c ... ite-131601

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:56 am 

Quote:
“To me, it is the birthplace of our ancestors, our creation story and our star knowledge. I just feel so sad for our Mother Earth because her veins have been polluted and they have dug her up. they have thrown stuff into her and now they are trying to sell her heart, her kids died for our great grandfathers, our Chief Sitting Bull and all of them died defending her for many, many years.” Robin Le Beau Tatanka Agliwin (Woman Who Brings back the Buffalo).

I'm finding that many amerikans, regardless of creed or race, would choose that this land be in the hands of First Nations People. Many realize that for this land to remain pure and escape the machinations of corporate greed it needs to be under the control of those who have respect for her and care for her properly because She takes care of us all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 am 

Agreed lilac but many, many feel we should honor the treaties or that we have no right to desecrate a sacred site any more than we have the right to bomb or mine the vatican. That is except for the greedy ones who don't give a shit about anyone except themselves.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:11 pm 

You are right Lostspirt, the land should not have to be bought; it does not make sense to have to buy back land you already legally own. And as for the Vatican, I would not put that in the same category or even the same sentence. No sacredness there, trust me on that one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:46 am 

Here are a couple of petitions I ran across on CENSORED NEWS:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/564/165/ ... the-sioux/

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/473/447/ ... kota-land/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:26 pm 

So many, regardless of ancestry, do not understand the sacredness within the variations of Mother Earth. Instead they pray and honor a "goddess" who they believe resides in some distant dimension resulting in no honor given to our true Mother. Tragically for us all destruction and desecration of our sacred Earth abounds worldwide. For the benefit of all this sacred land must fall into the safe and loving hands of the Oceti Sakowin.
Quote:
What have they done to the earth?
What have they done to our fair sister?
Ravaged and plundered and ripped her and bit her
Stuck her with knives in the side of the dawn
And tied her with fences and dragged her down.
--Jim Morrison

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:03 pm 

This is not over:

But now, anxiety has replaced optimism as more than a half-dozen Sioux tribes, which include some of the nation’s poorest people, race to come up with the $9 million purchase price before the deadline next month.

Not only poverty stands in the way, but also the charged history: many Sioux ask why they should have to pay for land that already belongs to them, given numerous treaties broken by the United States and a landmark federal court decision in 1979 that called the government’s seizure of the Black Hills one of the most dishonorable acts in American history.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/04/us/si ... =0&emc=tnt

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:57 pm 

That is so wrong to pay for land that is yours to begin with.Things in this world is unfair and I know it is only going to get worse for us all if we don't help each other and stand up for what is right.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:13 pm 

"one of the most dishonorable acts in American history. "
Who is counting?

The land is not for sale...

sounds familiar

Attachments:
b2.jpg
b2.jpg [ 2.88 KiB | Viewed 8872 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:09 pm 

Hau mitakuye

My heart is filled with joy when I see you here, as the brooks fill with water when the snow melts in the spring; and I feel glad, as the ponies do when the fresh grass starts in the beginning of the year. I heard of your coming when I was many sleeps away, and I made but a few camps when I met you. I know that you had come to do good to me and my people. I looked for benefits which would last forever, and so my face shines with joy as I look upon you. My people have never first drawn a bow or fired a gun against the whites. There has been trouble on the line between us and my young men have danced the war dance. But it was not begun by us. It was you to send the first soldier and we who sent out the second. Two years ago I came upon this road, following the buffalo, that my wives and children might have their cheeks plump and their bodies warm. But the soldiers fired on us, and since that time there has been a noise like that of a thunderstorm and we have not known which way to go. So it was upon the Canadian. Nor have we been made to cry alone. The blue dressed soldiers and the Utes came from out of the night when it was dark and still, and for camp fires they lit our lodges. Instead of hunting game they killed my braves, and the warriors of the tribe cut short their hair for the dead. So it was in Texas. They made sorrow come in our camps, and we went out like the buffalo bulls when the cows are attacked. When we found them, we killed them, and their scalps hang in our lodges. The Comanches are not weak and blind, like the pups of a dog when seven sleeps old. They are strong and farsighted, like grown horses. We took their road and we went on it. The white women cried and our women laughed.
But there are things which you have said which I do not like. They were not sweet like sugar but bitter like gourds. You said that you wanted to put us upon reservation, to build our houses and make us medicine lodges. I do not want them. I was born on the prairie where the wind blew free and there was nothing to break the light of the sun. I was born where there were no inclosures [sic] and where everything drew a free breath. I want to die there and not within walls. I know every stream and every wood between the Rio Grande and the Arkansas. I have hunted and lived over the country. I lived like my fathers before me, and like them, I lived happily.

When I was at Washington the Great Father told me that all the Comanche land was ours and that no one should hinder us in living upon it. So, why do you ask us to leave the rivers and the sun and the wind and live in houses? Do not ask us to give up the buffalo for the sheep. The young men have heard talk of this, and it has made them sad and angry. Do not speak of it more. I love to carry out the talk I got from the Great Father [president of the US]. When I get goods and presents I and my people feel glad, since it shows that he holds us in his eye.

If the Texans had kept out of my country there might have been peace. But that which you now say we must live on is too small. The Texans have taken away the places where the grass grew the thickest and the timber was the best. Had we kept that we might have done the things you ask. But it is too late. The white man has the country which we loved, and we only wish to wander on the prairie until we die. Any good thing you say to me shall not be forgotten. I shall carry it as near to my heart as my children, and it shall be as often on my tongue as the name of the Great Father. I want no blood upon my land to stain the grass. I want it all clear and pure and I wish it so that all who go through among my people may find peace when they come in and leave it when they go out.

Ten Bears address at Medicine Lodge Treaty 1867

Mitakuye Oyasin

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:12 pm 

On the right hand side of this article is a reminder that nine, count them, nine days are left to raise money for saving Pe' Sla:

http://www.lastrealindians.com/axCommen ... ostId=2134

"On November 16 Rosebud Sioux Tribal Chairman Cyril “Whitey” Scott received what he calls the best contribution the tribal council and the Oceti Sakowin, the Seven Council fires of the Great Sioux Nation, has received toward the purchase of Pe’ Sla, the sacred site in the Black Hills."

Read more:http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2012/11/21/rosebud-sioux-tribe-kindergarten-class-donates-50-toward-purchase-of-pe-sla-146443 http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.c ... z2CvBY88uo

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:28 pm 

“I just want to know my language. I just want to know what its like to have the Black Hills be only ours. I’m tired of seeing roads built through and gnawing at its glory. This is our glory and pride. Our Makoce.”

Category: 'Autumn White Eyes'
Dear Pe'Sla:

http://www.lastrealindians.com/axCommen ... ostId=2129

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:42 pm 

http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2012/11/p ... great.html

http://www.lastrealindians.com/axpostDe ... writerId=3

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:29 pm 

AHO!