It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:48 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Compile a history
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:41 am 

I have a novel idea for the members of the ROL. I think you all should compile all oral histories together into one standard story based on the teachings of elders handed down. Even stories considered to be myth by some. Put this all in one collective source of history from whatever time in the past to the present, and then add new additions as time progresses into the future. The first several books should be based off of the first couple of thousands of years of Lakotah history and progress forward. I think this should serve as a blueprint to other Natives forced to live in the U.S. to see an easily accessible history at their disposal. I think it would have profound implications.

I have another idea which I think does exist, but one that should be considered if it is not in existence. I believe that the Lakotah should also record the word's of their prospective philosophies and establish Lakotah schools of philosophy. I believe that that would be awesome. Just a thought.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Compile a history
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:53 pm 

Wali,

I still have heard nothing from admin about post a speech that Russell Means gave. I will, however, send it to you in a PM. The first words may address your proposal.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:18 pm 

I've responded in kind.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:48 pm 

Walli, this quote is from a thread Ghostwarrior started titled Pe' Sla under Manifest Destiny:

"It's hard to be proud of your cultural heritage and traditions if every day you face extinction," Debra White Plume - Lakota

To my way of thinking you have a good idea with much merit but who has the time when you are under the boot heel of colonialism every single day? I challenge you to click on this link sometime this month and just scroll through the article titles and see just how the People of this land are under attack each day:

http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]