It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Always Taking But Never Giving Back
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:17 am 

http://www.history.com/videos/america-gets-a-constitution#america-gets-a-constitution. I think they "forgot" to include one very important piece of info in this video, such as giving credit where credit is due: http://gettingtruth.blogspot.com/2007/07/iroquois-influenced-united-states.html
In 1988 they couldn't quite bring themselves to honor the true authors http://www.senate.gov/reference/common/faq/Iroquois_Constitution.shtml

Yeah, I know yesterday was "Constitution Day" but as usual I'm "a day late and a dollar short" ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Always Taking But Never Giving Back
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:23 pm 

Did you know that we had 8 presidents before the Constitution and George Washington? Their pictures are hanging in the White House.The first black president was not Obama.His name was John Hanson.He was our first president and was a Moor.The Moors were originally from Morroccan Spain.The Moors also helped with the Constitution as well as the Iroquois.The second president was a Cherokee by the name of Elias Boudinot.He started the newspaper the Cherokee Phoenix which is still in existence today in the Cherokee Nation.If you look this up they will act like they were white.I never learned any of this in school,did you? Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:00 am 

Craig wrote:
Did you know that we had 8 presidents before the Constitution and George Washington? Their pictures are hanging in the White House.The first black president was not Obama.His name was John Hanson.He was our first president and was a Moor.The Moors were originally from Morroccan Spain.The Moors also helped with the Constitution as well as the Iroquois.The second president was a Cherokee by the name of Elias Boudinot.He started the newspaper the Cherokee Phoenix which is still in existence today in the Cherokee Nation.If you look this up they will act like they were white.I never learned any of this in school,did you? Jennifer

The following statements aren't jabs or disrespects. But this is why it is important to know facts. And you are one of the many individuals to whom I've had to correct for mistaking facts on a few occassions. While it is a novel idea that there may have been a minority president before Barack, there is nothing to support such a claim.

The John Hanson claim is often hotly contested. Although most are sure he was a moor, not all moors are black. That statement is the rough equivalent of saying all Cubans are black. Though it is suspected that he did have some ancestry there is no adequate way to prove it. As for Elias Boudinot, I believe that you are mixing up the two Elias Boudinots. There were two of them. One of them was a fat husky old man who was white and indeed was also the president of the continental congress. There is no mistaking this man's white heritage. On the other hand, there was another who was a strapping young Cherokee who was responsible for posting the newspapers. He was actually born several decades after the constitution had been written, so it is impossible for him to have been president. He was subsequently assassinated in 1839 for his advocation of removal. He knew that the Cheerokee people faced overwhelming odds.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm 

yes,but what does it all meeaaannn?
backawayfromtheenvelopenow :smileyface::smileyface:
Wasi'chu yarondaro

I make two of myself,
Raven,
I make a huge whale of myself,
Raven,
At the place where they drift ashore.
People will dismember me.
I stand upon the promentary;
I summon people loudly
With respect to my position as chief.

Go yourselves!
Pick out what you want!
My house is open.

-author unknown...listed under southern first nations.
(from an anthology of canadian native literature in english.)

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]