It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:29 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 45 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Save Pe' Sla
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:56 am 

Hau mitakuyapi friends and relatives. I come to you once more to ask for your help in protecting the homelands of the Dakota, Lakota and Nakota Peoples who collectively comprise Ocetic Sakowin (Seven Council Fires). Recently the Reynolds Ranch located in the Black Hills offered 1944.26 acres up for sale within this land offered for sale is the Sacred site known as Pe' Sla. This land is the spiritual center of Oceti Sakowin and its loss to development (the state of south dakota is already planning to build a road through the center of Pe' Sla) will have consequences for not only the Dakota, Lakota and Nakota but the entire world as ceremonies are performed there every single year to help keep the universe in harmony not only for our own People and Nation but for the entire earth and all thing that dwell upon her. Please help us defend and protect this sacred site by donating any amount large or small as the amount needed to "buy back" this land is TEN MILLION DOLLARS and the auction is scheduled for August 25, 2012. Donations are currently being accepted at:

http://www.indiegogo.com/PeSla-LakotaHeartland

Pidamaya friends and relatives for your consideration of my words and any help offered to the People of Oceti Sakowin in this fight to save the Spiritual heart of our homeland.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Save Pe' Sla
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:58 am 

The Seven Council Fires or Oceti Sakowin in the Dakota/Lakota/Nakota language. Originally one united people that over time split off or moved to new territories until those groups became independent and begin to maintain their own council fires. This process repeated itself until the Seven Council Fires were formed. Oceti Sakowin consists of the Mdewakantonwan (Mdewakanton), the Sisitonwan (Sisseton), the Wahpekute, the Wahpetonwan (Wahpenton), the Tintatonwan (Teton or Lakota), the Ihanktonwan (Yankton), and the Ihanktonwanna (Yanktonai). The territory of Oceti Sakowin extends from "Minnesota" and "Iowa" to "North and South Dakota", "Nebraska", "Wyoming" and "Montana". The citizens of Oceti Sakowin consist of 16 "tribes" in the "united states" and 9 sioux communities in "canada".

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.c ... ing-pe-sla

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:15 am 

I will direct this to Russell, this is an important issue to all of our people. The Pe 'Sla are our sacred lands not only to the Dakota, Lakota, and Nakota but to the many other nations that have came and gathered there for countless generations. It galls me for us to buy back what is ours by the blood that flows in all of our veins but the lesser of two evils is to raise the funds and stop the resale of this sacred place. You Russell have a powerful voice within the nations and on a national and international level. I am just one small man on the Lakota Colony on our Eastern Frontier recolonizing indigenous lands. You however have the power of your voice and a large audience and can speak to the minds and hearts of many thousands if not tens of thousands of people. I ask that you not remain silent and hidden over the next 9-10 days and speak out only when the time has passed.
StormsRider AKA Mike

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:00 am 

http://www.lastrealindians.com/2012/08/ ... he-sacred/

An article by Winona LaDuke.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:30 pm 

"It's hard to be proud of your cultural heritage and traditions if every day you face extinction," Debra White Plume - Lakota

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:34 pm 

August 25, 2012

http://www.nativenewsnetwork.com/august ... akota.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:19 pm 

Excerpt from Thomas Jefferson, Founding Father of Indian Removal
By Mark Hirsch (historian in the Research Unit of the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian in Washington, D.C.)

http://westgatehouse.com/art263.html

"As Lewis and Clark explored the West, Jeffers...on began hammering out a policy for acquiring lands from tribes living east of the Mississippi. The plan rested on alternately encouraging, cajoling, bribing, tricking and pressuring Indians into signing treaties that ceded tribal lands to the United States.

Jefferson first instructed his agents to persuade Indians to adopt agriculture. That new way of life, the agents explained, would require less land than hunting. With no need for their vast forests, the Indians were encouraged to sell their uncultivated territories for 25 cents per acre, the profits of which Indian farmers could use to purchase agricultural tools and manufactured goods. To stimulate Indian consumerism, Jefferson increased the number of government trading houses located near Native villages, arguing publicly that the establishments enabled Indians to share in the fruits of white "civilization." But it was a ploy. His real motive, he confided in 1803, was to lure Indians into spending themselves into debt, obligations that would be paid off through the sale of tribal lands. "

"Jefferson suggested that if the various Indian nations could be encouraged to purchase goods on credit, they would likely fall into debt, which they could relieve through the sale of lands to the government."

"To promote this disposition to exchange lands, which they have to spare and we want, for necessaries, which we have to spare and they want, we shall push our trading uses, and be glad to see the good and influential individuals among them run in debt, because we observe that when these debts get beyond what the individuals can pay, they become willing to lop them off by a cession of lands." - Thomas Jefferson

Insidious.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:50 pm 

Just think how glorious these sacred lands will be once developed and covered with concrete and filled with tourist or more wasicun housing for the elite. Yeah I can just see it now a HomeSlice on every hill top looking down on the peasants that the sacred lands were stolen from. What a pathetic picture that conjures in my mind.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:20 pm 

Amazingly damned short notice was given on this but to any that read this try to remember that out of many small pieces comes the whole. Five bucks given by 20 people makes a $100.00, etc., etc:

http://sicangulakota.net/2012/08/18/we- ... /#comments

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:20 pm 

Quote:
What a pathetic picture that conjures in my mind.

I agree, Stormsrider. But rather than dwell on this scenario I humbly suggest that we visualize intensely in the next five days these sacred lands left untouched and forever the gathering place for "countless generations" to come.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:10 pm 

Watching this made me want to....................... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrfRyPNrqc0

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:31 pm 

Don't take my sarcasm as my focus. I only plant the vision of what will be in those minds that will say and do nothing now but cry about our further victimization if this comes to pass. I only try to provoke thos who would sit on their hands with their lips sealed into action.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:58 pm 

Viewing the video the music and the cowboys reminded me of "Bonanza". I was waiting for Ben Cartwright and the boys to ride into view. How pathetic that the average amerikan has such a propagandized view of these sacred lands. "The Reynolds Prairie"--what a load of dung.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:28 pm 

"The Rosebud Sioux Tribe is among those tribes that send contingents to the site every year. In that spirit, Rosebud Sioux Tribal Council voted to act as the conduit to unite all the Oceti Sakowin – or Seven Council Fires of the Nation – in this struggle to maintain its deeply rooted traditions."

http://www.nativenewstoday.com/2012/08/ ... s-network/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:00 pm 

hau ghostwarrior,

with more attention coming to this perhaps these two links might be of help:

http://sicangulakota.net/2012/08/21/pro ... /#comments

http://geometryofplace.com/bkhills.html

while the video I posted before was in the top three of a google search I wondered at the time of viewing where were the mountains?

I clicked on this one today and while some pictures have absolutely nothing to do with Pe' Sla' many of them did and many from the last week:

ttp://www.google.com/search?q=Pe%27+Sla ... 31&bih=727

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:04 am 

"We did not give you our land; You stole it from us."

Tatanka Iyotake (Sitting Bull) - Lakota

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:32 am 

"In an unprecedented, collective effort, the united Sioux Nation (the Oceti Sakowin) is attempting to buy as much of Pe'Sla as possible, to save it from destruction and ensure that future generations of Lakota, Dakota, Nakota and other Tribal Nations that consider the Black Hills holy, will continue to have access to this vital sacred site to practice their faith on its ceremonial grounds in its natural, pristine state."
Quanah Brightman spoke further saying,"In the Spirit of Crazy Horse, U.N.A. is demanding the Hearst Corporation contribute to the struggling Lakota Sioux Nation whom they have stolen land and precious Natural resources from. Professor Lehman Brightman states that the Hearst Corporation “has never tried to make amends with the Lakota Sioux Nation.” The heir to the Hearst fortune, William Randoph Hearst III, has “not given one red cent to the Sioux Indians. They could easily afford to set up a scholarship program or improve dilapidated housing on Sioux Territory.” Nearly 97% of the Sioux Nation's population lives below Federal poverty levels... The United States Government and the Hearst Corporation can be prosecuted for violations of International Law. Art. VI of The United States Constitution states, “All treaties made, or which shall be made ... shall be the Supreme Law of the Land." U.N.A. believes it is time that punitive damages be paid to the Lakota Sioux Nation for direct violation of the Fort Laramie Treaties of 1851 & 1868...."
According to Janeen Antoine, "We ask that the Hearst Corporation purchase this land and RETURN it IMMEDIATELY into the hands of the Lakota people, as a part of the reparations of their illegal seizure of Native lands...."

http://www.bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2012/ ... st-at.html

Last edited by Lostspirit on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:38 am 

"I am behind the Pe’Sla movement wholeheartedly, because I do not wish a fate like that my own people will have to eventually face, for the children of the Seven Council Fires. I stated from the start of my involvement in the movement, that simply saying “I’m not Lakota” is nowhere near good enough excuse for not taking action. I cannot, and will not, sit idly by."

"History tells us that the Hidatsa and the Sioux were blood enemies; we raided them, they raided us – we stole dozens of their tiny women, and they stole one or two of our extremely tall ones. I think I’m ready to move past that for the most part, for the good of the people (that was a joke, for anyone who can’t read between the lines. I like to tease my LRI brethren). I too, like many across Indian country, and now across the world, want to see our relatives ‘score a win.’ I too have been inspired by the passion which Chase Iron Eyes, Dana Lone Hill, Ruth Robertson-Hopkins, and Dr. Sara Jumping Eagle have ignited in The People from all the directions. I too, from my small space in the world, will do everything I can to help, no matter the outcome, however the circumstances change. I hope, I pray, and I envision the best for our relatives and for Pe’Sla , and I gladly lend my voice to theirs. Solidarity, relatives – whatever Nation you happen to be from. We are stronger together."

Maaaru hiirii maduu-hiirug nii gii weenia cakeetaara ciixa giirhug ii hiiraara (Hidatsa).

Translation: If something needs to be done, don’t wait to be told; do it."

http://www.lastrealindians.com/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:05 am 

"The whole of the Black Hills fall within the Fort Laramie Treaty lands of 1851 and 1868, which are guaranteed under the US Constitution to belong to the Lakota. The Fort Laramie Treaty ended the Powder River War of 1866-1867, led by Chief Red Cloud protecting earlier treaty lands against illegal white occupation. (The defeated 7th Calvary was commanded by a Col. Joseph J. Reynolds who some believe may have been the original owner of the homesteaded Reynolds land). The Treaty assured the Black Hills to be part of the Great Sioux Reservation spanning several states, where the Sioux Nation, which is made up of the Lakota, Nakota and Dakota people, were to have "the absolute and undisturbed use and occupation" of the land.'"

http://truth-out.org/news/item/11035-ex ... acred-site

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:45 am 

Interesting development... but it does not change the fact that the Black Hills are NOT FOR SALE.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/n ... hills.html

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 45 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next