It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:21 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 21 of 26   [ 510 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: A state of war between Crow Creek Dakotah Oyate and the US
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:25 pm 

ghostwarrior wrote:
Hau my friends... This summer my son Dakotah and i took part in the community ceremony at Crow Creek to rebury "artifacts" repatriated from some university thanks to the Crow Creek Tribal Historical Office and its Director who is a good woman and my friend. It is a good feeling to know that these things that never should have been taken from the land have been returned because in truth these items are not "artifacts" but the personal property of our Ancestors and deserve to be treated with respect

Hau ghostwarrior, in today's Sacramento Bee there was an article about workers at a State Park in the Mojave Desert that had stolen "Native American artifacts and historical documents." And since the parks closure due to funding the park had been hit "several times." I know that this is not L/D/N but I was going to post it to this thread. However, when I went online to the newspaper's site it did not come up on their search engine so I clicked the button for an online search. What I was looking for never came up but the first was the same thing happening in Wisconsin and then many other states.

"Sometimes I think I would like to go into one of your cemeteries with a bulldozer and knock over all the headstones and plow up all the coffins. Then I'd take the bones and put them in plastic bags. I'd put them all in a window of a store with a sign that said 'White People's Artifacts.' Then you could come down and point to a bag and say, 'That's my grandmother.' If you were lucky, I might even have the measurements of her skull on a little card on the bag.

"If you wanted them back, I'd just laugh. I'd say they were part of an exhibit and we were treating them with respect. I might charge you a dollar to come in and look at them. But I'd let your children in cheaper because I'd say they should learn about their past and how sacred it is. Then I'd take their money and show them the bags."
Kent Nerburn.........Neither Wolf Nor Dog

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:06 am 

Hau, Ghostwarrior,

Thank you. I will see about contacting them to see if any work is being done in this area...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:54 pm 

http://www.indianlaw.org/content/un-spe ... e-be-heard

It is important that the world hear the voice of the People and not the colonial indians who say they represent the People.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:59 pm 

Ghostwarrior, when I check this out there are no THPO branches in this area which is understandable considering their responsibilities are on the reservation as I understand it. Still, I wondered if anyone had ever spoken about bringing home these lost Children.

The magnamity of it overwhelms me now. At first it seemed like it would be simple enough until I remembered all these children were all housed in dormitories not according to their tribes so there could never be anyway of knowing even in death who they really especially those are in their unmarked graves...so sad...

Also, I must give you the credit for that article I posted. I think you posted earlier in this thread. I apologize.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:13 am 

Hau Lostspirit i have had those exact thoughts many times as the curiousity overwhelms me as to how many rocks thomas jeffersons racist skull could hold. i can still remember the look on the faces of the waiscu ladies from the university who brought the personal belongings of our Ancestors back to our lands... a look of horror and disgust as we returned that which should never been unburied or taken from the land... to the land and to those whom those things belonged.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:01 am 

Quote:
i have had those exact thoughts many times as the curiousity overwhelms me as to how many rocks thomas jeffersons racist skull could hold. i can still remember the look on the faces of the waiscu ladies from the university who brought the personal belongings of our Ancestors back to our lands... a look of horror and disgust as we returned that which should never been unburied or taken from the land... to the land and to those whom those things belonged.

I have an active imagination so I couldn’t resist the visual of going to Monticello and bulldozing the grave of chauvinist Thomas Jefferson then taking the skull and plunking rocks into it and then displaying my handiwork, all in the name of research, of course. Maybe I would even hold a contest to guess the number of rocks in the skull. Afterwards I would “sensitively” return the remains.....Back to reality; I would be one dead woman the moment I entered the gravesite on my bulldozer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:18 pm 

An annonymous letter written to the People at Crow Creek from the last election.

Attachments:
lettertothepeople.jpg [2.35 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:19 pm 

Hau Young Man Who Stands Alone (Brandon Sazue)... nina wastedo koda... i have much faith in you koda that you will allow the voice of the People to be restored to the People at Crow Creek. Makoda tanyan ecu wo!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:56 am 

ghostwarrior wrote:
Hau Young Man Who Stands Alone (Brandon Sazue)... nina wastedo koda... i have much faith in you koda that you will allow the voice of the People to be restored to the People at Crow Creek. Makoda tanyan ecu wo!

Hau Koda,

I have not been very active on the computer in the past year. My wife has been much more active than I have been.

Just want to say I am pleased to see you are still here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:38 pm 

ghostwarrior wrote:
An annonymous letter written to the People at Crow Creek from the last election.

Attachments:
lettertothepeople.jpg [2.35 MiB]
Not downloaded yet

hau ghostwarrior,

I saw this today and thought of your post:
http://sicangulakota.net/2012/07/22/ros ... s-on-fire/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:12 pm 

Civil War!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:29 pm 

"Son, I never want to see you live to be an old man. Die young on the battlefield. That is the way a Lakota dies." Itancan Standing Bear I - Lakota

"The full intent of this advice was that i must never shirk my duty to my tribe no matter what price in sacrifice I paid. Yet in serving my tribe I was serving myself. If I failed in duty, I simply failed to meet a test of manhood, and a man living in his tribe without respect was a living non-entity. My ancestors had been brave men. There was not an enemy they feared--not even did they fear death. So if I were unafraid to die I would then dare to do whatever came to me to do."

Itancan Standing Bear II - Lakota

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:29 pm 

"The lesson is quite general across Indian Country and, indeed, across the world. Foreign systems of government that do not fit with a people's own standards as to how they should self-rule are prime causes of nations in trouble." - The State of the Native Nations: Conditions Under U.S. Policies of Self-Determination.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:30 pm 

"The bands were governed, as were individuals, families, and the nation, by ancient and traditional customs. And these customs which had, through many years of time, became established in the minds of the people, were based upon human and individual needs. The central aim of the Lakota code was to bring ease and comfort in equal measure to all. There were no weak and no strong individuals from ......the standpoint of ppssessing human rights. It was every person's duty to see that the right of every other person to eat and be clothed was respected and there was no more question about it than there was about the free and ungoverned use of sunshine, pure air, and the rains with which they bathed their bodies. There were no groups of strength allied against groups of those weak in power."

Itancan Standing Bear II - Lakota

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:11 am 

ghostwarrior wrote:
Civil War!

I would have to assume by this and your following posts that the fight is between "Rulers and Leaders." The imposed versus traditional. One system that has never worked versus one system that has worked for millennium.

In every book I have read or video that I have watched I have always found myself siding with the traditional.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:50 pm 

ghostwarrior wrote:
Hau Lostspirit i have had those exact thoughts many times as the curiousity overwhelms me as to how many rocks thomas jeffersons racist skull could hold. i can still remember the look on the faces of the waiscu ladies from the university who brought the personal belongings of our Ancestors back to our lands... a look of horror and disgust as we returned that which should never been unburied or taken from the land... to the land and to those whom those things belonged.

Hau GhostWarrior, it is good to read your words of wisdom. I do not get online as much as I would like. The above quote reminds me of the confliction feelings and emotions I have on the subject. I object to grave robbing. I do not even like to go to a graveyard to visit my grandparents and other relatives, but I still visit. I shudder at the thought of their bones being put on display in some museum in another 300 years. Yet, I enoy learning of vanished cultures. For instance, just west of Titusville Fl. In the 1980's, workers excavating in a housing development unearthed the remains of the ancients who lived here some 6,000 years ago. They were buried on their left sides with heads facing north. The bodies were preserved much like the "bog bodies" of europe. Some still had brain tissue. Thankfully, the bodies were reburied.

I know it must sound hyprocritical, and I do not wish it to be so. On one hand I am facinated by what has been learned, yet mortified at the disturbance of their final resting place. I kind of feel like a child who knows that playing with fire is wrong, yet I am playing with matches and burning the house down. I want to say it is because of the abundance of white blood in my veins, but I think that is a cop out. What do you say about this conflict within myself? I respect your wisdom and opinions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:24 pm 

Hau Flip it would appear you already answered the question if you look more deeply at what you posted. i cannot decide for you what is right and wrong only you can do that but for me i know what is wrong and right within me and for me this is not our way of doing things.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:24 pm 

"The barbarism employed by Great Britain, Spain, Portugal and other European Nations to subjugate Amerindian peoples during colonial times, and by the countries they begot in the Americas as a result of colonization, probably exceeds, or at the very minimum equals, the barbaric performances of the twentieth-century regimes of Nazi Germany and the Stalinist Soviet Union combined. Like the people
who suffered horribly under those regimes, Amerindians at various times and places over the last five hundred years were imprisoned and executed without trial or recourse, enslaved, tortured, relocated without consent, treated as inferior human beings, subjected to deliberate genocide, and demonized by monstrous lies; children were removed from families; properties were confiscated by the state without compensation, cultures were destroyed and so on."

Daniel N. Paul - Mi'kmaq

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:37 pm 

Yeah,I have been reading about all of Americas history lately and it is so sickened that every country of the Americas were taken in despicable means against all the indigenous people by the Europeans.The Great Spirit gave Americas to the Amerindians for the land to have been taken away like it was taken away.Right now I am reading about Puerto Rico and the Amerindians there got treated as horrible as can be.The women there got raped unmercifully. Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:17 pm 

Quote:
Amerindians at various times and places over the last five hundred years were imprisoned and executed without trial or recourse, enslaved, tortured, relocated without consent, treated as inferior human beings, subjected to deliberate genocide, and demonized by monstrous lies; children were removed from families; properties were confiscated by the state without compensation, cultures were destroyed and so on."

Those guilty of crimes against humanity during the reign of Hitler were brought to trial at Nuremberg. The US denounced the crimes wrought during Stalin's dictatorship; the basis for the Cold War. But the crimes against Amerindians have never been officially told to the mainstream, never included in the history books taught in public schools, and most heinous, the thousands of criminals responsible for those crimes never brought to trial. And it still continues. WHY?
The following is part of the opening statement at the Nuremberg Trials. It should have been spoken in another courtroom in another time to punish the crimes against humanity wrought against the natives peoples of this entire hemisphere:

"The privilege of opening the first trial in history for crimes against the peace of the world imposes a grave responsibility. The wrongs which we seek to condemn and punish have been so calculated, so malignant, and so devastating, that civilization cannot tolerate their being ignored, because it cannot survive their being repeated.The privilege of opening the first trial in history for crimes against the peace of the world imposes a grave responsibility. The wrongs which we seek to condemn and punish have been so calculated, so malignant, and so devastating, that civilization cannot tolerate their being ignored, because it cannot survive their being repeated. That four great nations, flushed with victory and stung with injury stay the hand of vengeance and voluntarily submit their captive enemies to the judgment of the law is one of the most significant tributes that Power has ever paid to Reason.

Merely as individuals their fate is of little consequence to the world. What makes this inquest significant is that these prisoners represent sinister influences that will lurk in the world long after their bodies have returned to dust. We will show them to be living symbols of racial hatreds, of terrorism and violence, and of the arrogance and cruelty of power." Robert Jackson

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 21 of 26   [ 510 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next