It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:19 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sacred Ceremonies
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:34 pm 

This petition is for a small California tribe fighting the government and racism from the local wasichus. The tribe has not only lost the salmon but they cannot conduct their ceremonies without being interrupted. This tribe needs help:

https://www.change.org/petitions/allow- ... vacy#share

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Sacred Ceremonies
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:24 pm 

http://www.winnememwintu.us/

"What the fuck are you looking at?"

"WE love amerika, how about you?"

Last edited by Lostspirit on Wed May 30, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:43 pm 

http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2012/05/p ... emony.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:46 pm 

"I wish to strongly suggest that not only is it within your power to briefly close the McCloud River for a few days for the Winnemem Wintu’s native ceremony, as respectfully requested, but it is also a morally and legally justifiable action."

http://www.winnememwintu.us/2012/06/04/ ... dium=email

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:00 am 

http://www.bsnorrell.blogspot.com/
Sadly this country seems to act in a morally and legally justifiable manner only if those effected are European descended.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:14 pm 

http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2012/07/w ... -2012.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:58 pm 

http://www.winnememwintu.us/2012/07/09/ ... july-11th/

"Press Release: BIA Will End Chief Sisk's
Twenty-Four Day Fast, Wednesday, July 11th'

On Friday, July 6th, Dr. Virgil Akins, Superintendent, BIA of Northern
California agreed to meet with Winnemem Wintu Tribal Chief and Spiritual Leader,
Caleen Sisk to discuss the issues surrounding a ‘technical correction’ to
restore the tribe’s status as a federally recognized tribe."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:35 am 

Hau,mitakuye.
Manataka...whole new can of worms.
mitakuye oyasin.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:41 am 

"Hello,

I have started a thread awhile back here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3360

A few years ago I watched a PBS documentary on the Sacramento River and, I believe, your tribe was on it. My memory is getting worse as I age but it seems to me that the young women swam to the rock naked. As I understood it the rock, now in the middle of the lake, was once the far side of the river. The camera did not show any nudity but, again, as I understood it, in days past that was custom. I do remember though my total embarrassment when the camera showed people jumping off the bridge while this was going on. I did not like white people much that evening even though I am one.

If what I have said is incorrect or you would like to write a better account I can post I will. So far 662 people from around the world have viewed the thread. I am just trying to help get the word out.......................Pat"

"Hello Pat,

You are right about the old days of the swim to the rock naked. I do appreciate the thread you have for our support. It is a long hard struggle, as this time at the Ceremony the USFS gave me two tickets for violating the Special Use Permit and the Closure Order for having a motor boat to transport the elderly women across the river to the bark hut side to teach and visit Normem. The notice for court appearance will come in the mail to go to federal court, with a fine of $10,000 or 1 year in jail. This is the price of our "freedom of Religion"!"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 pm 

You can't do anything anymore wihout the lawmakers making up laws every minute as it goes and you don't know that, if or when you are breaking a law.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:25 pm 

The USFS is not a law maker. It is just another colonial enforcer entity continuing to steal from those that own the land. If you think about it they could be asking for water rights which are like gold in CA. Instead they ask the closure of one river that feeds into the Sacramento River, which is a huge drainage area, twice a year in order to practice their religion uninterrupted.

Harassment is harassment, colonialism is colonialism, greed is greed and all are the face of the USFS.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:18 pm 

Everyone has a right to practice their religion .It is our right by the Great One and not by man telling us what to do or not to do.The constitution is based on religious freedoms and that is one of the reasons why some people came over to America was for religious freedoms and how dare they harrass Indians who was here first. USFS may not be lawmakers but they think they are or they wouldn't be harrassing them.I use lawmakers as a term for people who like to push others around and make up laws or rules as it goes just for the heck of it just because they think they can...... A couple of years ago I had some antique furniture I was redoing on the carport and my husband had his old truck he was working on and had some of the truck parts laying on the ground beside the truck.We got a citation from the code enforcer that if we didn't remove and get rid of the furniture and the truck we would face a $1000 fine or 3 days in jail.My husband teasingly said he would go to jail and tell everyone he went to jail for not hauling off his truck. We also got a warning for selling our puppies in our own yard and their is no law against it.The animal control lady was trying to push her weight around just because she thought she could.We were back at it the next day selling the puppies.My brother had to pay a $5000 fine for a stump in his yard.It is illegal to cut a tree down in the state of Ga. and leave a stump.The only thing was is that he didn't cut down the tree.My father did and it was cut down in the 1990s before that stupid law was made.The stump had petrified.Some people are good at harrassing others.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:47 pm 

Craig wrote:
Everyone has a right to practice their religion .It is our right by the Great One and not by man telling us what to do or not to do.

The Forest Service Nazis would disagree. Check out the video "Ceremony Is Not A Crime:"

http://www.nativenewsnetwork.com/winnem ... funds.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:10 pm 

They know damn well they can't come right out and charge the chief with participating in a "religious" ceremony so the clever little bastards issue her citations for "operating a boat in restricted waters and violation of a special permit." Wonder how long it took those geniuses to come up with that. Can't these people find something better to with their time (and taxpayer's money)?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:34 pm 

That was wrong to have done her that way.The Chief was doing no harm.It is her right,her land,her religion.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:16 pm 

lilac wrote:
They know damn well they can't come right out and charge the chief with participating in a "religious" ceremony so the clever little bastards issue her citations for "operating a boat in restricted waters and violation of a special permit." Wonder how long it took those geniuses to come up with that. Can't these people find something better to with their time (and taxpayer's money)?

lilac, I have thought about your question for some time now. I would have to say the planning began when the handwritten part of the agreement was not included in the final printed version of the permit. Here are two new links that show the boat and the Chief. My question is how do you operate a boat when you are not near the controls for the motor nor the steering wheel?

http://www.winnememwintu.us/2012/10/06/ ... r-justice/

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.c ... lty-137156

And yes, I am going. This BS has to stop. All over this land the USFS is attacking sacred ceremonies and the rights to practice religion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:30 pm 

Quote:
How treaty like is that?

Winnemem Wintu Chief and Spiritual Leader Caleen Sisk asks in the first video posted by Lostspirit. So many people just ignore that question and that is what is at the heart of the whole problem in the united snakes (home of the Brave....land of the free).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:35 pm 

New petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/u-s-dis ... LqWIoYhEQk

There's a new petition taking off on Change.org in your area, and we think you might be interested in signing it:
Cancel the citations against Chief Sisk
Sign the Petition

U.S. District Attorney Benjamin Wagner: Rescind the Ceremony Citations Against Winnemem Chief Sisk

Started by: Caleen

After public pressure helped secure a river closure so the Winnemem Wintu could hold our Coming of Age ceremony in peace and dignity free of public harassment this July, the Forest Service displayed their true colors.

While we were threatened by the public on land and water, U.S.F.S. law enforcement harassed us constantly, and used our own closure against us. They tried to stop us from using our own motor boat to ferry elders, including disabled women, across the river for ceremonial purposes.

They ended up writing our Chief two citations, each punishable by $5,000 or 6 months, for using a boat to ferry elders across the river in the closure area.

Getting the elders across the river is an important part of the ceremony, and the citations represent an effort to limit and restrict indigenous religious practices. This is the same government that, in California, sponsored a genocide against Indians, and has a history of making Indian religion a criminal act.

In addition to being a strike against religious freedom, the citations could lead to the Chief being sent to prison for a year. This would mean the tribe could not hold its ceremonies, and its efforts to protect sacred sites would be crippled.

This injustice is unnecessary, and a cruel and unusual punishment against a people who have already suffered greatly at the government's hands. It must be stopped.

Click here to sign Caleen's petition, "U.S. District Attorney Benjamin Wagner: Rescind the Ceremony Citations Against Winnemem Chief Sisk".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:48 pm 

I have to wonder how one gets a ticket for the operation of a boat while not near the motor's controls nor the steering wheel but sitting at the front of the boat looking forwards. The USFS Nazi like "Barney Fife" officers seem to be to have been too incompetent to check the required vehicle numbers and the State registration decal (all boats in CA must have these on them and viewable when the boat is in the water fully loaded) to know who owned the boat. Supposedly this is why the Chief was ticketed, she couldn't tell them who owned or operated the boat out of 100s of volunteers so they ticketed her. Kind of like days of old where you were shot for being in the vicinity even if your tribe had nothing to do with any altercation that may have occurred. Guilt by being Red. Same shit, different year.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:49 pm 

Under pressure:

http://www.winnememwintu.us/2012/10/15/ ... cancelled/

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next