It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: The Cherokee" Black Drink"
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 am 

Pahanna,I found out more on the black drink.Actually the Cherokees called the black drink, the white drink.The Europeans started calling it the black drink because of it's color.To the Cherokees the white drink symbolized purity,happiness,social harmony and so on.The main active ingredient is caffeine.By roasting its leaves and twigs it makes more caffeine.Dry the leaves in an earthen container and parch it over the fire until dark brown color.Then place the roasted leaves and twigs in water and boil it until a dark brown liquid.Then pour the drink through a strainer and into jars.When you can touch the drink with your finger without scalding it -it is ready to drink.Drinking it hot heightens the effects of the caffeine 30 times than if you were to drink it at room temp......Sounds like a good cup of joe! If only you would not puke!LOL Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Cherokee" Black Drink"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:25 am 

Jennifer, i am thinking a little puking could be a good thing, i know parasite or worm control was one of Two Trees main issues in treating people, i have made black walnut tea before and wormed my dogs with it, one time i got a rash around my lower stomach and drank some, that stuff will make you puke and crap at the same time but the rash went away, i made it real strong cooking down the leaves and found out that it would sit for a couple years at room temperture and not get mold growing in it

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Cherokee" Black Drink"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:46 pm 

Yeah,that black walnut will do the trick to fight parasites.I give my dogs that instead of expensive heartworm medicine from the vet.It sure will clear the digestion if you have salmonella or e-coli,too.We have a tincture of black walnut/wormwood/clove at work that won't make you throw up.It is from "Now". Two Tree was right on clearing up the parasites.Parasites and pollution are the two main causes of any disease.Puking is a good thing.I just hate to be sick at my stomach.I had 9 months of being sick at my stomach when I was pregnant with my son.That was enough and that was in the 1970's. I rather have the runs to get it out .Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]