It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:33 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 7   [ 125 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Terrorism Industrial Complex
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:51 pm 

Sounds like you wrote a rap song...
Well maybe, but I am sure there is an element of truth somewhere in #1.
#2 is satire exaggeration.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:54 pm 

That first video was a riot :lol: Thats exactly how I envision who was really running that administration. Gary, did you ever see the doc Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup. If not better do it soon before someone bans it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:11 pm 

I've seen it (thanks)-
I'm a big Alex Jones fan.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:46 pm 

This topic has generated five pages; hence I lost track of the “root” of the discussion. I went back to page one to check it out: U.S. considers ‘Native Canadian groups’ as possible terror threats: embassy cables. The first sentence within the link states, “The U.S. has been keeping regular intelligence on potential security threats in Canada, including the activities of unnamed First Nations groups.” This led me to recall something I gleaned on page five of the discussion which led me to check out Alex Jones which in turn led me to this article: http://www.infowars.com/false-flag-attack/. If you do take the time to click on this link note the phrase “he understood that Indians would be blamed when whites preyed upon whites.” Catch my drift (maybe I just need to drift off to sleep)?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:09 pm 

As I call it was a Boston Lodge dressed up like Indians who threw tea into the harbor.
The story is that the more things change, the more they remain the same.
A Yankee Sheridan and Grant probably propunded false flag, which was even part of the Gunpowder plot
against King James, so it goes back a long way in history.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:51 pm 

"Domestically, their surveillance power is being hyped for everything from fighting crime to monitoring hurricanes or spawning salmon. Meanwhile, concerns are cropping up about privacy, ethics and safety."

http://www.propublica.org/article/every ... out-drones

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:10 pm 

"The Posse Comitatus Act was designed to limit federal military involvement in local law enforcement activity. While the Act is still nominally intact, it is increasingly bypassed through militarization of local police. Militarization is exemplified by arming domestic drones and conducting military exercises in major U.S. cities, including nighttime maneuvers above Miami and Los Angeles, and daytime tank training on the streets of St. Louis. Even small-town Peñitas, TX receives Pentagon weaponry."

http://mediaroots.org/militarizing-poli ... issent.php

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:02 pm 

Hmm, THEY don't even know:

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/0 ... /?src=recg

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:26 pm 

Now we have Texas (that we know of) entering the field with spy aircraft:

http://cironline.org/reports/amid-drone ... gn=twitter

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:36 pm 

Out of the mouth of babes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrHFB2KP8fc

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:20 pm 

This is a long but scary article from the Washington Post:

"Top U.S. intelligence officials gathered in the White House Situation Room in March to debate a controversial proposal. Counterterrorism officials wanted to create a government dragnet, sweeping up millions of records about U.S. citizens—even people suspected of no crime.

"Counterterrorism officials wanted to create a government dragnet, sweeping up millions of records about U.S. citizens-even people suspected of no crime.

"Not everyone was on board. "This is a sea change in the way that the government interacts with the general public," Mary Ellen Callahan, chief privacy officer of the Department of Homeland Security, argued in the meeting, according to people familiar with the discussions."

A week later, the attorney general signed the changes into effect."
http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB1 ... ttop_email

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:55 pm 

The era of private conversations on city buses — and even on San Francisco’s iconic streetcars — may be coming to an end.

Government officials are quietly installing sophisticated audio surveillance systems on public buses across the country to eavesdrop on passengers, according to documents obtained by The Daily. Plans to implement the technology are under way in cities from San Francisco to Hartford, Conn., and Eugene, Ore., to Columbus, Ohio.

Linked to video cameras already in wide use, the microphones will offer a formidable new tool for security and law enforcement. With the new systems, experts say, transit officials can effectively send an invisible police officer to transcribe the individual conversations of every passenger riding on a public bus.

But the deployment of the technology on buses raises urgent questions about the boundaries of legally protected privacy in public spaces, experts say, as transit officials — and perhaps law enforcement agencies given access to the systems — seem positioned to monitor audio communications without search warrants or court supervision.

“This is very shocking,” said Anita Allen, a privacy law expert at the University of Pennsylvania. “It’s a little beyond what we’re accustomed to. The adding of the audio seems more sensitive.”

In San Francisco, for example, transit officials recently approved a $5.9 million contract to install a new audio-enabled surveillance system on 357 buses and trolley cars over four years, with an option for 613 more vehicles. The contract, signed in July, specifies both modern buses and historic trolley cars.

A spokesman for the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency, Paul Rose, declined to comment on the surveillance program. But procurement documents explain the agency’s rationale.

“The purpose of this project is to replace the existing video surveillance systems in SFMTA’s fleet of revenue vehicles with a reliable and technologically advanced system to increase passenger safety and improve reliability and maintainability of the system,” officials wrote in contract documents.

In San Francisco, the Department of Homeland Security is funding the entire cost with a grant. Elsewhere, the federal government is also providing some financial support. Officials in Concord, N.C., for example, used part of a $1.2 million economic stimulus grant to install a combined audio and video surveillance system on public transit vehicles, records show.

The Lane Transit District in Eugene, Ore.; the Bay Area Transportation Authority in Traverse City, Mich.; the Central Ohio Transit Authority in Columbus; CT Transit in Hartford; and Athens Transit in Athens, Ga., have also been pursuing similar systems, documents show. The Maryland Transit Administration, which serves Baltimore, announced a bus recording system last month. The agency started recording audio on 10 public buses, with plans to expand the system to 340 more. Each bus uses six cameras. A recorder stores 30 days of data, the Baltimore Sun reported.

Some transit officials say the systems merely provide a useful way to resolve complaints from passengers. “From my standpoint, the use of audio is a lifesaver for the drivers,” said Joel Gardner, executive director of Ozark Regional Transit in Arkansas. “We can review audio and negate these false accusations.”

But surveillance technology experts say the audio systems can easily be used for other purposes.

“Given the resolution claims, it would be trivial to couple this system to something like facial or auditory recognition systems to allow identification of travelers,” said Ashkan Soltani, an independent security consultant asked by The Daily to review the specs of an audio surveillance system marketed to transit agencies. “This technology is sadly indicative of a trend in increased surveillance by commercial and law enforcement entities, under the guise of improved safety.”

Searching for audio surveillance gear, some transit officials make clear their desire for fly-on-the-wall powers. In Eugene, Ore., for example, transit officials demanded microphones capable of distilling clear conversations from the background noise of other voices, wind, traffic, windshields wipers and engines. Requesting a minimum of five audio channels spread across each bus, they added, “each audio channel shall be paired with one or more camera images and recorded synchronously with the video for simultaneous playback.”

Numerous private companies are seeking to gain a foothold in the market for customized audio systems in public buses. Safety Vision, a company based in Houston, offers the RoadRecorder 7000, the hub of a high-definition video system built to store 128 gigabytes of data collected from 12 cameras, each with its own embedded microphone. DTI Group, an Australian company scheduled to exhibit its wares at the 2014 American Public Transit Association Expo, promotes its specialty as the ability to merge audio recordings with video and tracking data.

While video surveillance has become ubiquitous, taken for granted everywhere from retail stores to public streets, experts say the courts have generally applied stricter standards to monitoring verbal communications.

In Maryland, where officials openly described audio surveillance as a tool of law enforcement, officials have enacted their system over significant resistance. The local transit agency took the first step in 2009, asking the state attorney general whether an audio recording system would violate wiretapping laws.

For the next three years, the transit agency pursued legislation to authorize the audio surveillance. Civil liberties groups testified that the system would violate wiretapping laws and basic constitutional protections against unlawful search and seizure.

“An audio device on an MTA vehicle will pick up all passenger conversations, whether uttered softly or shouted,” Melissa Goemann, legislative director of the state chapter of the ACLU, said in written testimony at a committee hearing in March.

Though a legislative committee rejected the bill, the transit agency proceeded with its plan. In an advisory letter, the state attorney general’s office told the agency that signs warning passengers of the surveillance would help the system withstand a court challenge.

Privacy law experts said the audio surveillance systems alone mark a significant advance in surveillance. But connected to existing data from ticketing machines, global positioning systems, speech recognition software and face recognition software, the microphones raise intriguing new possibilities.

“It’s one thing to post cops, it’s quite another to say we will have police officers in every seat next to you, listening to everything you say,” said Neil Richards, a professor at Washington University School of Law. With the microphones, he said, “you have a policeman in every seat with a photographic memory who can spit back everything that was said.”

http://www.thedaily.com/article/2012/12 ... veillance/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:50 pm 

U.S. Terrorism Agency to Tap a Vast Database of Citizens

"Top U.S. intelligence officials gathered in the White House Situation Room in March to debate a controversial proposal. Counterterrorism officials wanted to create a government dragnet, sweeping up millions of records about U.S. citizens—even people suspected of no crime."

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB1 ... ttop_email

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:08 pm 

Maybe we can't do much to undermine authority at times, however New York has ruled we have the right to "flip off" cops for now. I am tempted to try this little maneuver in Iowa and see, just for the hell of it, if they will arrest me, and then I would challenge them of my legal right to tell cops in my own language how I feel about their unethical and military style treatment of worthy citizens (I had a confrontation with these jerks in July and was treated like a criminal when I was acting totally within my rights; I should have taken that loser cop to court for his mistreatment of me along with flipping him off: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01 ... rrest?lite

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:45 pm 

Quote:
"For remember, we live in a world where the architects of the financial crisis regularly dine at the White House—and where even those brought to 'justice' never even have to admit any wrongdoing, let alone be labeled felons. In that world, the question this government needs to answer is why it was so necessary that Aaron Swartz be labeled a felon." Lawrence Lessig
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Swartz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaPni5O2YyI

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 am 

This article blew my mind, the buffalo soldier at work:

MEDIA ROOTS — "Obama's Chief Counterterrorism Advisor, or, as Jeremy Scahill puts it, "for all practical purposes, President Obama’s hit man or assassination czar," John Brennan has been exposed by the declassification of a 30-page document, wherein he's asked about drone strikes and targeted killings in the US.

Brennan did not rule out the possibility, and, indeed, began to lay the groundwork for setting legal language precedent and codification of targeted assassinations of US citizens. And, as Scahill points out, there is little to no push-back from Congress when Brennan's responses approach the absurd."

http://mediaroots.org/john-brennan-does ... ricans.php

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:12 pm 

Hau mitakuye.

Interesting analysis of the current drone status...especialy the comment of CIA running drones in 'U.S' airspace....you cannot be SERIOUS!
One thing that always struck this one(thermlin)as paradoxical in the whole issue of declaring the republic of lakotah(as a separate geographic and political entity) was that for the scheme to be successful in the analogue world,intrusion by the CIA of lakotah land would be almost inevitable.
Whilst the republic(virtual/digital/web-based,what have you)that this forum is part of carries this prospect inherent within itself .

Miakuye Oyasin

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:58 pm 

Quote:
One thing that always struck this one(thermlin)as paradoxical in the whole issue of declaring the republic of lakotah(as a separate geographic and political entity) was that for the scheme to be successful in the analogue world,intrusion by the CIA of lakotah land would be almost inevitable.

Maybe that's why they sent the helicoptors on May 1, 2010....a precursor of an invasion by drones. I wouldn't put it past them; they may feel threatened that the ROL may actually become a separate nation, totally independent from the united states.
Maybe all the corn in just about everything I eat has gotten me thinking a little crazy :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:24 pm 

that's amaizeing!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:43 am 

Thermlin wrote:
Interesting analysis of the current drone status...especialy the comment of CIA running drones in 'U.S' airspace....you cannot be SERIOUS!
Thermlin, do you really think that the drones flying out of ND are there just for use as border control? I would be greatly surprised if they are not already encroaching on Dakota rez lands as they are here:
http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2012/10/t ... ecret.html

And no, I am not kidding. I have posted pictures of small drones, some describe as cute, that police departments are using under Homeland Security grants. Up to this point 11,000 drone applications have been accepted and issued. This week they are small BBQ sized, next week Predator sized full with armaments.

Look at the 112th Congress. With all the stalemate and both sides not being able to agree on much of anything look at what they did agree on with an overwhelming majority: #1: NCLB (No Child Left Behind). #2: NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act). #3: TPA (The Patriot Act). #4: I do not know the name of the act but it is the whistle blowers legislation that allows anyone to be held indefinitely for leaking information about gross negligence, criminal fraud, theft or flat out lying such as was done during Vietnam with the Pentagon Papers Papers. This includes reporters and editors who write and then have printed any such articles. "Indefinite" is to be described by the US Military. You have the buffalo soldier not prosecuting war crimes against the Bush, Cheney administration eta all. Then the buffalo soldier proceeds to use drones to kill "terrorist" in other countries sovereign territory (kill one create 10 more). So why would he or any future president not authorize drone strikes in citizens of the US?
Thermlin wrote:
Whilst the republic(virtual/digital/web-based,what have you)that this forum is part of carries this prospect inherent within itself .
There you have it.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 7   [ 125 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next