It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:57 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 116 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Keystone XL tar sands pipeline
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:44 pm 

i guess some people have a desperate need for natural gas and/or money, that is sign to shift into another way of thinking to me, maybe we will sooner than later

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:24 pm 

Some have no choice, they just take the land...sounds all too familiar, huh?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 pm 

All of us need to answer every time they pull this crap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DZj6zv- ... ploademail

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:50 am 

Hey -

Thanks for sending a message to the Senate. We have just a matter of hours to stop this disaster in the making, and every message counts. That's why it's great that you've signed on, and also why it's important to reach out to your personal networks to spread the word.

Efforts like this only really gain momentum if everyone who gets involved shares the call to action with their friends, family and social networks. Can you take a moment to share the petition, if you haven't already?

Share with your friends on Facebook

Tweet your followers on Twitter

Also, if you're willing to help out with other time-sensitive online actions between now and the vote in the Senate, click here to join our Team #noKXL social media team.

You can also simply send an email to your friends. I wrote up a quick note that you can use to spread the word below:

Friends-

Right now, the Senate is considering legislation that would resurrect the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. President Obama rejected this toxic disaster-in-the-making last month, and now Big Oil's representatives in Congress are trying to force its approval.

It looks like a deal might be coming together in the next 24 hours. I've just joined a huge effort to blitz the Senate with messages opposing Keystone XL - the entire environmental movement is coming together to send over 500,000 messages to Congress in under 24 hours. Can you join me?

The place to go to send a message is here: act.350.org/sign/kxl/

If you haven't heard of Keystone XL or don't know about the tar sands, here's the short summary: Keystone XL is a proposed 1700 mile pipeline connecting the Alberta tar sands with refineries on the Gulf Coast. The tar sands are North America's largest pool of carbon, and NASA's top scientist James Hansen says that exploiting them means 'essentially game over' for the climate. Keystone will ship tar sands oil across critical water supplies and sensitive ecosystems just so it can be exported to foreign markets from refineries in Texas. The job benefits are way overstated, and overall it is just a scam designed to line Big Oil's pockets at our own expense.

Thanks a bunch.

Every signature every time counts every time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:16 pm 

2-17-2012 House passes Keystone bill.Senate action uncertain.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:48 pm 

Jennifer, the following was in my inbox this morning. Slowly but surely the pols, at least on the left, are getting the message. There is no way that anything will be signed into law until after the election. But if we are not vigilant and active now, in 2013 the gas and oil corporations will roll right over us. To me this is a fight or die situation. How much more can the Earth take before it flicks us off?

Friends--

It's only February, but 2012 is already looking like a historic year for our movement.

Over the course of 24 hours on Monday and Tuesday, the climate movement sent 802,120 messages to the Senate to demand that they reject the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. We started our blitz with a goal of sending 500,000 messages in 24 hours. We beat that goal in just under 7 hours. Together we did something extraordinary.

Here's a photo of all of your messages being marched into Congress on Tuesday:

Here’s where we stand: at the beginning of last week our opponents were confident and a Senate vote on Keystone XL seemed inevitable. Now, 800,000 messages later, Sen. Chuck Schumer - one of the most powerful Democrats in the Senate - has pledged to work to against the pipeline, President Obama has promised to veto any transportation bill that includes Keystone XL, and a vote on the project is likely to be delayed another week and a half.

Of course, the action wasn't all online. 350 organizers delivered petition signatures to Senators in North Carolina, Ohio, Maine, New Mexico and Colorado - and more deliveries are in the works. In New York, 350 organizers banded together for a rapid action that impressed Senator Schumer into working publicly to stop the pipeline.

With the vote delayed we now have a golden opportunity to keep our momentum going. Many Senators are still sitting on the fence about Keystone - we need to make sure that they know how powerful this movement is, and that there will be consequences to approving this dirty pipeline.

After we hit our goal, activists poured in 6000 calls to the Senate about Keystone to help stiffen the spines of wavering Senators. Your continued calls make sure that our message penetrates Senate offices as they make up their mind about how to vote - can you take a moment to call your Senators now?

Click here for contact information for your Senators and to make a call.

Thank you for being a part of this constantly impressive movement,

--Duncan

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:53 pm 

Jennifer:
http://www.350.org/

I guess I'm a terrorist now :D :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:46 am 

All Americans need to be what they so call a "terrorist" and maybe something will get done and stop all this corruption.I keep hoping and praying that one day we will win all these battles.Yeah, you are a terrorist, because you are terrorizing their plans.LOL Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:20 am 

I thought this link might be helpful for the People.

I know Mr. Means is very well-versed in the constitution as is this young man who has helped many people in their struggles against major corporations and damage to the environment.

http://activism101.ning.com/profiles/bl ... ironmental

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:55 pm 

“I’m just an angry steward of the land,” Crawford said. “A foreign-owned, for-profit, nonpermitted pipeline has taken a Texan’s land. Doesn’t sound right, does it?”

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-energ ... -backlash/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:44 am 

I often wonder looking back if much of this did not start with the coming of the railroads which led to extreme riches=megacorps=the bankers...

Kudos to Crawford; it is my passionate hope she is victorious--for all of us!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:32 pm 

http://www.towardfreedom.com Native Wisdom Guides Movement to Close Keystone Pipeline Route....(in the web roundup box) The Oglala Sioux Tribe's rally on Feb.11,2012 against the Keystone XL Pipeline.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:51 pm 

mollydee wrote:
I often wonder looking back if much of this did not start with the coming of the railroads which led to extreme riches=megacorps=the bankers...

Molly I've been thinking about this and I think it was when the first european invaders stepped upon this land. They were, after all, either here for the crown or the corporation or christianity.

From Black Hawk, Sauk

"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:28 pm 

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2 ... ump-prices

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:28 pm 

Black Hawk was right- look at the treaties and if you have a mortgage or a deed look at those words.(bunch of mumbo,jumbo to me). If you look at the http://www.towardsfreedom website today you might not see the Oglala protesting the Keystone.Put (Sioux Keystone) in the search box.It should come up.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:39 pm 

Sad news, my friends...

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02/21 ... nd-in.html

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02/21 ... nd-in.html

I wonder whether Chief Black Hawk's ever thought these meaningful words would last beyond the day they were spoken. Truly, these words describe the greed that is bent on destruction of our water, air and soil in the quest for "energy."

What about the energy of the hummingbird, the sprouting seed,the flow of a stream?

I guess if it isn't spendable, it's just not valuable.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:20 pm 

Only the dollar amount is their bottom line.By them drilling all these oil wells they are draining mother earth dry and then they put water back in the earth.How stupid is that? It's like running a car with no oil and using water instead.How long is that car going to run? That is what is making all these earthquakes.Mother Earth now has little oil to make her run smoothly.Her bones are rubbing together and her joints are popping and cracking when she moves.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:40 am 

Craig wrote:
Only the dollar amount is their bottom line.By them drilling all these oil wells they are draining mother earth dry and then they put water back in the earth.How stupid is that? It's like running a car with no oil and using water instead.How long is that car going to run? That is what is making all these earthquakes.Mother Earth now has little oil to make her run smoothly.Her bones are rubbing together and her joints are popping and cracking when she moves.Jennifer

Jennifer, this is not drilling it is rape. If you haven't watched this, you should:
http://vimeo.com/27902739

On the right hand side is the video "Save the Delaware" that you should also look at. Fracking affects many members here. They are doing it in over 30 states.

Both movements have joined hands to fight this abortion, this affront to Creator.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:25 am 

good site about fracking

http://ohiofracktion.wordpress.com/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:14 pm 

"Five Lakotas on Pine Ridge Indian land in South Dakota were arrested Monday after attempting to block two tarsands pipeline trucks from entering their land. According to the Lakota activist the six-hour standoff started when the trucks refused to turn around claiming they had “corporate rights that supersede any other law.”

http://colorlines.com/archives/2012/03/ ... ndoff.html

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 116 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next