It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:16 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Greetings
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:20 am 

Hau Mitakuypi na mita cola!Omaka teca iyuskin yelo!
Congratulations to all members!
Let Wankan Tanka give to you good pats and strong medicine!Let Tunkasila give to you winsdom when you take a decision and pawer to fulfil it!
Let your spirit never fall on the earth! Let this year wil be good for leksi Russel!
Ivan Yellow wolf.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Greetings
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:36 am 

pila ivan .... may your year be a good one also .....
a bit of info tho .... the L/D/N nation of old had winter counts .... and since this site provides many facts about assimulation and the such .... our new year actually will not begin until the time when the geese/ducks come back. just thought that would be a interesting fact about the L/D/N nation .... toksa ake

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:00 am 

Hello, everybody! I’m sorry for advance for my English. I don’t now it at all, but my first post my friend helped me to write. Later I will write with the help of on-line translator and hope you’ll understand me. Sorry again.
My name is Natalia, I’m from Siberia (Russia), my city called Krasnoyarsk. Here flows river Enisey (Black Water). For a long time I communicate with many people who likes your ethnie and learn your language Lakota. They try very hard to restore traditions and holidays of different tribes. Recently I’ve found this web-site, but can't resolve to write here. I don’t know people of Lakota and don’t know do you want to communicate for a long time with Russians.
But I don’t want to keep silence now. Accidentally I met a person from Europe. This man came to share experiences, he taught something. He often visited America.
I approached to him and asked:
- Do you know what is the attitude of the Americans to the Republic of Lakota now? Or most Americans are not interested in this topic?
He answered:
- Nowadays the Republic of Lakota don’t exist in America. And never before. Indians are not too. They disappeared in the country.
I asked again:
- So who calls you «wasicu»?
He turned away from me. Maybe I offended him…
I want to ask you. Do native Americans have an opportunity to declare its existence more often? Not only when they visit politicians of different countries? Can they communicate with people and demonstrate their culture not only in USA?
Government of the USA doesn’t give information to the world about native people of their country. Hinders their development. Do you have opportunities to visit places where you will be glad to see more often? Then not two or three thousands people but almost everyone will know about how do you live. And nobody will not say “They disappeared in the country”. Amount of people who have an opportunity to help you will increase.
Of course, this site collects a lot of visitors, but not enough I think. I know there are a lot of people here, in Krasnoyarsk, who wants you to visit us. I know that someone of Lakota people lives in Russia now. What do you think about it?
The letter maybe isn’t completely suitable to greeting topic, but I don’t know where it could be wholly appropriate.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:42 am 

Thank you for your letter.I worked with people from Russia and the Soviet Union in 2006.They were students from Moscow,Ukraine and Tajikstan.I got to be friends with them and my husband and I invited them to our home for a meal. This may not be my place to write about this since I am not Lakota.I am Indian and white though.Ever since America started people have wanted to get rid of the Indians.They took our lands in the name of greed for their own purposes.They have always wanted Indians to go away.The Indians have been pushed around and pushed down.Many Americans do not care about the Indians.But we Indians are survivors and we are not going to let our culture go away.If you have read anything that ndnhorseman (our mediator)says,he stresses for us that it is very important to keep our language and heritage alive.I am learning my language and my culture.My family got disappeared in the country(disappeared into the white culture) and I am just now learning about them.Since I know about my Indian family now I will never let it go away.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:45 pm 

Probably, there is much danger of extinction culture of the indigenous population of northern America. Thus has no meaning, you Lakota or not. In the first letter, I wrote, that in Russia came live someone from Lakota. Perhaps, there are desire and from other resguardos? We will not against. Come live with us. Together we will reinstate culture of indigenous Americans. Do n't take my words strange. At the time of war in 20 century many people had left from Russia. But, above all they have remained Russians. They were able to sustain itself in other countries. I am sorry that it was not immediately answer to the letters. Text translate slowly.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:43 am 

I don't mean to sound facitious, Nataliya and respect you for your generous invite but perhaps a better solution would be for all us white folks to go to Russia, Germany, England, France, or wherever we came from.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:21 pm 

Lilac,I am white,too.It is not that the white people need to leave to go back where they came from.I wished everyone had got along at the start.It upset the Indians because white people came in like a herd of cattle destroying the land and everyone in their path acting like they owned everything.Not all white people were like that.Some wanted to come to America to have peace,no taxes, no jails,and freedom of worship and some also got along with the Indians.If everyone that had come to America that were good and descent people.(But that would have been impossible scenario)I don't think there would have been all the problems, now. The government then, had it's hand in stirring up turmoil between white and Indians and not honoring the treaties. Now it is the government at all levels that are still causing the problems as it is now in causing turmoil in all of America.Most white people don't even know what is going on in the Indian world and I am guilty of this myself until I found out about my heritage.It changed me on the inside when I found out I was on the other side.It has made me stand up for myself and others.It has made me want to stand up for the wrongs in this world.It also made me feel at peace because I had always felt something was missing I couldn't explain.I felt like the Creator gave me a present.Thanks for the invitation to Russia,Nataliya.....Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:54 pm 

I want to believe that not all of my race were like that. Although many did not actively participate in the dehumanization and outright slaughter of the American Indian they did however know that it was occurring and choose to turn a blind eye. I believe alot of this still occurs today. So many people of all races choose to bombard themselves with all kinds of distractions to keep them from the truth of themselves and those around them. I certainly did not in my reply attempt in any way shape or form to belittle the invitation; but rather to emphasize that the American Indians should stay in the land that the Creator intended for them. I apologize if I came across as rude. I think it's wonderful that someone from as far away as Russia takes interest and is gracious enough to offer to share their land (even though I don't know how the Russian government would look at it). Peace

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:08 pm 

Lilac,I didn't take it as rude.You seem to be a good person.I also appreciate the invitation from someone of another country.People do turn a blind eye to what has happened to the Indians and also they have turned a blind eye to other issues in America.I think that is one of the the reasons why we are in such a mess today.I am an easy person to get along with.I want us to be friends.Lately, I have just been speaking my mind.I hope I didn't come across as being blunt.Thanks for your e-mail the other day.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:38 am 

Jennifer I am with you fully agreed. Thank you for their support.
Lilac. With regard to, Russian Government, it will not be against it.To our Government there is one problem. Our Government lazy. For the registration documents, our Government will need Jolt, as the tree with apples. Because they boring work with documents. But this is easy. Medved a totem Russia, only He lazy animal. And love sleep, Especially in winter. :D :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:52 am 

It is interesting to note that everything written think those living on republic lakotan?

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]