Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 61 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: SB 1867
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:49 pm 

Toys made to torment us.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:35 pm 

Sorry I have been very busy with far to many irons in the fire since the middle of Dcember. Usually winter is my down time of the year and I spend more time on the computer. This year just is not enough time in the day to make all of the WWW rounds I used to.
All I can really add with the way legislation is going both at the Federal level and ILLinois state level is the entire country is being turned into a reservation with a few elite rulers. At the state level............
I am on Face book if any of my friends here want to talk more often, mike hammack and I am the one with a tractor pic. in IL. I read here but there is alot to read sometimes when I check in and often find it best to remain silent here than to speak.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:40 am 

Well,we have missed you, anyway. Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:37 pm 

Thank you :)
So much has happened in my little piece of the world over the last year. Many of my white families elders have passed away and has placed me and few others in the position of being very young leaders within the family. It seems not so long ago that I was a child and now find myself being asked for guidance and mediator. I have also met more of my Red family and have found that both Red and white sides can get along so long as there is respect for the differences. When a Red Woman and a White woman can go into the kitchen and learn from each other and share woman things and find friendship where once there was a barrier, I believe a good thing has happened. Neither lost anything and both gained something. I speak of my two mothers one who makes a kick ass fry bread and one who makes a killer chocolate cake and together are going to make me a very fat son. My little store and ranch grew a lot this year and takes more of my time. It has been a good year one that I never thought to see in my lifetime. One white family member lost caused me sadness, my 95 year old Grandfather he never saw me as savage tainted or no better than any other red nigger. As even the Man who adopted me as a child did. Most of those who hated anything other than white have died off and the younger cousins and family members are not so polarized and filled with hate as the last generation was. My Granfather always was as simple man with a strong connection to the Earth he did good by everyone if he could and even apologized to Old Fool (Uncle Thomas) for all of the suffering his white race had caused the first nations of people and gave Uncle Thomas a bag of arrow heads and other small artifacts Granpa had collected over the years. Ahhh what a sight when two old men and two 60s years old women can find friendship and common ground and respect each other. The many scars I carry from my adoptive father are as nothing today when once they were anger, sadness and rage.
The lesson of this last year has been a simple one even if it does have many faces.
Take only what is given freely and with a good heart, know that you can't change the past but the future is yours to mold into a better tommorrow and that so long as you always give back atleast as much as you take you will be blessed with good things.
My scars.......They just remind me where I have been and that it is not someplace to return to.
Again thank you for missing me it brings a smile to know that another thought of me while I was away :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:47 pm 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... z1mav8uaxQ Harvard scientists unleash the robot bees. Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:44 pm 

Hi StormsRider, good to hear from you again. I visited your website(can't remember where I stumbled upon it). Impressive! You certainly have many projects going. I don't know how you do it all. Nice photos as well. Wela'lin.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:52 pm 

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your message. Lots to do, but I'm hanging in there. Taking it a day at a time, otherwise I would be overwhelmed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:01 pm 

Jennifer, thanks for the link. My opening page is MSN and I saw it there but didn't click on it. And StormsRider I don't mean to jack your thread but as the wars wind down more and more of this military technology is coming home (or being developed for the next war) and is being used against us. All of this crap because of 17 people with box cutters. Such a lame excuse to impose 1984.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:10 am 

Stormsrider, I did grow up eating fry bread but my grandmother called it hoe cake.She made it with flour,buttermilk and a little bit of shortening mixed together,pat it together and fried in hot oil in an iron skillet.We would eat it with jelly or syrup.I cook mine also that way except I don't eat jelly or syrup,now.Are yours made that way?I have eaten fry bread recently in restaurants and my homemade ones taste different.My grandmother also used to make fry cornbread.I make them,too.You mix cornmeal in a little bit of water,spoon the mixture into the skillet and fry individual ones in hot oil.If you put a little bit of water it makes thick cornbread but if you make the mixture a little soupy it fries thin and crispy ones.It sure is good with dried beans and onions.I miss my grandmother's cooking.She was the best cook in the world.Jennifer

Last edited by Craig on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:03 pm 

around here cornmeai batter dropped in hot grease and fried is called hush puppies, i bet some robot bee honey would be out of this world but i generally eat them with ketchup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:11 pm 

Oh, shutup,I eat hushpuppies, too. and with ketchup.LOL Hushpuppies are a little different than this.They are made with eggs,milk,onions and cornmeal.You are trying to aggravate me,stinker.Where have you been lately? Answer your e-mail,dodohead.How do I get a picture on this blog?You probably won't answer me since I am calling you names!LOL Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:19 pm 

well i aint going to argue with you about the dodohead business cause i dont know how to put the picture up and i barely know what a blog is, i am luckey i got what pictures i did up, i will study up on it, i finally found some robot bee honey and put on some authentic simulated toast,i cant wait to try it on some sinthetic cornbread yrrrrmm :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:01 pm 

Maybe the robot honey with the synthetic cornbread won't break your teeth,It sounds good to eat, though. Jennifer

Last edited by Craig on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:35 pm 

We are all probably eating synthetic cornbread.95% of corn is hybrid and 5% is heirloom. It doesn't take much for corn to be GMO since it is wind pollinated and there is hardly any pure,anymore.Our sacred corn is the most abused of all of the plants.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:28 pm 

"The guidelines will lengthen to five years — from 180 days — the amount of time the center can retain private information about Americans when there is no suspicion that they are tied to terrorism, intelligence officials said. The guidelines are also expected to result in the center making more copies of entire databases and “data mining them” using complex algorithms to search for patterns that could indicate a threat."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/us/po ... r=1&emc=na

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:29 am 

From the comments:

"Hello folks, are we still the shining city on the hill or the city surrounded by razor barbwire?

Our constitution, our most sacred document as a country is meaningless!

We have lost most of our civil liberties through the passage of the Patriot Act and National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) and the new National Defense Resources Preparedness Act (NDRP)! They have authorized the use of spy drones in American skies! You can be surveilled by any number of Federal agencies, have your phone and computer tapped, bank, medical, and private records accessed! You can be arrested without gaining access to an attorney or a trial. We are molested at the airports or radiated for “security”. And just recently added National Defense Resources Preparedness (NDRP) which comes on the heels of NDAA. This Executive Order allows the government to take pretty much whatever it wants including crops, farm equipment, vehicles, boats, aircraft and fuel to “prepare” for the national defense. This includes making people work for free. You think I’m kidding about the free labor? Here’s a line straight from the EO that says, “. . . to employ persons of outstanding experience and ability without compensation. . .” This is authorized even in peace time!

NYPD’s aggressive street policing program, called “stop-and-frisk,” which predominantly targets low-income minority neighborhoods. In 2011, the program stopped and searched more than 500,000 New Yorkers, 85 percent of them black or Latino. This program is moving to a city near you!

We have created another cartel the “Prison Industrial Complex”! We have outsourced our incarceration of United States citizens which consists of over 6 million prisoners! This exceeds the number of prisoners held in the gulags of the former Soviet Union at any point in history! All objectivity of prison reform has flown out the window in exchange for profits! No prisoners no profits! Are there prison lobbyists? You bet and loaded with cash compliments of you and me!

How did we let it get to this point!"

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... r-offenses

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:45 am 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/us/po ... r=1&emc=na

lostspirit
this link seems to be broken,but this one(thermlin)senses a growing dis-satisfaction with the prevailing government policy of 'technological overkill' being pushed so vigorously.To advocate such extreme and repressive measures in the name of 'defence /freedom',seems to be counterproductive towards producing a healthy, stable culture/civilization,and must surely be one of the new battle grounds of the electronic frontier.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:20 pm 

Hau Thermlin,

Interesting that I can still get a much reduced article on MSN but find that your NY Times link is broken. The MSN link was a story about the The supreme court allowing strip searching for minor offenses whether charged or not, including tickets. Much later I got an e-mail alert from the NY Times with the same story. Since the Times is now limiting me to 10 articles a month I did click on it.

I sent this out in an e-mail. I'm wondering if you can get it. It seems the UK wants to be just like us:

"It is not focusing on terrorists or on criminals," Conservative lawmaker David Davis told the BBC. "It is absolutely everybody."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46919777/ns ... -security/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:07 am 

Thermlin,

Here is what's left of the story on MSN"

"WASHINGTON -- Siding with security needs over privacy rights, the Supreme Court ruled Monday that jailers may subject people arrested for minor offenses to invasive strip searches.

By a 5-4 vote, the court rejected a challenge from a New Jersey man who argued it's unconstitutional to force everyone to strip down for inspection. Albert Florence was arrested by a state trooper because of an error in the state's records that mistakenly said he was wanted on an outstanding warrant for an unpaid fine. Even if the warrant had been valid, failure to pay a fine is not a crime in New Jersey.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Florence was held for a week in two different jails before the charges were dropped. But at each jail, he was required to shower with delousing soap and undergo a strip search.

Advertise | AdChoicesFlorence's lawyers argued such searches are unconstitutional unless police have reason to believe the subject is carrying a weapon or drugs.

But the court's majority said it's difficult for jail officials to know who's dangerous and who isn't among the 13 million prisoners they process each year because criminal records are often not available at the time of intake. The majority opinion was written by Justice Anthony Kennedy.

The court also noted that Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber, was initially arrested for not having a license plate on his car and that one of the 9/11 terrorists was stopped and ticketed for speeding just two days before hijacking Flight 93. "People detained for minor offenses can turn out to be the most devious and dangerous criminals," the court said."

I am sure that there are more sites now have this story but I haven't run across one of them yet. You can now be stopped for a broken taillight or failure to have your driver's license and be stripped searched. I'm sure glad this is the land of the free!! :cry:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:06 pm 

Hau mitakuye.

Lostspirit,thanks for re-posting the gist of the article .Interested to note the 13 million figure. It would seem the 'Prison Industrial Complex' manufactures criminals!With an estimated population of 250 million,the U.S.could be completely criminalised within twenty years.
And yes, the case of Mr.Florence is unlikely to cause more than a ripple,because,like nearly all of us,if you ever saw the movie 'Brazil' ,he's a Tuttle/Buttle.
Other link worked fine.Scary,isn't it.

Tokse ake

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 61 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next