It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:56 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: Cherokee Sequoyah
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:02 pm 

.Sequoyah at 14 saw his parents and 3 sisters killed by US soldiers in his front yard while he and other Cherokee boys stood watched over their village of Sogwiligigagei N,C.on top of the mountain.His whole village was being destroyed.The women and children were running to the river to get away in the canoes.The fighting men and women were being killed.The soldiers plundered the dried meats and destroyed the vegetables and fruits in their garden.While the people watched their homes burn,the soldiers began their work of collecting Cherokee scalps and private parts,throwing them in handmade Cherokee baskets and putting some of the women's breasts in their pockets.The children screamed and the women sang their magic protection song for they knew they would be killed or be put into slavery.By the time Sequoyah and the guards got down from the mountain they found no one in the village alive.They gave an eagle distress call for help but help never arrived.Then the boys went to find the soldiers that had their people but couldn't get close enough to them to help them to escape.Then they went to Dragging Canoe's village near Chattanooga Tennessee.Volunteers of Dragging Canoe went to bury the dead in the village of Sogwiligigagei.The village was never rebuilt and Sequoyah went to live at Dragging Canoe's Chicamaugan village. Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Cherokee Sequoyah
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:37 am 

i was told bt a Cherokee who has passed Hawk Littlejohn, when DeSoto and his men came thru now Asheville area, people came from miles to see these strange people with metal helmets and blunderbusts now known as muskets were in that timeframe, so Cherokee people put up a big platform for De Soto to get on so people coming could get a good look, De Soto thought he was being made king or something and started getting all cocky demanding food, so people would bring him possums because they did not want him to leave so everyone around could see them, Hawk said that is why is it cronicled by DeSoto that these people eat what looks like dogs with no hair on their tails,

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:57 am 

What are you talking about,possums are good to eat lol Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:28 am 

yea, but they are pretty much the last thing on the menu and i aint eating one unless it has been put up and fed corn or something for about a week

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 am 

talking about Sequoyah and that terrible time, that would have been when the Revolution started, one of the schools i went to is called Battleground, where my Germanic ancestors went to killing each other over going with the British or not, the Cherokee supposedly went with the British and this Gen. Rutherford and anti British men went and burned Cherokee towns, i personally think it was a concerted British and British agent operation, they are slicker than owl shit, and we are walking into the same damn senerio right now with Ron Paul and all the bullshit getting thrown around, self sufficient technology is the prize in all this bullshit , plain and simple
Squirrelly Bear

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:40 pm 

Pahanna, you are right. It was around the time of the Revolution.We need to have another Revolution.I am tired of our rights being taken away from us left and right.We are Indians living on the Rez of America and I'm poor too.I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:20 am 

know what ya mean Jennifer, i am running on lean, like Jerry Garcia said "what a long strange trip it has been" i used to help a Cherokee herbalist name Chief Two Trees, he was from Oklahoma, i have been studying herbalism for 20 years or so, there is a Dr on 1510AM radio Nashville,Tenn, on every nite 9-12PM, Dr Asa Andrew, he reminds me of Chief, Dr Asa is from around Chattanuga

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:40 am 

Wado,Pahanna.I listened to it last night.Pretty interesting.The Dr. is good.I will be listening to it from now on.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:35 pm 

well damn Jennifer, you are one of the few who listen to me LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:50 am 

Craig wrote:
What are you talking about,possums are good to eat lol Jennifer

Háu! i agree possums are tasty. I actual ate one some days back, fortunately for me. My dog sniffs them out during the night and will eat at least one and every now and then leave one on the deck for me.

Personally, i prefer making a possum chili. Similar to texas chili as i have eaten with some of those deep southerners and ..... well let's just say that if something needs to be learned about cooking. Learn from the Lakota or southwesterners.

Tókša akhé :geek:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:08 pm 

i heard some bad news on the Nashville 1510 AM radio Sunday night, Dan Rathernot reported a possum died of a massive heart attack after seeing his shadow in the headlights of a Cadilac, the good news is they are selling these pills that will cure anything, thet are called Actifedupwithitall, i forgot to mention the host played some Woodie Guthry and other good tunes to make us feel better about the possums passing

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:25 pm 

Hey, watch it, I am deep southerner.LOL I have eaten some possum and oyster stew.It was good.Possum is a little chewy to me,though.Have y'all eaten any raccoon.I have eaten that,too.Grill some onions and bell pepper in a skillet.Put a baby raccoon( all cleaned) in a crock pot with potatoes and carrots along with the onions and bell pepper.Season to taste and you have a meal.The raccoon taste like a roast.(That's a Georgia redneck meal.LOL) Pahanna, you need to meet my mother.She likes telling jokes,too.My mother is a funny lady and she makes you laugh. Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]