It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:30 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: Can the indigenous across Earth stop westernization?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:28 pm 

When I make this post I am being very sincere in that I believe there is no way to stop western values and cultural epithets from conquering the globe. The western way of life is too efficient, too luxurious for those who benefit, and too glorified to thoroughly be stopped. How exactly can other groups of people hope to stop this civilization? Even more ancient and cultured civilizations such as China and India have traded their peaceful and stable cultures for that of western progress. I see more and more indigenous and brown kids of all creeds adopting westernism. How exactly can Native Americans and other indigenous groups hope to combat this? Again, this is a sincere question from the heart; I don't know if there is a great deal people can do. What do others believe about this situation?

I am by no means advocating for adopting western culture and values. I just want to some realistic opinions on the subject at hand.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Can the indigenous across Earth stop westernization?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:07 am 

Eloisa's topic of the song Lotta Love by Neil Young.Love is the only way it will be stopped.Love of mankind to stop the greediness.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:10 pm 

i think Jennifer pegged it in the holistic reality, what i see is people not being in reality and the reality is what Walt said, i told a retired Methodist minister that people should recognize the power of the Roman way, he got mad and said what about the forests they wrecked. I have heard that the day Jesus was born the Roman Emporor made a decree to tax the whole world. My point in this mish mash i have said to this point, is that Rome created thru force a climate to create technology and this technology is the magnet that has drawn all people to it, many times by force utiizing the technology that was the most modern in that era, and we know it continues on today. A Yankton man told me that his grandmother told him to keep what is good of the whiteman and throw away the rest. Time to sort thru the stuff seems to me. The issue is that that people generally think that a new invention is around the corner that will save the world, it is time for restructuring it seems to me. I have tried to promote passive solar housing for several years now and i will keep at it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:42 pm 

Hau Mitakuye
Yes.
If this answer seems too abrupt,this one(thermlin),observes merely that the
'indigenous native' has been fighting this tide for the last 400 odd years and will ,in all probability, continue to do so into the forseeable future.
If nothing else,'he' has shown remarkable
resilience.Even now,the nations flourish.
How can they do otherwise?
Toksa Ake

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:34 am 

Hau Mitakuyepi,
This is realy very anxious problem.The global world-understand the white man warld and his comsumers view of life is unfortunetly very catching and tempting,therefore he cut the roots of traditional way of life.This story reiterate for the time of Rome undrr the motto separete and rule over.In this days the big corporations who dominate the world encourage this process because they become more and more profits.THAY GREEDY IS ENDLESS!
The only way to resist at this proces is to keep the traditions,keep the conections with the mother earth with the nature,to keep the sacred hoop,to keep the winsdom of the elders,to keep the good red way.This problem must become conscions from all indigenous people,from all honest people in the world and may be with common efforts they can stop westernization.
MITAKUYE OYSIN!
Toksa ake.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:37 am 

Thermlin wrote:
Hau Mitakuye
Yes.
If this answer seems too abrupt,this one(thermlin),observes merely that the
'indigenous native' has been fighting this tide for the last 400 odd years and will ,in all probability, continue to do so into the forseeable future.
If nothing else,'he' has shown remarkable
resilience.Even now,the nations flourish.
How can they do otherwise?
Toksa Ake

However true this may be, many indigenous in the Americas are abandoning their lands and merging into the dominant society. Furthermore, many other groups which espoused to traditional values are abandoning those values. Make no mistake, I don't disagree with all the principals of western society, but the western model of life is so tremendously inefficient. A life based on consumption and no introspection is not worth living at all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:32 am 

my opinion is forget the western psycobabble and focus on the self sufficient technology and making them in a way that dont harm the air, land and water, co-operation is key not financial institutes, love can be incentive

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 am 

Hey Pahanna I finally decided on buying that land near my son and I called the man about it and wouldn't you know he had a showing on the land the day before and the person bought it. My son couldn't believed it sold then because he said it had been for sale for 4 years.I guess it was not meant for me.I am still looking.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:13 pm 

pahanna wrote:
my opinion is forget the western psycobabble and focus on the self sufficient technology and making them in a way that dont harm the air, land and water, co-operation is key not financial institutes, love can be incentive

While I am in agreement with this, love is not a more powerful incentive than greed. Love is something which must be taught, and to teach something people must be responsible. The only incentive in which I can think of that is more powerful than greed is curiosity.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:05 pm 

hey Jennifer, i was talking to guy i grew up with that tracked his Cherokee heritage, he said that the settlers here mixed with the Cherokee and Catawba. He showed me some history written where one of my Germanic ancestors was friends with Attacullaculla, he used to come down here on the Tuckaseegee Trail that goes to the coast, it is written he told my ancestor and another Germanic that about 200 years before he was born many warriors were killed fighting some people that were 7 feet tall, it said he told them the number there about by counting leaves he picked off the ground because they had different languages. There was/is a big mound and he would add rock to it when he came down here from around Cherokee which is 175mi. or so from here.There is wall of cut stone that they called the Spanish wall. It s only a mile from where i am and i have gone over there looking. There was a big flood back in 1916 so it might be covered up. They said there was a well with cut stone lining it. It said they thought it might have been DeSoto .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:42 pm 

Whoa! That is interesting.Our ancestors were friends.If Attacullaculla would have met the 7 ft. warriors.He would have looked like a midget to them.He was only 5ft.tall.I've got a picture of him.My g-grandfather looks like him.There's a picture of Attacullaculla online at the Indians in the Trustees of Georgia by Donald Panther Yates.Mr. Yates and I are distant cousins through Blackfox's daughter.His mother, my mother and my grandparents were born on Sand Mtn. in Ala.His website is where I found my family.He has done a lot of work that's in the Cherokee NC Museum. Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:31 pm 

the man here who showed me the written history said that He was not tall, he said he was also called Little Carpenter because he was a good wood worker, on this history that was written he was called Big Carpenter maybe meaning he was a very good wood worker

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]