It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:48 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: ndnhorseman,Can I make a suggestion?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:46 pm 

Can I make a suggestion that might help the Lakotas on the Pine Ridge with their food and their health? I am not trying to step on anyone's toes.I just want to help.You could get donations up and have a weekly run somewhere to get fresh vegetables ,fruits and herbs for everyone.The ones that can afford to pay, let them pay and the ones that can't afford the food let them have it for free.Take orders from the people before going to pick up the food.People can pick up their order at the community center. At the community center let volunteers separate and bag the food. Take it to the elderly or the sick that can't pick it up.Or you could build a community greenhouse since you don't have a long summers and good dirt? Get everyone involved that wants to help.Have raised beds inside of it with good dirt to grow the food.I make my raised beds with cement blocks.Cement blocks generate heat as the temperatures go down. I add a new bed each year in my garden.They are easier to deal with, the older I get. Would that work or do you already have something like that? Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ndnhorseman,Can I make a suggestion?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:52 am 

i believe there are a few that are from or have family on Pine Ridge... I myself , my family is from Cheyenne River... so my resources are sent to that reservation. There are many organizations that send much needed help to PR. If you would like to help, send your donations to the schools on the reservation of your choice.... the teachers there will be more then happy to make sure that your donations get distributed to those who need it most. school supplies... toiletries.... and the such are in great need. Just a suggerstion.... there are those here on this forum that live on various reservations....so they may have more information to share.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:21 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OctY8Wv6BGk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:53 pm 

ndnhorseman, I will send a donation to help.That is one of the things we are on this Earth for is to help people.You were saying some people learn online the Lakota way of living.That is sad.I have looked online of the Lakota commandments.It is no different then the way I was raised.I grew up with good values.I grew up in a spiritual home.It has been with me all of my life.I am thankful of that.I don't believe in stealing or killing or lying. That is why I ask the Creator every day to show me the truth on things.I take people as they are and I believe they are telling me the truth and I take them for their word.My father has told me just because you are honest, don't mean everyone else is.I know that it is getting harder and harder to believe in people.I have woken up to the way this world is.My husband has helped me to see things. I was told to love and respect your elders and others.As I get older I see people not respecting the elderly and that hurts me to see that.It will be a time(not so far away) that I will be elderly and I can't do for myself.That is why I try to keep myself healthy plus we cannot do the Creator's work if we are sick. Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 am 

Jennifer... if all the good people would step up....things would be different. As indian people we need to step up quickly .... to many have accepted dominant societies ways of thinking and acting. This is the reason i stress language, culture, and tradition .... it keeps the nations alive and healthy. all this mix and match and pan indian ways has helped introduce more assimulation into all nations. we were given language and ways to seperate us from others...to give us individuality. you are right...we can't help our people heal unless we have been healed ourselves.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:13 am 

i am only going to ask this once ndn horseman who are your relatives and where do you come from?

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]