It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 78 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why, why , why........
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:45 pm 

Those who want to study the plight of Indians who suffer from drug abuse and alcoholism need go no further from hiddenfromhistory.org in Canada or whitebison.org to view movies about boarding schools which show how this trauma passes down from generation to generation. It shows Priests and nuns who kill, rape or otherwise murder children, and I have one video from a Tribal Elder which shows a therapist who speaks about a client, sexually abused from the age of 3 to 17 by a priest every week, paying her in candy or pennies. Brought into the room by a nun, she is assaulted.
The churches won't release student records and it has been discovered that the Mohawks in Ontario Canada have found remains of bones which relate to deaths as high as 30,000. And this is just one group.
Imagine if all boarding schools had excavations around the old grounds?
This makes Hitler's version of genocide look like a tea party.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:54 pm 

Gary, shed some light on what? Anyone who begins a post with, 'Let me shed some light on this', is always suspect and questionable. I feel that you are all over the place with this post. What is your point?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:57 pm 

people are wondering why they should be criticized for being white and living like an Indian.
It is ok to be spiritual without having to attract criticism is my point..sorry If I seem all over the place..
maybe too many things going on at once. :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:00 pm 

Gary, now you start out by saying, 'Those who want to study the plight of Indians....hmmmmm. Who do you think you are addressing here?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:06 pm 

moving on to the boarding schools..go to whitebison.org and watch the video and you can see why it is a plight...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:28 pm 

This plight problem is in reference to another link put up which talks about the traumatic state of Indians today and one writer quoting someone accusing an individual of alcoholism, so that is why I listed whitebison.org and hiddenfromhistory.org as sites for investigation.
It goes into the psychology of the situation.
thanks. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:43 pm 

Gary,Take a deep breath, back up a little, and start over again. You are speaking to Native Brothers and Sisters here on this forum. Please have a little respect for our culture and knowledge. I only speak from a kind heart, but I have a real problem with those who feel they have the right to tell us about what we already know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:33 am 

hi
my apologies..I live in Hong Kong and have been out of touch for 35 years (in China and Taiwan also)...
There was a link someone put near my comment that said something about "alcoholic Indians" and I found that part a bit disturbing and it upsetting that someone would say that without knowing why people turn to chemicals or external substances to deaden pain, mostly emotional.
So I mentioned the project at whitebison.org and what I know at hiddenfromhistory.org in Canada as well as a video I have on boarding schools particularly Mt Pleasant in Michigan from a tribal elder.
It seems that things like alcohol or abuse is generational or passes from one generation to another due to trauma (according to them).
Sorry...I would never never mean to offend someone, and sometimes when writing on line, it is more difficult as we aren't face to face
so I humbly submit to you my apologies (again).
I have a background in Social Science, herbal medicine, and Bach flower therapy, so I am only looking from the perspective I know.
Happy to chat live about it, and if there is anything I missed or do not understand, then I need a teacher or someone to guide me also.
Thanks.
Gp

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:36 am 

One more thing, bringing up what you already know has been a recent discovery for me, as in the video at Mt. Pleasant, the Indian boarding school had a cornerstone laid by Freemasons. I have been a Mason for 30 years and hence or as a result, stopped paying dues to them.
It was an emotional decision for me, but I had to draw the line in the sand over it-
again if I brought up something people already know about, due to my absence from the US, I didn't know till this month and it is still bothering me (very much).
Regards,
gp

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:08 am 

docgary1956 wrote:
hi
my apologies..I live in Hong Kong and have been out of touch for 35 years (in China and Taiwan also)...
There was a link someone put near my comment that said something about "alcoholic Indians" and I found that part a bit disturbing and it upsetting that someone would say that without knowing why people turn to chemicals or external substances to deaden pain, mostly emotional.
So I mentioned the project at whitebison.org and what I know at hiddenfromhistory.org in Canada as well as a video I have on boarding schools particularly Mt Pleasant in Michigan from a tribal elder.
It seems that things like alcohol or abuse is generational or passes from one generation to another due to trauma (according to them).
Sorry...I would never never mean to offend someone, and sometimes when writing on line, it is more difficult as we aren't face to face
so I humbly submit to you my apologies (again).
I have a background in Social Science, herbal medicine, and Bach flower therapy, so I am only looking from the perspective I know.
Happy to chat live about it, and if there is anything I missed or do not understand, then I need a teacher or someone to guide me also.
Thanks.
Gp

Those of us who Chose to self medicate did so to bury some real hurt and pain, rather than to deal with the issues affecting our hearts and minds. IT is a choice many of us have made at one time or another in our lives. There are those of us who made the choice to stop. This is an individual choice, one that no man or woman can make for us. I quit, I walked away from everyone who I knew and started fresh. I havd no rehab, only fishing. To bring these issues of substance abuse into the open is a good thing. It makes a person think about where and what direction their life is heading. I chose to try to become a somewhat productive member of society. Even though I disdain this civilization and society, I am doing what I must to make a place for my grandson.

This statement means you are working on becoming a whole human, not a partial one. "so I am only looking from the perspective I know." When we look at ourselfs as the way others see us, as well as us looking from within ourselves, we can begin to appreciate even some of the bad things that happen to us. For all events in our lives, be they good or bad, are teaching us.

windrider wrote:
Flip, SR, and Pahanna: To all of you who are Builders, Carpenters, Construction Workers, and Craftsmen: a shout out to you, whether you are pounding nails, trying to find the right wood, gently teasing wood to specific measurements that will fit, or climbing ladders to trim trees. To those who have been injured, I honor you. It's about time that we recognize our men for their accomplishments.

I tried pounding nails once. I kept pounding the wrong nails. :roll: My injury was my own fault. They dont call it dope for a reason. Some stoned hippie forgot to tie the ladder off. A hard lesson to learn. Flip was meant to walk on the ground,, flying did not work out too well. The flight was great, but the landing kinda sucked :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:23 am 

Wish I could be there to walk with you, my brother. I am sure I could learn a lot from the experience. I plan to be back in a couple of years. I am sure things aren't the same. Thanks! :geek:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:47 pm 

Gary, I owe you a sincere apology. I didn't mean to jump on you. There has been one person on this forum recently, specifically European, who came here thinking they know everything; trying to educate Natives through their belief system, religion, or just plain New Age BS. No offense taken. If you have a sincere heart, are willing to keep an open mind, and share what we have to offer as well, welcome Brother.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:14 pm 

Dear Windrider,
I may not be "all Indian" but do have some extended Cherokee cousins (I'm only 1/32nd documented)...maybe more depending upon truth/untruth of the rumor on another family side (unable to find out due to the Trail of Tears; many Cherokees hid in the mountains and didn't register)...
And I am involved (beginner) in an Okini project (One spirit) at nativeprogress.org
so I am doing my best to demonstrate sincerity.

My big problem is that I am homesick and cannot now live again in Wasicu community, having been with the Chinese just under half of the 35 years I have been away (17 years)...

Happy to be here anyway..apologies warmly accepted-though I owe just as much to you for not clarifying myself.

Any comments on all the above, I am sure glad to read.
Regards,
Gary

Last edited by docgary1956 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:35 pm 

i went to hidden from history.org and honestly it made me want to take a drink, i like what a Cherokee elder told me one time "i am not about the past, i am about the future" that is why i came here to this forum,to build a future, my childhood friend, who is part Cherokee became a preacher/minister which is well and good i suppose, but i cant handle the scene, they let a 18 yr. old get up at the podium one Sunday when i decided to go there,and he went to banging on the podium telling everybody how much he hated the devil and they were amening about it and my nerves started getting bad from all that hollaring, my mama's words to me was "be nice" his mama wasnt a religous nut either, i think she was just glad he became a preacher rather than out drinking and raising hell, his wife's brother was killed driving drunk, i am pahanna, i did take a stone that i somehow kept for 20 years, to the Hopi, after praying for a sign and opening the door on my trailer and seeing a big shooting star going from the east to the west, in spring of 94 i went with it and when i got there they got scared and they got me scared, all i got for them is this low cost building system, other than that i guess it is all in the Creators hands and the Ancestors that guide our way, i dont know all my bloodlines, i do know i have many, hell, i might be kin to Jesus if you are aware of the hidden history where he did not die after the torture but left from there to the Germanic-Franco tribes untill the Roman Catholic made their way in around 1000AD, all i know is i had a vision when i was 19 about 6 months before Russell Means and Dennis Banks made a stand at Wounded Knee, th Preamble of the Constitution ran thru my mind like a tape and i was told to stay away from drugs, i was charged with energy of a power i have not known before or since, we got to rally around self sufficient technology, that is as free as we can be , it seems to me, the minister who buried my dad said my vision sounded like drugs to him and i told him maybe he dont know the spirit world, he did some time for embezelment later on we all got our lessons to learn, if anyone trys to turn this around read the last part of Johns vision, speaking truth as i know it, a Earth Man and thanks for the honoring Windrider sweetie,Ron Paul For President

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:46 pm 

Well I tend to agree..I think that site at hidden from history was created as the defrocked Priest has a bone to pick with the clergy...
GP

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:17 pm 

i think from what little i know about it, Kevin Anette is a activist on that issue up there in Canada and is facing some persecution over it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:26 pm 

I saw his lengthy movie on the topic..true-the governments should pay restitution. One church is closing in Alaska near a 'reservation' due to scandals....(not trying to pick on Priests-I have a cert. in theology, but this situation is embarrassing to them and a tragedy for the rest of us).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:35 pm 

Pahanna, you weren't wearing a head covering which resembles a toad, or the red cloak? 1994, comet Shuemaker-Levy 9. Named after a cobbler who only made nine pairs of shoes....who the heck is Levy, his business partner? At least you got a building system out of the deal.

Last edited by windrider on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:36 pm 

you got to read between the lines , there are some crazy people out there and believing all kinds of things that have been taught as truth when they are not

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:39 pm 

The video that hurt the most in my eyes was Mt. Pleasant boarding school..a corner stone laid by Free masons..and my inability to keep paying them dues due to this fact.they will never understand...such is the way of the New world order.
Then I find that the one child policy in China was funded by the US as an experiment so they could try it on us. Eugenicists never change-whether it be Indian Health services sterilization or just plain killing and genocide.
One nation, under God?
Makes me wonder.
gp

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 78 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next