It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Hoke hey ? To die no more, but to WIN !
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:49 am 

Wali like other Indigenous Cultures and Peoples around the world many of us understand this war is being waged at an academic level as well for control of what the american wasicu puts in his HIStory books... it may not seem like progress is being made but i am here to tell you i am amongst the first of a new wave of Native Peoples on this continent with a post secondary education and more importantly... DECOLONIZED. For Native Peoples and Nations its as simple and as complicated as that... decolonize or be fully assimilated by the american boat People because Indigenous Worldviews and american worldviews lead to diametrically opposed Lifeways.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:26 am 

storm... many talk about L.P..... and many are torn on the subject... altho I believe his incarceration was just a plan by the federal gov't to "dehumanize" AIM at the time, there are many other issues that arise since that time....

first, many do not know...even with all the info out there, that Peltire is not Lakota....2nd.... "My Life is My Sundance", his book .... if you ever read it and if you actually understand "Sundance".... a person goes to the tree willingly and without ever remorse. think about that for a second....enuff said

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:41 am 

Ndn horseman, out and out~ Corruption lies behind Leonards incarceration, ~ This,
we all ~ Know. The exact details, really, are neither here nor there. What of his lineage ! Lakota, Dakota, Cherokee, Apache, Navajo, Black foot, Comanche, Nez Perce , Iroquois ..... All NATIVE, all brave, beautiful, ~ Proud, Indian peoples, trampled underfoot like curs. At this point in time further distinction is irrelevant. I know " Sundance " well enough. no one is expected to remain lashed to the tree indefinitely. I have the greatest of respect for Leonard, yet in ~ No way, no matter how stoically he grits his teeth, would I attempt to condone a flagrant infringement of injustice against this man. Ndn horseman, enuff said, indeed, by your mere few words you would condemn us all. I say, CUT THE MAN FREE ! he has had ~ Enough, as have we ~ All, all of us, had it to the hilt ! Your choice is your own, Ndn, you may live by
whatever custom you so decree, but if its influence threatens the well being of the people then it has had its day. Sundance was devised in a completely different era, performed with an entirely different mindset, to serve values which were ~ Enriching, to the tribe. I will not see its significance used today to further abuse the freedom and rights of the native people. The one and only objective to which we all strive is the re - claiming of our Power, this we ~ Can, do, without the need for violence, loss of selfhood or liberty.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2