It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:06 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: Hi all!!.....Where are you?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:37 am 

Hey friends...where are you? Lostspirit, Gosthwarrior, Woodrow, Flip, Ndnhorseman, and many many others...Come on, let me hear your voices here again... :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hi all!!.....Where are you?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:36 am 

Been pretty dead here for a while, Normally I don't post much this time of year because of making hay, and all the other busy season stuff. 120 degree heat indexes though coerce me into the house and a fan or even the AC when I just can't take the heat anymore. Getting soft as I get older :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:49 am 

im still here.....sadly i only listen.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:50 pm 

Hello Eloisa,

Once there was a discussion going on here and someone wrote, "For those of you who say you are here to learn: Listen." I've been trying to listen. Its better than sticking your foot through the back of your head before inserting in stomach.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:12 am 

Hot summer here in Italy, too. We are escaping to Alpi to have a rest of a couple of weeks....
Pat, each one of us have a lot to learn ...and personally, I have learnt a lot from you.
We aren't at school anymore, so we are here to share our opinions....After all, this is a Republic...!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:13 pm 

Kwe, friends, I'm new to the forum, but have been a follower for the past year or more. I guess I need to go to the 'Introduce yourself' page. I enjoy reading all of the comments posted here. I am here to listen and read what everyone has to say, but it is also important to speak out for what we believe in. We may not always agree, but if we don't speak out, no one will do it for us. For those who choose to remain silent, is it due to a personal attack, or a comment that was made by someone else in haste and without forethought? It does happen. Can we come together with our thoughts and opinions, and agree to disagree sometimes, and still speak with respect? We have a voice; let's use it. We have a lot of good thoughts and ideas; let's share them together.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:14 am 

I will disagree with you on the matter of "personal attack".It is more like individuals being more experienced and on top of all having their "Lakotah" language and heritage still intact.This ,unfortunately is an issue many fail to understand.For example,their was an attacker here a while back who decided to simply start telling everybody the problems in the "REZ" along with the disguising himself as a woman in the background.To make matters worst this individual never set foot in Lakotah soil.I think the best solution is for "all of us" to come together and meet in the "REZ" before we can actually start voicing our opinions becuase it is easy to talk but another to walk.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:14 am 

most likely over half the members here are from europe .... but keep us informed Sant ... will most likely be headed back to Cheyenne River sometime this fall.... maybe i will see you there

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:44 am 

Hau mitakuye.
And welcome to the forums ,Windrider. Well spoken words shoe direction as the breeze on leaves.
Toksa Ake.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:48 pm 

To Sant, I understand, and agree with your comment about those who may appear to be/are a "soap box wannabe Lakotah". Wise words spoken. No one has the right to speak about conditions on any REZ, unless they have walked in the moccasins of the generations before them.

To Thermlin, Wela'lin for your welcome. I try to walk softly with the breezes; always learning along the way. If the wind kicks up, my mocs are tied on tight.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:06 pm 

:oops:
unintentional pun.(fat finger syndrome) .For shoe read show.Ah well,of what use arrogance without pomposity?
looking forward to reading further,if not booted.
(intentional that time,bit lame but there you go.Oh, how are the mighty fallen!)
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:43 pm 

Thermlin, What is really strange, is that I was able to make sense of your 'shoe' quote and posted a response. How funny is that?

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]