It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:42 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 75 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: More Shit !
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:23 am 

ndnhorseman wrote:
actually Wal .... it is not about blood quantum ... bear turned it into "who is indian" .... and using scientific methods .... DNA makes you an american indian .... but bear thinks its in your heart. As I satated earlier, I do not care if non indians follow Lakota ways .... or any other indian nations ways for that matter.... but that does not make them indian.... simple but true. i assume bearpaw has no recordable indian ancestory .... notice that word "assume" .... because it is a new age practice to say they are indian because thier heart is more full blooded then a full blood. That statement alone makes them sound silly. Isn't it funny how these people never say that they are "black", :hispanic" or "jewish" at heart.

Dear ndn horseman...being Indian is in ones spirit,like I said there are Indians and there are white eyes..You were not separated by the word Indian until Columbus named the Red human beings "Indian" labeling You...before that,all were just human beings..There was only one Great Spirit of human beings,regardless of the names given through the different languages and labeling by name..
.And Bearpaws mother Kwantee is a full blood eastern band Cherokee and His father Haudenosaunee(Onondaga)of the Six Nations.. he is also registered with both tribes,do you need see his "pedigree" papers.
As far as Scientific methods..what do you believe checking ones dna is,but a scientific method to prove ones pedigree.."a census"..of who and how many..The Indians use it for tribal registry..what do you think others uses it for..but numbering you..
A MAN IS ONLY,AS GOOD AS HIS WORD..MAKHPIYA LUTA ..for none are worth the paper, the name is printed on..Everything has come"" Full circle""..Do you know, what this means? There is no promised land left.."again"..Just as it was in the beginning..The Pharoahs(Fair Arrows) have risen..as they have many times for billions of years..And thank the Great Spirit of human beings.. that human sacrifice is not practiced in the way it use to be in the Mayan time-line..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:13 pm 

a holy government has no religion, only goodwill and sovernity for the people under the law of Nature and the technology to buffer the weakness of them compared to the other creatures of this planet

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:28 pm 

pahanna wrote:
a holy government has no religion, only goodwill and sovernity for the people under the law of Nature and the technology to buffer the weakness of them compared to the other creatures of this planet

Nicely said Pahanna and THANK YOU "for pointing this out", as we wish not to confuse people , by our words either,,,enough of that has been done already ...When we here say Great Spirit..we are not speaking of a god...we are speaking of spirit, as in terms like that of a team..People as a team, are a great force..One Great Spirit..And that was what the people were in the beginning of time..and could be again...However most of what is going on, people believe is based on religion, as that is what they have been led to believe..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:58 am 

i will stop here and only say this.... i was raised Lakota....in a traditional manner....the "one Creator" therory does not pertain to me..... as a Lakota ... i pray to the "4 directions"...."takuskanskan" .... and the "wakantanka kin".... as there is not only "one god" .... they are niether good nor bad .... but work together when ceremony is performed to ask for thier help. I speak my language and continue to learn more each day....i have been taught many songs, and sing them when the occasion is right .... i know my culture, as i am Lakota .... and this is what I do.... i help other Lakota that are mixed and full bloods learn what has been taught to me .... it is what strengthens our people and our nation .... maybe bearpaw should learn his/her language and culture and understand that it is time as indian nations we reclaim our heritage and forget about the influx of european and christian thought. hetcatu welo

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:50 pm 

ndnhorseman wrote:
i will stop here and only say this.... i was raised Lakota....in a traditional manner....the "one Creator" therory does not pertain to me..... as a Lakota ... i pray to the "4 directions"...."takuskanskan" .... and the "wakantanka kin".... as there is not only "one god" .... they are niether good nor bad .... but work together when ceremony is performed to ask for thier help. I speak my language and continue to learn more each day....i have been taught many songs, and sing them when the occasion is right .... i know my culture, as i am Lakota .... and this is what I do.... i help other Lakota that are mixed and full bloods learn what has been taught to me .... it is what strengthens our people and our nation .... maybe bearpaw should learn his/her language and culture and understand that it is time as indian nations we reclaim our heritage and forget about the influx of european and christian thought. hetcatu welo

you make a passionate argument,, and i agree that the inclusiveness of Lakota culture/ language is well learned,, and important,, it should be said ,, firstly,,, I have a major in sociology,, and a minor in native American studies,, i have researched "my" people to the extent of ad nauseous infection,, ... I know the facts,, I have generations that have have lived and died and are buried on the "Rez"......if you need to know this qualification...so I understand fully, the influx,, of "European" culture and influence,,,,, .. and how our people both love its influence and at the same time are dragged to the pits of degradation because of it... but this is the fact,,,, at this very moment,, as you read this.. you are using the energy supplied by a white owned company,,, and as you post and fight online .... you pay to the white man,,, HELLO!....WAKE UP!..
I know my culture,, i know the Tsa -la Gi- ,, the Haudenosaunee, .. i was raised on the Rez for years,, so you can eat that bullshit with a swig of wine fucker,,
"forget about the influx"?... are you living in the fucking dark?.. the European culture IS the reality...,, !.. its all about living in this realm but taking advantage,, being strong enough mentally to see beyond its trappings,, and rising ABOVE,, you ignorant FOOL!,, you are an example of the apathetic "look to the old " SUCKERS,, that are sinking ALL Native peoples.
Keeping our ideals is the easy part..! dont u see that!!!
Continuing our existence is the trick,, ... be a progressive,, not a limiter,, as you portray,, .. go ahead,, shut us off,,,, and we will die,, just as the white man wants us to..... na-a-weh-ska-a-no.. Keith

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:50 pm 

storm wrote:
Bearpaw wrote:
Dear Storm...Truth is.. worship what you wish children..But without life..there will be nothing...

A bridge(rainbow) is in acceptance of all there is,..You throw in the middle of that circle..a simple rock.. ,but a simple rock..

Grandmother, ( might I call you such ? ) I am in accord with you. What a tremendous treasure is a simple rock, we can cast them into water and consider the ripples, or hold them and receive their subtle energies, they can even heal us and impart their wisdom and strength. Stones have so very much to teach us, indeed we , all of us, subsist upon one gigantic spinning ~ Rock ~ She, who spins slowly upon her axis, gazing out into the cosmos which gave her form and essence.......... contributing her note to the grand symphony of her brothers and sisters .....

..What you wrote was quite beautiful,Storm..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:05 pm 

Bearpaw is it important to remember your past so that they know your future. Writing things like, "look to the old suckers” shows how far you have to go. It is of not doubt in my mind that the use of science and technology is centuries away for natives. It has hurt them, stripped them of their dignity, and robbed them off their culture. I have no doubt in my mind that it will take a few centuries to heal those wounds.

At the same time the part of dependency on the white man, I can not help but to agree with Bearpaw on this one. The dependency both of our people's have on the white man is both fatal and sickening. We will never become independent cultures so long as we depend on the white man for every morsel of human existence. I can not find a more demeaning and degrading way to exist than that which is dependence.

Ndn I see such ferocity and independence, which is a good thing. I assume that there is a plan to not only restore your culture but also to restore your populations. I have tirelessly advocated for certain things on this forum. However, I was greeted by silence at every which turn. I assumed that the silence meant that plans are under developed. I can only hope that silence does not mean that my suggestions are being ignored.

I actually respect Ndn's point of view. Restoration of culture is the ONLY way the indigenous will survive. However, ignoring threats outside of the Indian community would not be a wise decision either. Having foresight is an irrevocable tool in your quest towards independence. I can only hope that your wise elders use its powers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:36 pm 

pahanna wrote:
Bearpaw, from my study and interaction with native people on this continent, the Creek came up here from the Aztec culture, the Hopi and like in that area have a Mayan connection and maybe Chinese from way back, the Cherokee has a strong Hebrew commonality of similar words, and the so called Siouxian language base have similar Hebrew words but not similar with Cherokee in that the Cherokee word for bear is yonah and the Siouxion word for bear is mato which is spoken through the throat as ma-toe as taught to me by a Rosbud man several years ago, like my full blood eastern Cherokee brother says" what is the srongest part of a man/woman? their mind, i am a Earth person looking for a Holy Government, Flip, get real

I gave a book to a client of mine, a Jew, a former col in the Isreali army. A veteran of the Yom Kipper war. This book, about the Hopi, I can not remember the name of it, "Trail of the Hopi" I think it is, goes into detail on the Hopi creation story. Mort told me that their story is very similar to the one of the Jewish people. That is the story in the Tora, not the bible.
Watch the documentary called "Who Really Discovered America" on the history channel. The some in the eastern band of the Cherokee do believe in the Hebrew connection. Yet, the show paid for the DNA testing. The results? No "Pre-Columbian" Hebrew DNA. The Cherokee are the southern most nation of the Iroquis language group. I did not know the Iroquois think they are Hebrew.

There has always been an extensive trade network. Not just across Turtle Island, but across the whole world. The evidence? A nation living in coastal california with words, ocean going canoes and fish hooks remarkeably similar to the Polynesians.

A nation from the coast of Ecuador with pottery and pottery decorations, a type of inherited lymphomacommon to a southern island of Japan. Dating to around 3,000 years ago.

Toltec statues depicting Africans, Toltecs were dominate 3,000 years ago, about the time of the Minoans and Phonecians.

Headresses in Hawaii that resemble those worn by roman centurians.

A nation living in southern Chile, now extinct since around 1933, who were Austrailian Abrogional. With stories of the Rainbow Serpent and Dreamtime.

Mayan temple carvings depictiong Asian elephants. The Chinese king around 600ad, sent a fleet to explore the world. A monk brought back a detailed report describing the coast of southern california, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, and the temple complexes of central Mexico.

Mummified remains of people from Scandinavia found in western China. Some 5,000-6,000 years old.

The "Clovis" projectile point is nearly identical to the Salutrian point from France.

If we came from Asia why are no fluted points, either knapped on one side or bi-facially, of any kind found in Siberia? Every point found in Siberia, and asia, dating to the alleged "bering strait migration", are bone or wood with grooves carved in them. Flint or obsidian flakes were glued into the grooves.

Just because of an extensive trade network existed and an exchange of ideas, that does not mean or prove we came from Asia or anywhere else. When they did the DNA test, where they say man has one female ancestor from Africa, the study group is way too small to prove anything. Even if they had tested 1,000,000 people, that still is less than 1/10 of 1% of the worlds population. They only tested maybe 1,000 people,

There has always been a
Bearpaw wrote:
ndnhorseman wrote:

you make a passionate argument,, and i agree that the inclusiveness of Lakota culture/ language is well learned,, and important,, it should be said ,, firstly,,, I have a major in sociology,, and a minor in native American studies,, i have researched "my" people to the extent of ad nauseous infection,, ... I know the facts,, I have generations that have have lived and died and are buried on the "Rez"......if you need to know this qualification...so I understand fully, the influx,, of "European" culture and influence,,,,, .. and how our people both love its influence and at the same time are dragged to the pits of degradation because of it... but this is the fact,,,, at this very moment,, as you read this.. you are using the energy supplied by a white owned company,,, and as you post and fight online .... you pay to the white man,,, HELLO!....WAKE UP!..
I know my culture,, i know the Tsa -la Gi- ,, the Haudenosaunee, .. i was raised on the Rez for years,, so you can eat that bullshit with a swig of wine fucker,,
"forget about the influx"?... are you living in the fucking dark?.. the European culture IS the reality...,, !.. its all about living in this realm but taking advantage,, being strong enough mentally to see beyond its trappings,, and rising ABOVE,, you ignorant FOOL!,, you are an example of the apathetic "look to the old " SUCKERS,, that are sinking ALL Native peoples.
Keeping our ideals is the easy part..! dont u see that!!!
Continuing our existence is the trick,, ... be a progressive,, not a limiter,, as you portray,, .. go ahead,, shut us off,,,, and we will die,, just as the white man wants us to..... na-a-weh-ska-a-no.. Keith

After reading this quote, I said to myself, "Self, if some people disagree with the aims of this forum and the Republic of Lakotah, why dont they start their own forum? Instead of trying to change the direction the Lakotah are trying to move in? That way they can preach their own message to all of the new agers. " It is kind of like Comrad Obummer not believing the message thet jeramia wright preached, yet he sat in the same church for more than 20 years. Wright preached his message weekly for those 20 years. If you dont believe in something, why participate in it? Makes no sense to me.

". go ahead,, shut us off,,,, and we will die,, just as the white man wants us to..... na-a-weh-ska-a-no.. Keith" There are 2 dozen or so nations in Brazil with no prior contact. They are still very much alive as well as free.

"And that's what's neccarry to understand: Indian people need to become free again " From the banner of The Republic of Lakotah Forums

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:58 am 

Flip, it looks pretty clear to me that Russell Means and Republic Of Lakota is reaching out further than the Lakota people who by the way are generally not members of this nation in the sky. Back years ago i read a book written by a man who was given a grant by the king of England to determine if the tribes in the New World were lost tribes of Isreal. He lived with the Cherokee and the Chickasaw for 8 years in the early 1700's. He thought they were so called lost tribes by their prayers and oblations. If this true Flip, why were the Cherokee not recognized as lost tribe? In my mind, it was because it would have given the Cherokee more clout than some powers that be wanted. We live in a New Age, like it or not

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:51 am 

..Flip..Re:
After reading this quote, I said to myself, "Self, if some people disagree with the aims of this forum and the Republic of Lakotah, why dont they start their own forum? Instead of trying to change the direction the Lakotah are trying to move in? That way they can preach their own message to all of the new agers. " It is kind of like Comrad Obummer not believing the message thet jeramia wright preached, yet he sat in the same church for more than 20 years. Wright preached his message weekly for those 20 years. If you dont believe in something, why participate in it? Makes no sense to me.

". go ahead,, shut us off,,,, and we will die,, just as the white man wants us to..... na-a-weh-ska-a-no.. Keith" There are 2 dozen or so nations in Brazil with no prior contact. They are still very much alive as well as free.

"And that's what's neccarry to understand: Indian people need to become free again " From the banner of The Republic of Lakotah Forums

We here are not against The Republic of Lakotah...Russell is working hard for his community..And this is the general discussion part of the forum here..To know our culture and languages are important,for it is important to remember who we are and where we came from..However we need move forward, not backwards with our Knowledge gained...Being free is within a human being,not just exterior..
And there are many who stand under The Lakotah banner..that claim it by blood alone..Raping and murdering their women..This goes on everywhere in the world..The Hopi rock(was not meant about technology things,only choices human makes) it shows Human beings..if they follow the route in destruction of the mother(Earth&Human),what will happen...and to state that any should live under one banner ,you are mistaken.. the separation of banner is only separation of culture one chooses to live.. not the separation of human beings..Think on this Flip..If there was not some truth in something,it would never had been believed to begin with..Said to me by a very wise Sioux .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:36 am 

Wali..RE:Bearpaw is it important to remember your past so that they know your future. Writing things like, "look to the old suckers” shows how far you have to go. It is of not doubt in my mind that the use of science and technology is centuries away for natives. It has hurt them, stripped them of their dignity, and robbed them off their culture. I have no doubt in my mind that it will take a few centuries to heal those wounds.

Boy.. are you mistaken in what you have said here..First..If you do not live in the here&now ,you will not see the future..Science&technology is not centuries away from American Indians and neither has it stripped us of our dignity,nor stripped us of our cultures..it is the white eyes period and they exist in all bloodlines..And the object is to lick ones wounds and stand back up..not remain in a victim stance,pointing fingers at a lot of innocent human beings..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:30 pm 

Bearpaw, it is looking like a long uphill climb to the top of the mountain for the Republic of Lakota from what i am seeing at this point in time, common sense aint to common these days it seems to this 58 year planet dweller Peace

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:56 pm 

Bearpaw wrote:
Wali..RE:Bearpaw is it important to remember your past so that they know your future. Writing things like, "look to the old suckers” shows how far you have to go. It is of not doubt in my mind that the use of science and technology is centuries away for natives. It has hurt them, stripped them of their dignity, and robbed them off their culture. I have no doubt in my mind that it will take a few centuries to heal those wounds.

Boy.. are you mistaken in what you have said here..First..If you do not live in the here&now ,you will not see the future..Science&technology is not centuries away from American Indians and neither has it stripped us of our dignity,nor stripped us of our cultures..it is the white eyes period and they exist in all bloodlines..And the object is to lick ones wounds and stand back up..not remain in a victim stance,pointing fingers at a lot of innocent human beings..

You clearly do not have a grip on the indigenous perspective. I once came to this site with intentions like your self. I have preconceived notions of what natives should be, and what they should and should not do. I tirelessly argued for natives to conform to a certain way of life and that only "progress" could free them from their hurt and shame. Boy was I wrong. It took years, and I have been on this website more than once. I used to pester the poor old Lakota people and force feed them my hogwash and shit.

I think it was not until I got a life and realized that everyone has the right to make personal decisions that I was able to let this website be free. I sincerely do apologize for any grievances I caused when I was both younger and immature.

It was funny because over time they were not the ones who were converted but I was. I began to look at the world in a different way and I began to realize that all ways of life are sacred and precious, even the hated and feared ways of the white man. But I also understood that each culture had their place of dominion, including Native Americans. I stopped believing in the majority’s garbage about this being “their” land. This land has NEVER belonged to anyone other than the natives.

I admit my quest has always been to work with Natives for my personal objectives. But my personal objectives are noble at heart. I wish to give everyone a fair chance, I want everyone to have a healthy family, to live in a clean environment, and be able to express themselves without having to feel ashamed of whom they are.

It all stems back to when my father told me, “son you can’t do this because you are black, and they will lock your ass away forever.” It had a profound impact on me. Instead of cowering away and becoming scared, it made me angry, rebellious, and even hateful. Over the years I tried to think and contemplate of ways that not only the black man, but every disaffected group on this Earth could start to have some sort of voice.

Overtime my struggle evolved from involving just black people to involving the entire native world. My mother once told me something that I will never forget, and I will always stay true to this advice. She told me, “son, if all the brown people of the Earth work together, we not only get back our lands, but we would also get back our respect and dignity.”

I maybe a far shot or an outcast with in the indigenous community, but my intentions are no longer to convert but to help the natives liberate themselves the way they see fit. But I know my race can’t do it on its own and neither can any other. This is a struggle in common against one oppressive enemy that has to be put back in their place. I know some may not feel strongly about this or think that my analysis of the situation is wrong. I do not feel resent towards anyone harboring these opinions. I know that few people will understand and tolerate my ideals, so I will only work with the few.

But when it’s all said and done Bearpaw, your message of conformity, science, and technology is not one that people who have suffered for nearly 400 years because of it want to hear. It has brought their people nothing but hurt, shame, and the near annihilation of their culture way of life. They have nearly lost their entire identities because of this mess. The only way that they will regain their respect is to learn of their ancestors, their ways, and to take pride and refuge in their history.

Your intentions are noble but your ideals are flawed. I personally am tired of being treated like a second class citizen. The government just robbed my grandmother of her savings, they are eliminating public schooling so that the only way to go to school is to pay, and they feed us shitty food so that we can stay sick for ever and have ridiculous hospital bills. Education, healthcare, and the financial security are HUMAN RIGHTS!!! Not human privileges. Clean air and clean environments are the laws of nature, not the thorn in the ass of businesses.

The Lakotah are not victims, they are a proud people who are standing up and regaining their culture. I will do the same for my people and I will not only do that. Furthermore, I will use their desire to reconnect with their past as a motto for my own people. It’s time for us to reconnect with one another and what is around us. It is time for man to respect each other and nature. I’m done living like garbage and not being respected, and I’m done watching other’s live this way as well.

I hope whatever you wish to achieve you do, but the funny thing is if you stay here long enough you begin to realize that the Lakotah speak some truth.

In respect to my Lakotah brothers, their culture, and their way of life I say, “toksa ake”.

I can only hope I used this in the right context. :lol:

Sincerely,

Walli

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:58 pm 

Sorry for the huge post everyone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:48 pm 

WalLiDruDumA wrote:
Bearpaw wrote:

You clearly do not have a grip on the indigenous perspective. I once came to this site with intentions like your self. I have preconceived notions of what natives should be, and what they should and should not do. I tirelessly argued for natives to conform to a certain way of life and that only "progress" could free them from their hurt and shame. Boy was I wrong. It took years, and I have been on this website more than once. I used to pester the poor old Lakota people and force feed them my hogwash and shit.

I think it was not until I got a life and realized that everyone has the right to make personal decisions that I was able to let this website be free. I sincerely do apologize for any grievances I caused when I was both younger and immature.

It was funny because over time they were not the ones who were converted but I was. I began to look at the world in a different way and I began to realize that all ways of life are sacred and precious, even the hated and feared ways of the white man. But I also understood that each culture had their place of dominion, including Native Americans. I stopped believing in the majority’s garbage about this being “their” land. This land has NEVER belonged to anyone other than the natives.

I admit my quest has always been to work with Natives for my personal objectives. But my personal objectives are noble at heart. I wish to give everyone a fair chance, I want everyone to have a healthy family, to live in a clean environment, and be able to express themselves without having to feel ashamed of whom they are.

It all stems back to when my father told me, “son you can’t do this because you are black, and they will lock your ass away forever.” It had a profound impact on me. Instead of cowering away and becoming scared, it made me angry, rebellious, and even hateful. Over the years I tried to think and contemplate of ways that not only the black man, but every disaffected group on this Earth could start to have some sort of voice.

Overtime my struggle evolved from involving just black people to involving the entire native world. My mother once told me something that I will never forget, and I will always stay true to this advice. She told me, “son, if all the brown people of the Earth work together, we not only get back our lands, but we would also get back our respect and dignity.”

I maybe a far shot or an outcast with in the indigenous community, but my intentions are no longer to convert but to help the natives liberate themselves the way they see fit. But I know my race can’t do it on its own and neither can any other. This is a struggle in common against one oppressive enemy that has to be put back in their place. I know some may not feel strongly about this or think that my analysis of the situation is wrong. I do not feel resent towards anyone harboring these opinions. I know that few people will understand and tolerate my ideals, so I will only work with the few.

But when it’s all said and done Bearpaw, your message of conformity, science, and technology is not one that people who have suffered for nearly 400 years because of it want to hear. It has brought their people nothing but hurt, shame, and the near annihilation of their culture way of life. They have nearly lost their entire identities because of this mess. The only way that they will regain their respect is to learn of their ancestors, their ways, and to take pride and refuge in their history.

Your intentions are noble but your ideals are flawed. I personally am tired of being treated like a second class citizen. The government just robbed my grandmother of her savings, they are eliminating public schooling so that the only way to go to school is to pay, and they feed us shitty food so that we can stay sick for ever and have ridiculous hospital bills. Education, healthcare, and the financial security are HUMAN RIGHTS!!! Not human privileges. Clean air and clean environments are the laws of nature, not the thorn in the ass of businesses.

The Lakotah are not victims, they are a proud people who are standing up and regaining their culture. I will do the same for my people and I will not only do that. Furthermore, I will use their desire to reconnect with their past as a motto for my own people. It’s time for us to reconnect with one another and what is around us. It is time for man to respect each other and nature. I’m done living like garbage and not being respected, and I’m done watching other’s live this way as well.

I hope whatever you wish to achieve you do, but the funny thing is if you stay here long enough you begin to realize that the Lakotah speak some truth.

In respect to my Lakotah brothers, their culture, and their way of life I say, “toksa ake”.

I can only hope I used this in the right context. :lol:

Sincerely,

Walli

...Wali..READ THIS.."WE ARE AMERICAN INDIANS BY OUR BLOODLINE'..It has come apparent you read nothing we say..We American Indians were all wounded..but NOT and NEVER will be SHAMED of who we are..We need explain nothing more to you..And none need your protection here..The Lakotah can speak for themselves..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:21 pm 

Whatever man, I'm done, no matter what argument is made you will always twist it in a sick perversion of what it originally meant. Something I used to do on this site all the time as well. I won't even bother explaining to you what I meant, because that message was personal and from the heart. It was meant to reach out; instead you turned it into a message of disdain and pity. I'm officially done with your nonsense and tomfoolery. You'll learn either by hitting your head on a rock or by waking up with peace. I hope you have a safe journey in moronsville.

Walli

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:38 pm 

WalLiDruDumA wrote:
Whatever man, I'm done, no matter what argument is made you will always twist it in a sick perversion of what it originally meant. Something I used to do on this site all the time as well. I won't even bother explaining to you what I meant, because that message was personal and from the heart. It was meant to reach out; instead you turned it into a message of disdain and pity. I'm officially done with your nonsense and tomfoolery. You'll learn either by hitting your head on a rock or by waking up with peace. I hope you have a safe journey in moronsville.

Walli

Your words Walli to another on this forum.."The rest was for Mr. Bearpaw who impersonates a native"...Then you tell me I do not know American Indians perspectives..When it is who I am...Do you see those accusations as reaching out?..I don't..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:39 am 

Ndn, Your depth of feeling and adherence to the old ways is most merit worthy and, from your words, it is patently evident how your knowledge represents inestimable value to the Lakota people. If you do not wish to accept another under the label of " Indian, " due to lack of the required documentation, then you are fully entitled to your view, so long as, however, you ~ Do Not, attempt to deny the ~ Essence, of the ~ Spirit, Within that person, for such interpretation is within the jurisdiction of NO man's authority, to pronounce, Yea or Nay.

Wali , Quote : " I won't even bother explaining to you what I meant, because that message was personal and from the heart. "
Well I, for one, fully appreciate where you're coming from, Wali, as, indeed, I am certain will many others.
Quote : " Overtime my struggle evolved from involving just black people to involving the entire native world. My mother once told me something that I will never forget, and I will always stay true to this advice. She told me, “son, if all the brown people of the Earth work together, we not only get back our lands, but we would also get back our respect and dignity.”
Again, Wali, I am in accord with your intentions. I am of mixed blood, myself, light brown, and my objective in coming to these boards, was to stand ~ United, not only with the Lakota, but with ALL indigenous peoples, across the board. NOT, that I espouse that each seperate culture should be reduced to one contained homogeneous lump, to the contrary, I hold to the ideal that each should become all the more ~ Vivid, in the individual expression of their own unique and sacred qualities than ever before, that the rich gift of their tribal spirit, be re-newed and vivified, along with the expanded awareness of their Selfhood. Which begins ~ Now.....
Great wonders can only come forth of a full and varied spectrum, such as can be found within the magnificent arch of the rainbows rays, or a shell or crystal,.... or the wonderous intricate design within each gently drifting snow flake...... Nature's pallete is overflowing with variety ......

I have to say, I am strongly averse to the idea of so called technological progress, another word, to my mind, quite simply, for ~ Assault, upon Nature. The abuses that white man has dealt out continuously upon the people as well as the Earth and her resources, is self evident. There is absolutely~ Nothing, that technology and so - called scientific progress can provide, that a delicate little flower, a simple rock, or the resonant tone of a chant or a beaten drum cannot give to the environment, infinitely more harmoniously potent, than anything concoted in a lab.
It is ~ Precisely, WHEN, we ~ Divide, the Balanced and natural essence's within a plant, as, indeed, within a ~ Whole and Natural, human being, that disasterous problems occur....
I am not certain of Grandmother Bearpaws meaning, in respect of her regard toward science, nor wether she wishes for the distinct cultures to merge, or to relegate the past to mere historical interest. We, All of us, have come forth of our ~ Roots, we should never forget this, nor should we attempt to bury, that, which we have endured along the way with regret or shame. With this in mind and firmly under our belt, alongside our medicine pouch, and our totem strengthened through the fires of our trials. Let us step forth toward our destiny, ~ Proud, and Invincible in pursuit of our goals.

In these ALL IMPORTANT DAYS, more and more natives, across the Earth, are making headway toward re – emergence, as ~ free, autonoumous peoples. We can ~ Only, achieve this, however, through Love, Respect and Co-operation. Not through bitter argument, nor bad feelings toward one another.

Bearpaw is my Grandmother, Ndn, my Grandfather, Wali, flip, Avi , Dakod, Pahanna, Eloisa, my brothers and my sisters. For this IS how I see you. We are, all of us, in this ~ Together !
If we ~ Must, wrangle amongst ourselves, can we not, at least, recognise our kinship at the end of each day, before the sun dips below the ~ Beautiful Horizon, which we all of us strive, so desperately to reach,... in our own way. Or are we to continue to give the ~ Powers that be ~ Exactly, what they ~ WANT ! .... ?

If, we are to reclaim our sovereignty, to stand, as once we did, with our upturned faces, ~ Ashine with joy in blessing to the firmament.. Then, it is ~ Essential, above all else, to make ~ Peace amongst ourselves. Secondly we need to lay bare our wounds, so that they might be cleansed and purified, in readiness for what the future has to offer, rather than continue to live in denial, and thus in defeat of our aims. A man in denial is like a stagnating and filthy pond, feeding off its own detritus, giving birth to nothing but unwholesomeness, disease and failure. Why be stale waters, ( our brains are 84 per cent water and our bodies 75 percent ) when we can be fresh, sparkling, vibrant fountains of life ? Why be like unto a barren tree, its fruits, dried and withered whilst still in bud, when we can spread our verdant branches across the entire circumference of the Earth, laden with the succulent fruits of our wise and peaceful offerings ?

It is absolutely vital to ~ Exorcise, our deeply battered psyches of the unatural, and ~ False, reality, which has been so rudely forced upon our hearts and minds, that our own Indigenous Path has almost disappeared from view. Let us no longer simply observe the four directions, but, rather, let us offer up the very ~ Wings of our own Spirits, to the ~ Winds, so that they might course through our fractured feathers with their healing breathe, and bestow upon us the ~ Vision, the Wisdom and the ~ MIGHT, of a creature, Born of the Heights !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:32 am 

storm.... one last time.... i do not care if non indians follow Lakota or any other nations ways .... it is about respect .... if you understand the culture and traditions, then learn the language .... but in ALL reality, if you do not carry the DNA of a indian nation, then you can not claim to be indian....plain and simple. You can say I follow a specific nations ways and that would be a statement that is true. As for calling people that you have never met by a relative term .... that alone is a dangerous act. Why would you want to claim a close relationship to another person and "bond" yourself to them when you do not know thier moral fiber or how they are in actuallity? Altho you see many of the L/D/N people here call one another "cousin"....we realize that we do not know each other personally... we do recognize that we have a common denominator in "bloodline". If you believe that "you are indian at heart"... go to any L/D/N rez and tell them that and you believe you are related to them and see what happens .... i am certain you would be highly disappointed....toksa ake

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:03 am 

this subject of blood, blood quantums and who is more indian is a old argument that really should not involve anyone who does not carry one drop of Lakota or whichever nation is being discussed blood.

I hate to sound isolationist in this but it simply is none of your business, it our probleem and one way or another WE will solve it. That being said our ways which I am still learning or language which is a huge challenge for me, our culture are worthy of respect and preservation through use. However dressing up doing a mock sundance or proclaiming you understand and are one of us is not something worthy of respect. I do respect any person from any race that seeks to improve their own life and influence the lives of others by example. If that means adopting all or part of our spiritual ways (correctly) then so be it. I hope your oneness with the world is stronger.

We are all one species with several Sub species (races) that make up the one species. Those sub species are becoming less defined I and NdN are both proof of that. We had no choice of who our parents were but we were given life by the Great Mystery for a purpose. In my way of thinking though we are bound together by blood, whether it be 1/16 1/8 1/2 3/4 or full blood. We did not create the circumstances that have became the life paths we walk but the blood bond is something we hold much value and belief in, it is infact something sacred to each of us to different degrees. Even if we disagree on some or even many things we are still directly related by blood.

This nonsense that we are all natives is absolute bullshit other than the fact that we were all at one time natives to specific locations in the first times. That gets into following and ignoring or forgetting the sacred instructions given to each of the races.
So yes we are all natives but very different kinds of natives with very different instructions. If people would spend as much time finding their own sacred instructions instead of worrying about another races then they might find a level of contentment and lose the drive to be someone else.

The biggest problem in America is that everyone has screwed everyone else and the vast majority of people don't even know what breed of dog they are let alone what kind of culture they came from, which is why there really is no solid American culture just a bunch of pieced together people that look like a 20 jigsaw puzzles pounded together with a sledge hammer.
My answer is my solution find your own culture or pick one if you are a heinze 57 and practice it. I am half Lakota and Half Irish I have found a good and healthy balance between the two and lean more toward my Lakota roots but still have a great respect for my Irish roots. I just do not understand all of this nonsense of a owl trying to pretend it is a eagle and the eagle wanting to be a wolf. It just makes no sense.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 75 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next