It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:41 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 75 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: More Shit !
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:55 am 

I thought I would voice my piece. :| Having held my tongue, ‘til now, on the subject, I have felt deep sadness at the attitude of more than a few on these boards toward those who wish to become members here, I say * wish to become *, for though they were “officially “ members “, yet their intros were sadly never, even acknowledged, not even once. Now, along with tons of interesting posts, their neglected intros have disappeared altogether, and I doubt they will return here again. Really, there can be no excuse, for such cold disregard toward those who come here, simply, out of respect, and to be a part of the community.

Another example of native inconsideration I have noticed, is the outright attack, on washitu, as well as those struggling with their native heritage and identity. I remember one such occasion, in particular, where, what seemed to me, a most friendly and completely innocuous individual, was hauled over the coals, for not knowing enough about his Indian customs, and no matter how hard the poor fellow attempted to placate his native attacker, ( and he tried everything ! ) that native remained, resolutely hostile. Another scalp for the old belt, hoka hey ! :roll:

For my own part I have but recently returned after weeks and weeks of serious hard graft to get the next piece of a written series out on these boards. Most uncharacteristically for me, it has taken, absolutely forever to do, as I have been battling with an inexplicable inertia, with each attempt to resume the work. I have never worked so damn hard to get something written Such fierce , resistance, the like of which I have not known before. Now I return to the forum, with my hard won, offering, and I Know ~ WHY, I felt so awful ! :shock:

The dark spirit of negation, has most certainly taken up residence upon these boards, Indeed, how frequently, has this negating force been fed, by way of the disdaining energies, existent in your everyday lives, and quite clearly reflected upon this forum ? That force which has held us down ceaselessly for centuries, and now works ~ More feverishly than ever, to sabotage an ~ Unparallelled, opportunity, one which we have ~ Long, awaited, to escape the clutches of the present global government system.

My kin, 2012 is just around the corner. This is ~ Our , time for rising, for breaking free into a brand new state of existance, and all you can do is scrap amongst yourselves and refer to people’s posts here as “shit “. Native or otherwise, people from all walks of life make a conscious choice to reach out, specifically, on these boards. They could go anywhere, for there are, indeed, all manner of things to choose from out there, yet they come to the Lakotah Forum, to give of their precious time and energies, their deep felt Love, Respect and commitment to you, YOU Indians, you, the only living representatives of a culture, richly steeped in ancient wisdom , kindness and sharing; and you snub them !

I ask you, what manner of a society, would mark the measure of a man, solely, by his nationality ? Even, on your own admission, your Tribal councils are so full of corruption, that they would stoop to such level as to steal the food from their own people. Is it, to these, pure bloods, perhaps, whom you would turn, to create the path forward for the restoration of native ways ?

These times in which we find ourselves, are no ordinary times, surely, you must be aware of this by now ? There is ~ Much, at stake, much that rests upon the note of our Native hearts. It would be most advisable to see, past, the physical packaging of those whom you would greet as brother, and those you would condemn, whom, given the circumstance, would share their last crust of bread with you. Have you forgotten, that we are, first and foremost ~ Spiritual beings, we are not these disposable physical shells. Many arrive within your midst, even from other worlds, to assist in these vital times. Others, you might deem strangers who are, great chiefs, warriors, ancestors, steeped in the old ways. Returned to ensure your safe passage to the brand new Earth which is about to emerge, IF, we can but open our hearts to receive !

Some might recall, I am an outsider, a loner, I have no affiliations, whatsoever. Wounded and disoriented myself, the only reference point I cling to is the somewhat awkward recognition that the purpose of my entire life has been to return to you , my beloved kin, during these end times. I feel compelled to write as I do, and to assist, all I can, toward the future welfare of indigenous peoples. Denigrate, ignore, delete, my words, as you see fit, the choice is yours, but I must see this through to its conclusion, I cannot flout my own responsibilities, I hope you understand ?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: More Shit !
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:36 am 

Storm said: Native or otherwise, people from all walks of life make a conscious choice to reach out, specifically, on these boards. They could go anywhere, for there are, indeed, all manner of things to choose from out there, yet they come to the Lakotah Forum, to give of their precious time and energies, their deep felt Love, Respect and commitment to you, YOU Indians, you, the only living representatives of a culture, richly steeped in ancient wisdom...

..This words really touched my heart: Respect, Love and Commitment to Lakotah People and Culture are something very very important in my life, something whitout I couldn't live and be what I am.
This Forum is a precious occasion for all people coming here freely to open a dialogue.
People on this forum know my words are often quite 'rude' expecially against new-agers, philanthropists and europeans coming here just to teach...but I deeply believe a dialogue is still possible, difficult but possible.
We (Indians and no-Indians) can't lose this opportunity.

Last edited by eloisa on Tue May 10, 2011 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:10 am 

if i may so bold as to comment on a subject you mentioned ....

you wrote .... "Another example of native inconsideration I have noticed, is the outright attack, on washitu, as well as those struggling with their native heritage and identity" ....

inconsideration???? those that are non indians to this day attack our need to preserve our languages...our ceremonies...and our culture ..... many non indians do not have a clue....again, we may be of the human race, but we are many nations with our own specific ways..... there are very few non indians that are accepted into ceremonies and respect the ways of whatever nation they hang out with. Most of those "wasicu" can quote you the entire book they have gained thier "so called knowledge" from ..... they have never set foot on a reservation, nor do they have the desire to actually take the time to learn from those that are versed in thier culture.

2nd.... many of these people who say they just discovered thier "native blood" are well into thier late 40's and older.... again, they heard a story that there might be indian blood in their heritage, and instead of researching thier nation, grab ahold of all the new age sites and communities they can just to be accepted. Instead of the tenacity to research, they read and read and join all these so called indian communities on line, and then again, attempt to tell, correct or demand from those that do know of thier culture and heritage.

this is just my opinion....like a asshole, we all have one....but the bickering that is usually started is from europeans or non indians.... again...just mho

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:00 am 

Look I really don't mind the pruning; it seems it was time for certain things to go. But I hear a lot of frustration about the fact that so few Lakotah use the site. My humble and honest question is, "what are you doing to change that?" You see I don't mind my voice to be drowned out, because I'm just an opinionated outsider. I really just come here to see the development of this movement and voice small occasional opinions. I for one tend not to care what the intention of the forum is. Let me make this clear, I SUPPORT THE LAKOTAH IN ALL THEIR ATTEMPTS TO HEAL THEMSELVES. I think its wonderful thing and serve as an inspiration to so many other nations, and even other races of people.

I come here to get informed because I'm a poor college student who can't afford to go to South Dakotah and see a reservation. I would more than love to see the rez and what it’s like there. I would rather talk to people one on one to know how they really feel. I would rather be there, but I'm trapped here, and I've been unemployed for nine months, I can barely pay for college. I have made it a point in my life to visit several reservations and actually get to know and respect the people whom live there.

I'm not supporting people not going to reservations. I'm just saying that the internet now serves as a beacon of information and knowledge. Sometimes good and well thought out, and other times ignorant and misinformed. I do agree with ndnhorseman increasingly every day that the best way to preserve a nation is through its languages and laws.

Everyone’s purpose on this sight is different. My purpose is simple, I am an outspoken advocate of indigenous rights, and I love to see where things are going. I try my best to keep track of things happening amongst all Native Americans. I vividly remember the Peruvian indigenous crisis, if it were not for this website I would’ve never found out about it.

But with all this being said, I have admitted my purpose and it is not the purpose of this website. I must absolutely respect the wishes of the Lakotah to promote their own self rights. This website was dedicated as symbol of the Lakotah right to be treated as humans. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. And as a bystander in this movement, I will bow down and respect you, your elders, your ways, and your desires to stay connected with them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:07 am 

If I may briefly comment on an observation. I have notice one thing; I have noticed that the lack of an indigenous American website often leads to these fraudulent "shamans" and trolling nomads. I'm sure most non-Indians are guilty of pushing the whole Pan-Indian thing, but I have noticed that the lack of a general pan-Indian website leads to many coming hear to "preach" a message. I've noticed that aboriginal Canadians actually have a website of their own called first-nations.org or something of that nature. I know it’s not the responsibility and it might not even be of interest, but if there were a similar website for American Indians I think it would be extremely effective in thwarting these persons. Like I said before, I support the movement, and I WILL be on the reservation sometime with in the next few years.

Sincerely,

Walli

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:18 am 

Friends,time is short, I am not come here to argue with you.
I am ~ Not, the enemy !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:52 am 

storm.... the L/D/N people have been in this battle for many many years .... it is not that I despise europeans ... I despise the way they think and act. Most, not all, from other countries come to indian sites after reading books and attempt to tell us that are indian how we should act and how we are suppose to live .... and when they meet resistance ... well then all of a sudden we are apparently .... "inconsiderate". Believe me... time is not running out .... and if it is...who cares....as indian people, we accept the the powers that be have created a new path for us, and we will adjust as we always have done.
The only new age you see is the one that most indian people are tired of.... oppression .... tired of our ways , our culture , being stolen from us and then those of non indian descent dictating to us how we should live.

again, and i say this in all seriousness .... as L/D/N people, we must find our way back to a more traditional way of life without outside interference .... we must put away dominant societies ways and return to the way we need to govern ourselves ... and live as we were meant to. I have been accused of being arrogant and a "hater"... yet all i do is defend my people and thier culture .... if that makes me arrogant...then so be it .... hecatu welo

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:27 pm 

ndnhorseman, I appreciate your words and am in accord with much of what you say. It saddens me deeply, however, that you should equate me with the New age tinsel movement and indicate that my outlook comes forth of books. I am an outsider, in just about every sense of the word, I walk alone, upon my own unique path, one which I have adhered to faithfully from early infancy. Though, on several occasions, and for diverse reasons, throughout life, I have been approached, by various occult inclined individuals, yet I have remained resolutely focused, upon the pathway of my own, inner essence, my Spirit, and not diverged from this.

Thus I have arrived here in response to the call of my infant yearning, that wilderness within where the world does not intrude. I come to commune with those whom I share greatest affinity, to give of my warmth and friendship, and, hopefully, to receive the same in return, I also bring to these boards, what I believe worthy of giving in the form of my inspired words.. What of greater value can anyone share, than ~ That which comes forth of their own intrinsic being ? It is ~ All, I have, to give.

I am not a shaman, nor anything of much repute, I do not claim to be. I am just a wounded creature drawn to tend to my own and ensure their safe passage to wherever they wish to go. Far be it for me to teach or instruct, all I seek is to guide you away from your own despair. My vision is and has long been to return to the purity of the old ways, yet there are no free rides in this world, not for the time being at any rate ! As with any journey, we need to prepare, and then clear our chosen pathway of the various briars that threaten to obstruct our progression.

ndnhorseman, you state “ .. the powers that be have created a new path for us “ further on you lament “ we will adjust as we always have done “ My friend, these words are born of an enslaved mentality, you have lost touch with the ability to choose your own destiny. Great Spirit did not place you on this Earth to be as a passive leaf, blown this way and that, by whatever winds happen to toss you into the air. . You are not born to merely “ Adjust “ to the will of others. The only “ Powers that be “ that you ~ Should, lend ear to, is The ~ POWER of your own Native essence as it rises up of its bonds, that which, presently, takes the form of the limitation and oppression which is, imposed upon so many indigenous tribes, along with outsiders, such as myself, Can we not share the trail of our common goal toward freedom, together, at least, for a short while ? After that we are foot loose and fancy free, to follow where ever our hearts would bid us go.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:16 pm 

Well i have to agree with you Storm about this site,but me personally,i havnt recieved any bad words from people here,but i have been to more than one reservation...AND yes i have been snubbed,down right ignored when i just want to help.....i was even refused a sale of broken elk antler for my flint knapping even after i offered twice the price...seems my help is wrong or not welcomed....So now i spend all my free time in the woods ,i feel im too white to help indians....and too red to fit in with my own kind.....and yes i am white with lots of indian blood and very tan skin,but that means nothing without the culture. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:47 pm 

AVI its the same old wore out bullshit. We cause more division among ourselves than the whites ever have. You are not alone in your thoughts that you are to white for the reds and to red for the whites. It really does not matter how much blood you have even the full bloods try to out indian each other.

When I read stories like these it makes me very proud to have first nations blood (NOT) we have fallen very far from honorable men and women to thugs, baby killers and perverts. BUT DO NOT MENTION THESE THINGS !!! These are not what our problems are, our problems are whites and white greed..Pffft once yes now we are our own predators kind of like a snake eating itsself by swallowing its own tail.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110531/ap_ ... me_justice

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:57 am 

AVI ... may i ask how much time you spent on the reservation of your family? If you were not raised there, and no one knew you, the reservation becomes a completely different culture to those that are not from there. Many urban indians....full bloods and mixed bloods, go to the rez with high expectations and find much disappointment. When I returned to the rez when my Mother passed, i had 2 elders at a gas station ask me why i came back. When i explained, they just blew me off. But when they realized that i was there to stay for awhile.... not asking questions, but just listening, they started to accept that i had come home. Even when i moved to Missouri, it took my nieghbors about 4 years to start to talk to me.... so it is not just a "indian things".

Altho i agree with SR .... many times we create our own divisions from within our own nations. This is because many do not understand the indian culture and attempt to recreate the way they read it was in a book. No matter where you go in this life, if you are an outsider, you will be treated as one until those people get to know you. This is just my point of view....i know quite a few here that are iyeska, yet we have no problems when we return to our reservations. I have stressed this many times here....language...culture...tradition .... very important, because it is now 2011 .... revitalization of all 3 are in the works ..... and most likely if you see a european on the rez.... well go ask them how much money they have spent or given away .... you will see why they are allowed there. The american indian is still here for a reason .... tenacity .... we have survived persecution and abuse from the begining.... if you give up so easily because of being snubbed, maybe you need to just remain silent and stay on your reservation for a few months .... learning how your people inter act with one another.... hoka hey

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:16 pm 

Let me say first that my blood is not the plains indian....i am white,german with many eastern woods indian grandmothers on my mothers side , Cherokee and shawnese for sure,the rest are unknown.......no reservation exists for me....i was raised by my mother and sisters,in a swamp south of tallahassee,in a trailer.Now at 45 years old,im doing pretty good....the reservations ive visited were without invite and out west...i know not wear to start without insulting someone or being turned away,no im not quiting the want to help.im just clueless .i dont have 4 years of hanging around to know everyone to want my help.But i will never give up.....i turn to the woods to seek truth. Truth from within will show me oneday if i am paitient....then i will try again....i am still seeking the answer.I am stuck between two worlds.Only a few can really understand what drives me to care,but i do.And thanks to the horseman,i believe you may have just given me a clue....thank you.Perhaps this site visit is the start of understanding for me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am 

Avi, thank you for your words. It is, indeed,painful to be snubbed, in particular when those doing the snubbing mean so very much to us. How very sad that the sale of antler was refused you, at even twice the price ! Some natives, sure got a mean ol' streak, talk about " cutting off your nose to spite your face" Crikey ! :shock:

Too white, too red, too little, too much, too this, too that.... Tell me something new, :|

As you, I am born with a natural tan. When it gets right down to it, Culture is an inherent quality of being. No external teaching can replace the Essence of what we are born with, and it isTHAT within, which compels us to seek out our ~Own .

Problem is, "New bloods " abound today, rather than full or half bloods. What do I mean by this ? On the surface of things, ie written into some registry, might, indeed, state ~ Native. Yet what of a few scrawled letters on some insignificant scrap of paper, when it is what is inscribed deep into the HEART that counts ! In the words of Stormsrider,

" we have fallen very far from honourable men and women, to thugs, baby killers and perverts "

What the hell, has any of this got to do with Authentic Native Essence ? " New bloods " are mere watered down versions of an indian, they have lost touch with their integrity, the ~ PRIDE , the heigtened sensitivity of what it means, and has ~ Always, meant, to be genuinely ~ Native. Avi, do not be too down hearted because of a few weak willed individuals, who have grown more than a little fond of the bottle and petty, small minded snobbery, rather than observe their True noble heritage. Far better to stride through your forest alone, with head held high and your heart ablaze with the ~ Fire, of your own Spirit, rather than be accepted into any society that has lost touch with its basic nature.The recognition such might win through mere dint of genetics is as nothing besides one who, though ever denied, has striven long against all the odds, for the Truth within him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:07 am 

rofl .... storm .... these "new bloods" you refer to are actually the same indians that have always been .... only alot more vocal. It pisses off those that refuse to immerse themselves in thier OWN traditions and culture, because it is easier to read books and cruise the internet and become the ultimant internet indian. The L/D/N you see on this site , for the most part, understand thier language...or at least are attempting to learn it .... understand thier culture .... understand WHO they are .... there is no difference between full-blood and mixed .... WE ARE LAKOTA, DAKOTA,NAKOTA .... we have started to speak, act and have become whom we were meant to be. We are not "Black Elk Speaks" or "the 7th Grandfather" indians .... we are a people who now understands that we as a nation, must unite a be as we were from the conception of our nation ..... hoka hey

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:35 am 

ndnhorseman wrote:
rofl .... storm ....

Nothing like the sound of good old native mirth, to warm the cockles of the heart ! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:24 am 

2nd.... many of these people who say they just discovered thier "native blood" are well into thier late 40's and older.... again, they heard a story that there might be indian blood in their heritage, and instead of researching thier nation, grab ahold of all the new age sites and communities they can just to be accepted. Instead of the tenacity to research, they read and read and join all these so called indian communities on line, and then again, attempt to tell, correct or demand from those that do know of thier culture and heritage.

this is just my opinion....like a asshole, we all have one....but the bickering that is usually started is from europeans or non indians.... again...just mho[/quote]

Could you define..What being an Indian is?.
..Being an indian is not defined by an "I AM" symbol...is it?
Is it defined by just a culture?
Is it defined by a bloodline that is all from the same beginnings?
Or is it defined by your heart?
Does not the bickering come from an individual for how they see something?
Do you point your finger as they do?
I am a mother now grandmother that ask these questions of you...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:00 pm 

[quote="Bearpaw"

this is just my opinion....like a asshole, we all have one....but the [/quote]

Ummm, I don't like to get personal here, but why do people keep ever harping on about having assholes ? I ~ Know, everyone's got one , really I do ! even Natives, got ' em, to be sure , but do we really need to keep hammering the topic home ...... I mean, this is right putting me off my cheese and tomato sandwich ! :(

I am a mother now grandmother that ask these questions of you...[/quote]

Will answer later, got tummy ache now ..... :evil:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:35 am 

Bearpaw wrote:

I am a mother now grandmother that ask these questions of you...

Can I define the Green - ness of a leaf ? I speak of Essence, not form or mere label, What is left behind when the Leaf disintegrates and breaks away from the Source of its sustenance ?

What of a man when the Spirit within, withers and dies ? When he has lost touch with the very foundation of his ~ Being, the roots, the Vital ~ Sap, of Pride, upon which his entire culture once revolved, and thrived. What worth is bloodline without the hallmark of centuries of thought, steeped, in RESPECT and sensitivity, toward our bodies, our minds, our hearts, our people, and our planet ?

I point the finger at none other than myself, for I ~ Know, what it is to be beaten down into the mire of humiliation , to be spat on , denied, driven to self disgust and loathing of others, I know, also, what it means to Rise forth once more of the filth, and stand with my head held HIGH with a Pride, which ~ None, can ever again divest me of.

For the intrinsic nature of a Native, you need but look at what the white supremists focussed on DESTROYING within the Native children which they herded into boarding schools like so many cattle, to be whipped into obedience and branded.

Want to know a True blooded Indian ? Look into his ~ Eyes !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:46 am 

Being an Indian is not just being able to say..I am Seneca,I am Cherokee,I am Lakotah..those are cultures...I have seen many who can claim they are by a bloodline ..but are not Indian..and many who can make no claim who are..Because of labeling of the cultures people forget who they truly are...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:34 am 

first to storm .... you wrote "want to know a true blooded indian, look into his eyes" .... well this statement alone says you have never been around indians as we find it rude to look directly into someones eyes ... that is a european thing.

bearpaw ... to answer your question .... DNA makes a indian .... if you do not carry the DNA of any indian nation, you are not indian, plain and simple. you may follow a particular indian nations ways .... you may be adopted into a american indian family, but that again does not make you indian. As for pointing fingers ... what i do is write facts that piss people off .... I was BORN Lakota .... I carry the DNA that makes me indian .... I am not 5 different nations trapped in one body as I have seen many claim. We are independant nations with independant cultures, languages and traditions .... again, if you are not indian and follow the ways, then you only practice a nations ways....you can not be indian just because you feel indian. This is a fact. many people scream that it is not fair, but it is a fact. I do not carry irish blood....so i can not be irish .... as the new age saying goes....a eagle can not be a bear....why would he want to?

if you yourself carry indian blood, then i suggest you learn your language, culture, and traditions.... as a grandmother, it will be important to pass those things onto your grandchildren. if you are not indian, then admit you are only a follower and allow your grandchildren to pick thier path in life wisely . toksa ake

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 75 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next