It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:16 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: to forge resources
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:25 pm 

without the ability and capability to freely create, not even individuals can be considered soveriegn, nevermind nationstates of any size.

In my realization to become soveriegn, or at the very least, to aquire resources, i have recently realized that my quest can also be applied to a nation.

here is my little map on how the Lakota Republic might pull itself up by its bootstraps, regardless of laws and litigations, ordinaces and written permissions. (because we all know the white government has an impeccable track record with holding to contracts with indigenous nations :lol: )

it can be considered (irony?) that it parellels my processes

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: to forge resources
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:48 pm 

first off, initial production capability.

To begin to build a foundation, youre going to have to have the equivalent of an automotive and body fabrication shop; a power and planshing hammer, a lathe, a welding station, a rolling machine, a drill-press, perhaps an english wheel?, and a decent smelting-casting station, for an easier time of smelting down junk gotten from others. All pertinent safety equipment is advisable, especially with the welding. Also, if you can swing it, afew CNC machines, but that can come later.

Once you have the listed items, you can produce replicas of the tools, or engines (i would reccommend wood-gassification or steam turbine/electrical engines.) cars, trucks and motorcycles, or, if especially daring, perhaps more illicit items. (trust me, they will shoot back.)

edit - minor tools would probably include a drill, and a jig-saw, all with various bits and blades, along with screwdrivers, various wrenches and pliers, hammers, chisels, and probably afew other stuffs im not able to think of.

For electrical devices production, i would advise a weller soldering station, some scotch-brite sponges, afew 3rd hand thingies with magnifying glasses, and a steel wool pad for cleaning of the tip, wire strippers, and flux-core leaded 60/40 soldering spools in 6300 fraction-inch size, as well as bread and soldering boards.

Last edited by srwg on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:10 pm 

Energy Production ::

to be honest, once you know how its done, making a thing is relativly easy, and in my quest for knowledge, ive come to conclude that the 2 most valid (biggest bang for he smallest bucks) forms of energy production are wood gassiffication and steam turbine power, with steam being the easiest to make, imo .

Parts are easy to scavenge, and may often be yours for the asking, if you take to dealing with people rather than corporations, like asking farmer bob or constructor joe, instead of Lowes or Home Depot.

neodymium magnets can often be found in computer harddrives, along with bits of gold. you could probably harvest the gold if you like, but i would go for the magnets foremostly.

The main boiler can be made from a water heater tank, and with some valves and dials, can make quite a head of steam (i would reccommend a re-heater in the mix to get it to a dry steam, with a decent PSI for the poundage of the turbine), which can then be lined to spray at a turbine made from metal lids or maybe a used brake rotor thats been ground down to fresh steel. Tines can be made of sheetmetal (16 gauge steel?) and screwed on with machine screws and hex-bolts, and the shaft can be a galvenized pipe of suitable length.

initially, heating can be done with an electrical generator and diswasher heating elements, cranked by a bicycle, or generated by solar power to power the heating elements.

I myself am constructing a smaller series of turbines for myself, with jelly jar lids and tines made of cut up coke cans, screwed on with screws, and with an 8-inch roofing nail as the shaft.

The magnetic dynamo can be made of neodynimium magnets super-glued to an adequate box-tube or roundel of some substance (im using plastic lids), with an electrical generator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Sz8oT8ou0 - electrical generator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvHCQswnjEg - how a transformer works, in order to make them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYTCy6yruXo - another transformer info video

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:45 pm 

before all that, and perhaps also during, and after, is knowledge.

They say knowledge is power, and to a certain extent, that is true. In this day and age, knowledge is free on the internet (so far?), and so printing off of PDF's would be advisable.

it would be a heavy investment in printer inks and paper, but it would also be a useful one, if an internet comnnection ever does become, or already is, unstable, or if they take to computer assault.

Last edited by srwg on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:51 pm 

farming.

in my experience, never is there a more drudging, and yet never a more essential task as farming.

whatever styles of farming the Lakota Republic would choose, is up to them/you, but i would advise to buy up heirloom seeds like theyre going out of style (because, well..... they are, courtesy of Monsanto and their gene-freek crops.)

and most of all, i wish you luck on farming. I certainly have no patience for it.

water purification is also a must, and aside from straining out the chewy bits (eww :o ) and boiling for 20 minutes, is iodine.

and heres how to make crystalline iodine, now that the talking heads keystone PD's have been ordered to take away such a useful substance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYTCy6yruXo

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]