It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:58 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Re: Decolonization
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:15 am 

Here are some good pointers for armed revolution on the North American continent.

Armed Revolution Possible and Not So Difficult

Also, for over throwing the US Government

Anarchists, Get Up Off Your Asses and Get Moving!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:06 am 

A few things to keep in mind when it comes to true tribal nations....

I think the fighting spirit demonstrated in this video is a good one. There was a time when we had to fight to defend our lands, people and way of life. That time may come again. I'd encourage our young people to look to their clan and tribe for guidance when it comes to such matters. Of course, this presupposes that our young people have intact clans, which may not always be the case. I know many clans, though still in existence, are not what they once were. Build your clan up; learn its history, songs, traditional territory, etc. But also start acting like a clan. Look to a wise elder to mediate your disputes. Build something for your clan; a house, a canoe, hell, even a commonly owned business or co-op. Once you've done these things, THEN build your clan's militia.

I am half Taos Pueblo Indian. Every year the war chief of my tribe does a weapons check of all able bodied men in the village. I participated in this with great pride with my Grandfather when I was 13. I will take up the rifle to defend my Tribal Nation, clan, and family if I must. Until then I will build my people up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:54 am 

I've added this video to a post of videos that may be of interest here:

Videos of the NOW!

Also, it has come to our attention that our First Nations brothers and sisters in Canada are being labeled "terrorists" for their protest of US policies, protest of the olympics, and for defense of their homelands. I'm sure they were speaking specifically of some of the people in this video.

Native "Terrorists" - do we have your attention yet?

U.S. considers ‘Native Canadian groups’ as possible terror threats: embassy cables

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:05 pm 

In my experience, violent attempts to overthrow only serves to undermine your cause, loosing support you may have. The most successful actions are done through peaceful, non-violent manners.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:37 am 

this is another subject that draws much attention and controversy .... but it is one that needs to be addressed. Our tribal gov'ts obviously are not set up to deal with the everyday problems of those on reservations .... this is the obvious problem .... 2 major reasons why it does not work .... 1st .... our tribal gov'ts are modeled after dominant societies way of doing things .... and at the risk of pissing off alot of readers .... the european way of doing things and the indian way of doing things are at opposite ends of the spectrum.... notice the title of this thread....DECOLONIZATION.... we need to , as tanahansi Dakod said... return to more traditional ways of governing .... it worked for our ancestors before dominant society, and it can work again .... 2nd.... when tribal elections are held.... THE PEOPLE.... must go out and vote.... turn out has always been a problem and turn out to vote is low. Half the time those running for council seats are known to be "bed fellows" with higher ups in dominant societies gov't.

as for a non violent approach .... we need to fix this problem from with in ... then stand up....kick the FBI and BIA off tribal lands and deal with our problems as Nations seperate from dominant society.. maybe not as militant as some would like to hear, but hey.... the first line of attack is destroy the infrastructure ..... wasicu has thier hands deep in indian affairs....it is time we cut the hand from the wrist ....hoka hey

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:55 am 

the arrogance of the western (european/us) political and economical system ist continously devasting traditional lifeways
all over the world. Anybody with eyes to see and ears to hear can observe this. And losing a language today starts with the use of only a few words. I'm observing this over here where the use of english/american expressions in every part of life is still growing.
I have to confess that we are harvesting what we have sowed - but i don't have to accept it. Diversity - that's what live on mother earth is all about.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:20 pm 

Downix wrote:
In my experience, violent attempts to overthrow only serves to undermine your cause, loosing support you may have. The most successful actions are done through peaceful, non-violent manners.

I truly appreciate this perspective. Much has been accomplished through non-violent means. A non-violent revolution in Indian Country, in my opinion, would be a return to clan and tribal societal organization. So it would be looking to a respected elder or clan leader for dispute mediation. It would mean relearning our culture and language. I think an economic realignment would also be necessary. So imagine if we built more sustainable, resilient communities, like the ones suggested on this very website here. My thoughts on the same thing and how we can apply it to a variety of different villages and tribes here.

If we built our own, parallel justice, economic and cultural institutions within the context of our clans, or even with the establishment of new clans or clan and tribe like entities, then we would be de facto, independent and truly free tribal nations without firing a shot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:04 pm 

ndnhorseman wrote:
this is another subject that draws much attention and controversy .... but it is one that needs to be addressed. Our tribal gov'ts obviously are not set up to deal with the everyday problems of those on reservations .... this is the obvious problem .... 2 major reasons why it does not work .... 1st .... our tribal gov'ts are modeled after dominant societies way of doing things .... and at the risk of pissing off alot of readers .... the european way of doing things and the indian way of doing things are at opposite ends of the spectrum.... notice the title of this thread....DECOLONIZATION.... we need to , as tanahansi Dakod said... return to more traditional ways of governing .... it worked for our ancestors before dominant society, and it can work again .... 2nd.... when tribal elections are held.... THE PEOPLE.... must go out and vote.... turn out has always been a problem and turn out to vote is low. Half the time those running for council seats are known to be "bed fellows" with higher ups in dominant societies gov't.

as for a non violent approach .... we need to fix this problem from with in ... then stand up....kick the FBI and BIA off tribal lands and deal with our problems as Nations seperate from dominant society.. maybe not as militant as some would like to hear, but hey.... the first line of attack is destroy the infrastructure ..... wasicu has thier hands deep in indian affairs....it is time we cut the hand from the wrist ....hoka hey

At the same time that we are building peaceful clan and tribal parallel systems of governance, we should also be building the capability to defend ourselves and respond to emergencies. I think we can designate warrior leaders at the clan and tribe level (whatever level, really) who can see to the organization of defense and emergency response. I think this could be pretty informal. Going hunting together builds stalking skills and marksmanship. My mom's tribe simply calls together all able bodied men along with their weapons for review by the war chief. It's largely ceremonial, but the purpose is not lost; at one point we had to defend ourselves, and eventually we'll only have ourselves to see to the defense of our homelands and people. We'll outlive the US and what limited protection they provide.

The Mormons, who are pretty dammed tribal in their own way, have ingrained in their culture that each household stock up on emergency food, water and supplies. I can envision families and clans building up their own emergency supplies and capabilities.

As to kicking the FBI, BIA, phony tribal governments and the Feds in general out of Indian Country.... don't count on those entities giving up power peacefully. The overall strategy we should employ here is to build our counter institutions of clan and family so strong that these entities are no longer necessary. This would allow most communities and clans to insulate themselves from these entities and their influence. They will still likely stick their noses in our business anyway. When we are at this stage we will have to start thinking critically about how far we are willing to be pushed. In a completely hypothetical, education purposes only discussion, I'd say that we have plenty of models to look to for how to bring down empires. The one that we should draw the most inspiration from is our own history of resistance against the US Empire. From the first battles in the East to the Plains Wars we have largely employed hit and run campaigns; guerrilla warfare.

All of this should be thought of in the broader context of what is going on across the US Nation. Out of control debt, unaffordable wars of imperialism, increased militarization of police forces at home, loss of liberty, economic turmoil, all of these things paint a bleak picture for the US Government. So I think that its not a question of whether or not we should start down the rode to true tribal sovereignty, is a question of whether or not we want our people to survive the next 50-100 years.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:40 am 

Unfortunately many people don't wake up until a bomb explodes in front of their faces. I don't approve of violence or death, but in history many times we forget the violent that helped to pave the way. For example in America history, Martin Luther King Jr. is developed, however, we can not deny the power influence of men like; Malcolm X, the black panthers, Paul Robeson, etc. The same could be said about the Indian revolution to free their nation. There were peaceful guys like Ghandi, and then there were violent guys like Jatindranath Mukherjee who is as famous if not more so than Ghandi.

I'm not calling for violence, what I'm saying is, people often have to break the law in order to make it better. If people never broke the law and took in slaves, or people never broke the laws in Soviet Russia they wouldn't be free today. Sometimes laws are just pieces of paper to wipe your ass with and move on.

I will say this however, HAVE BABIES. I'm not saying it as a joke or pun, I know its tough on the rez, little or no economic development. I know these things will change. I support self-defense and training, but have babies. The more people who are pissed the better. Right now Natives are in such a small majority in Anglo-America they can't get their voices heard. In Canada the situation is slightly different. However, I know here in America there are less than 2 million registered persons as Native Americans. Compared to 300 million that’s slim pickings. And I'm sure of that 2 million only 300-500k take their identity seriously and know and understand their ancestry. Sad but true.

I think 3 things should happen:

1.) Improved Living Conditions/Education and make your selves independant from the current infrastrucure
2.) Population Growth
3.) Strengthening of Traditions and History.

These things would be more than helpful, I see the 3rd is your greatest objective and that’s wonderful. The first is becoming noticed, but the second point shouldn’t be ignored. It should be looked at and considered. Just a personal opinion.

Sincerley,

Walli

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:51 am 

Please excuse my youthful urban slang, but Raven Warriors ideas are tight also, "build up" I like that. That idea is wicked, awesome, stupid, and dope all at the same time. *Rant over. I'm actually under stating its genius. By making your selves so independent and self-sufficient there would be no reason for outside forces to "patrol or keep an eye" on you anymore. That's exactly what I was thinking about this whole subject.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:21 pm 

I completely agree with you Dakod, but we have to keep a few things in mind. "Build Up" is not a new concept and has been used by independence movements for centuries. The theory behind build up is to eliminate dependency on the large and thus the need for foreign protection and presence.

Often times it is required to "push out" those not wanted in the lands. What this means that eventually force may be necessary in the event a compromise can not be easily reached. But you do it from a position of strength and durability, and not a position of weakness and fragility.

I personally believe that if those in the Lakotah nation continue their hard work that with in 30 years you can achieve a position of strength. Start to consolidate what you have and build that up steadily.

Slowly work on making a self-sufficient police force and defense force of your own. Full of local men and not crappy FBI agents who get paid to watch innocent girls get raped and ass holes sell more alcohol on the reservation.

I think if all is done this way that this could become quite a successful movement in my opinion.

One last thing, start growing your own food and using that. Are there projects on the rez for a farming and sewage system? I don’t know if the rez has this or not, I have extremely limited knowledge of the actual humanitarian crisis facing most reservations.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:03 pm 

any form of government must be a cultural match to the People THAT government represents.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:27 pm 

ghostwarrior wrote:
any form of government must be a cultural match to the People THAT government represents.

I agree GW. I’m just saying some challenges stand in the way of having reunification with the traditional ways. Primarily the dependency of the reservation system on the federal government. Breaking that dependence on the feds will significantly help the cause of independence.

The rez system as Russell said is the basis around the world for holding down unwanted minorities. The rez system it self stems back to the Irish Plantations the English set up to enslave Irishmen, take all the good land, the money, and leave the Irish broke. This plantation system goes back to the 1500s before major attempts of successful colonization of what is today the United States.

They fundamentally create dependence on the "master" and the "master" in turn sends a larger population than is locally available. In other words to break the cycle the population must reach a higher level, and it has to slowly reacquire the wealth that was lost. The Natives of the Americas got all the good land stolen. Sad, but true. In Anglo-America the population was reduced so much that they could not sustain themselves with what little they had. In other words, increased labor forces would actually decrease the burden.

So I agree about locally ran governments and histories completely. I'm just saying that an increase in population is necessary to break the abusive bond that the indigenous have with "masters". Bringing back the ways is a great start. Growing population is another, and a self-sufficient infrastructure is the greatest key in my opinion.

By the way I seriously love the work you all are doing. I’m just saying if there aren’t plans for the 3 steps I said above, then they should be considered. I would love to see local policemen instead FBI shits protecting the rez. The federal government is never to be trusted; of course this is just my humble opinion.

Sincerely,

Walli

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:31 pm 

Dakod I don't know if you are with the NYM but please ask them to do a song to this beat, I think it would be sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUltrUNt3W0

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:15 am 

WalLiDruDumA wrote:
I will say this however, HAVE BABIES. I'm not saying it as a joke or pun, I know its tough on the rez, little or no economic development. I know these things will change. I support self-defense and training, but have babies. The more people who are pissed the better. Right now Natives are in such a small majority in Anglo-America they can't get their voices heard. In Canada the situation is slightly different. However, I know here in America there are less than 2 million registered persons as Native Americans. Compared to 300 million that’s slim pickings. And I'm sure of that 2 million only 300-500k take their identity seriously and know and understand their ancestry. Sad but true.

Yes! Have babies! I'm doing my part! As to 2 million Natives vs 300 million Americans, I think that's the wrong context. The vast majority of white, black, brown and yellow America is largely ambivalent. I would not count them as a whole as our enemies. The average American largely lives peacefully as our neighbors. Instead, it is more like 2 million Natives vs the 2.5 million or so active members of the US military and various domestic policing agencies from metro police to ATF and FBI. And the vast majority of that force is tied up in foreign wars in other people's indigenous homelands on the other side of the world. Or they are busy policing the rest of America. This force would be hard pressed to dislodge us from our homelands this time around, as 4th generation warfare has shown us how an indigenous population can repel a foreign empire.

I doubt we Natives would be alone in our struggle. We can find valuable allies in the Black Nationalist movement and yes, even the militia movement across America's "heartland." When it comes down to it, the enemy of my enemy is my friend and the US Empire has compiled a LONG list of oppressed people, black, white and brown, on the domestic front. Collectively and together, we could all give Uncle Sam the finger, turn or backs on him and never look back. We could simply just walk away. The US Government would then be left with very little under its control.

Quote:

I think 3 things should happen:

1.) Improved Living Conditions/Education and make your selves independant from the current infrastrucure
2.) Population Growth
3.) Strengthening of Traditions and History.

These things would be more than helpful, I see the 3rd is your greatest objective and that’s wonderful. The first is becoming noticed, but the second point shouldn’t be ignored. It should be looked at and considered. Just a personal opinion.

Sincerley,

Walli

I'm behind this 100%.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:27 am 

Dakod wrote:
You really think the paid guards are gonna give up their position of control over the prisoner of war camps?
They are simply killing us off inadvertently; through gov't programs, and institutions. They don't need to use bullets, but they still do (police).

I'm of the opinion that government programs are poison to our people and represent the second of a 1-2 punch of colonialism: the first punch being destruction of our means of supporting ourselves, the second punch is getting us dependent on the Empire for our survival through welfare. A proud independent people don't rely on another tribe to support themselves. The US recognized that, so they killed all the Buffalo and turned us into welfare cases to subdue us!

Quote:
If anything they wont leave, more will come cuz they want the resources under the rez (oil, coal etc)

[/quote]

The shitty thing about this is that it is often or very own, BIA backed, traitorous "Tribal" Governments that cooperate with this and benefit from it! To combat this we need an active network of resistance across Indian Country. I'm trying to gear my people up to resist the next strip mining project in the occupied Tlingit Nation, where ever and whenever it comes. Such projects threaten our salmon runs, which are the backbone of our Tlingit economy and way of life, much like the Buffalo were for the Plains Indians. I think we should be ready and willing to physically block and hamper such developments. The rural nature of Indian Country should make this a piece of cake. Cut the roads, sabotage equipment in the middle of the night, blockade the way, etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:34 pm 

Yeah Raven, I agree with most of it, but I doubt the United States government is the only foe at work here. Many of those "Heartland" militias are ardent separatists and racists. Not to mention all of the Christian fundamentalists who believe white is right and want to still see whitey on top even if America is gone. I'd say the indigenous do have a lot of friends, and then again there can be just as many foes. I'm almost certain it’s even. I think its best for the indigenous to rely on their own fruits though. No telling what could be running through some of these peoples' heads.

I generally believe that blacks and chicanos will be the ones who side with natives. However, I think after America collapses too many people will be fighting amongst themselves to care.

So what I say is BABIES, SCHOOLS, TRADITIONS. Most important things in my opinion. I like the T.R.E.A.T.Y school idea, but I think a library that serves as a school should be implemented as well. A library could help to re-educate a lot of adults. It could also give more computers so that more Lakotah and whoever could sign up. It could also serve as a school for the youth and be the center of cultural activity.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:03 pm 

I am sure there is some kind of revolution coming by the end of 2013, and beginning of 2014. Sadly, it takes this to wake up ordinary people who think there is a 2 party system of govt. When they have been duped by another globalist puppet as Prez, then the message will ring enough bells to set off the necessary spark in order to get things moving.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:17 pm 

I am tired of what America has turned into. I grew up white, but poor.I am still poor.Now I find out I am red and I am white.I have never understood the white mindset.Rush, rush, rush and get,get,get, never caring whose toes they stepped on.I have been made fun of and called stupid by not playing their controlling and manipulative games.To me,that is being dishonest and mean.What it is,is what it is.The government makes laws so you can't,can't,can't while they can,can,can.America is geared to the rich and if you are poor ,you are nobody.Most of the are rich got their money from stealing anyways. Just like lands stolen from the red man.Just like lands stolen from my family.The white people in America has no culture.There are just wandering around not having any family ties.You need a culture so you can stand together and fight for what is rightfully yours.I am proud that I am Indian, but I am sad because I will never belong to the Cherokee culture.My family was assimilated even though I am a treaty signer descendant.Also that was part of the white man's doings.Not fair.I feel bad for what the Lakota people have gone through and are going through.Please do not give up.I am not giving up on America.We have got to fight and fight with all we have got.Whether people realize it or not we are all in the same canoe.We are all prisoners here in America,living under their watchful eye.One day we all will have our freedom. I have been doing protesting.I changed my banking to a local bank.When I quit the mega bank I was banking at,I was interrogated with a thousand questions why I was quitting.I told the lady it was none of her business why I was changing.Do you see how they do you.We do not need to give the big banks our business. Bank at the local banks or our credit unions.Hurt them where it hurts them the most,in their pocketbooks.I protest everyday at work waking up peoples eyes to what is going on.I may be arrested for speaking my mind one day but if you do not have freedom you have nothing. Americans are letting their freedom slip away day by day and letting the Elite get away with it.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:04 pm 

WalLiDruDumA wrote:
Yeah Raven, I agree with most of it, but I doubt the United States government is the only foe at work here. Many of those "Heartland" militias are ardent separatists and racists. Not to mention all of the Christian fundamentalists who believe white is right and want to still see whitey on top even if America is gone.

It's been a while, but I thought I'd address this. When these militias invade Indian Country, then let 'em have it. At this point there are enough hispanics, blacks and Natives in this country to stop a whites only empire (hey, don't we already have that?) Until then I don't particularly mind that they are keeping the FBI and ATF busy. There's some dangerous crack pots among them, sure, but my understanding of the militia movement is that they are armed, capable and ready to go on the war path against the federal government; NOT against us or even blacks or Hispanics. The mainstream media would like us to be afraid of them, but they are more of a threat to the empire than to us or even your average American citizen. I will acknowledge that I see among them a glorification of conservative values and the American way. But the tool for forcing those values and exploitation on others is via the US empire, not via decentralized guerrilla forces (militias.) Decentralized guerrilla forces are good at taking down empires, not building them up. If those militias ever get incorporated into the empire and start being used as tools of oppression, then yes, they are the enemy. But so far the opposite is happening, the empire is trying to destroy them via the ATF and FBI.

At this point I think our enemy is the federal government and their corporate cronies that want to loot our lands for natural resources and keep us poor and dumb. Most Americans are blissfully unaware of what the fuck is going on, so I would not count on them as neither enemies nor friends, rather as helpless bystanders who will go down with ship when their masters finally steer it into an ice berg.

Quote:
I'd say the indigenous do have a lot of friends, and then again there can be just as many foes. I'm almost certain it’s even. I think its best for the indigenous to rely on their own fruits though. No telling what could be running through some of these peoples' heads.

I generally believe that blacks and chicanos will be the ones who side with natives. However, I think after America collapses too many people will be fighting amongst themselves to care.

So what I say is BABIES, SCHOOLS, TRADITIONS. Most important things in my opinion. I like the T.R.E.A.T.Y school idea, but I think a library that serves as a school should be implemented as well. A library could help to re-educate a lot of adults. It could also give more computers so that more Lakotah and whoever could sign up. It could also serve as a school for the youth and be the center of cultural activity.

Yes!

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next