It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:09 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: We are all one.
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:25 am 

everyone has thier own personal agenda .... it is a fact that when language dies, then cultures die .... yet i am all for a self suffcient L/D/N nation. My problem lies with european influence. Dominant society has shown from the very begining that thier ways and L/D/N ways do not and can not coincide with one another. Look at how our Nations have suffered because we have allowed alcohol, drugs, and abuse within our society. Much of this was our own fault ... so we are no longer victims .... we are enablers to allow these things to go on. Our tribal councils are full of corruption ... they do things for thier own good, not the people as a whole. This is why i ask about who will/would organize this "new republic". Would we enact the "shirtwearers" to maintain order .... would the Elders be allowed to speak and be heard .... would we seperate ourselves from alcohol and drugs...not allowing them to penetrate back into our society. It is easy to talk about how we would be ... yet there are MANY issues that still have not been resolved from the first signed treaty.

As for those that claim L/D/N blood and are not... that is on them ... as for non indians having a say and a part in ROL .... as american indian people ....we must learn by our mistakes that we learned the hard way about dominant society. If my memory serves me correctly ... you are not indian ... so now step back and look at indian peoples frustration. I stand on the principals that were handed to me by my Lakota Mother and Lakota relatives .... hecatu welo

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2