It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:25 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: 72 Winters
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:01 pm 

Thank you Russell for imparting your knowledge with us. Though I am not as many winters, 50 so far, my health is failing. 2 cancers and a heart attack and other things. I've been blessed to have 5 generations that we alive in my youth, and as we slowly thin down, now I am one of the older ones. I have learned so much from them and now I have nobody to teach it too. Meanwhile I still learn and listen to you and other elders.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me and others. I wasted much of my youth, but I never lost my respect for my elders. I didn't grow up with much Cherokee knowledge, but it was there in small doses. Now I've viewed as obsolete as my kids live that American Dream, the one you have to be asleep to believe it.

I thank you my brother for all you do to teach us the wisdom you have gained. Please know that there are those of us that have grown from it and miss the knowledge that we once were told, and the new knowledge you give to me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 72 Winters
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:23 am 

Mitakuye Oyasin, Anpetu Yamni.
Toniktuka he?
Russell it takes courage to speak about you now knowing you came to the age of Wisdom. It makes me happy to learn you are doing better as you did when Wakan Tanka knew it was time letting you know that there is more to life as just playing around (in a good way).
The Inner Peace you speak of is something we have to teach our young at a very young age. This is what has been passed on to me as a little one.
Now at the age of 52 I know why it was passed on to me and why I passed it on to my child as for many more people in distress, or just wanting to know how to achieve it. Just alike many other people,although I had always been an ill faded child, I had to find out that age comes with issues and a body that is on it's way to serve other good then just being fit. Inner Peace ,makes us contemplate on the Spirituality of life and all involved. I Respect you and have addressed you as a Wise Elder many Winters ago.
As I always say , it is not ours to question for only Wakan Tanka knows the answers.
We need to accept and make the best of life. That too is a new teaching kola. A new journey, Travel kola go spread Wisdom we are listening and wishing you all days to be good ones.
Wakan Tanka nici un kola.
Ride On Horseback

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 72 Winters
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:14 pm 

I dig when old people talk about wisdom and what life was like - like in the commentary about "Reminiscence". I'm 33 - just turned 33 and thought I was ancient.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]