It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Re: Aaron Huey -US war against Lakota Nation
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:12 pm 

My friend, you and LookingHawk always post videos the brings tears to my eyes. Since I was young I had always been ashamed of my white blood. Since joining this forum, my shame has grown 10 fold. It also increases my pride in the First Nation blood that I do have.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:18 pm 

The Aaron Huey video is so powerful,simple shocking truths.....I have and will post this video on every site I can, please do the same .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:03 am 

Dear Lakota Brothers and Sisters,
I see many of us at times been Ashamed of our White Blood, But we need to remember not all White Blood has done wrong things to our First Nations Nations.

I myself am born as Irish, Dutch, Cherokee and Lakota and four others.
I was adopted to an Irish and German family... I grew up with mostly White people around me.
My adoption family came to the US After the slaughter of our people, After the racism issue of the Blacks, and To many of us Lakota and others mixed blood fall into the trap of being ashamed of who we are. We need to not be ashamed but realize Creator has made us this way to help combat the Racism issues. We need to not only Stand up for the Good of the Lakota people and Nation, but stand up for our White Ancestors We need to help both sides learn how to change their ways and improve their lives. My adoption was sealed I may never be allowed to enroll in any tribe band or nation because of it. Spirit introduced me a new path I named it Heinzism, My religion recieved it's name the day "Miracle" was born .. At the time I was so depressed because my spiritual medicine abilities were opening up. Spirit showed med how all religions are related and connected and how all people are related and connected. Do not be ashamed of your blood and who you are. Be ashamed of the people who have abused their power, gifts, tools and abilities through out time, and do you best to stand up against the abuse of power, gifts, and abilities.

I am proud of my Lakota Heritage, but spirit has called me to form a multicultural spiritual based tribed called the Heinzist Tribe. I however do not have the resources to do so. So, I came to this forum to help you all out, with ideas, and suggestions.. I was told by numerous Elders and Spiritual teachers along my path. In the end your blood does not make you who you are, What is in your heart is that matters. Your love for your people, how you treat them. What you are doing with your life.

I see Many good and great hearts on this forum, and this is my first time posting here.. Do not be ashamed of who you are claim it with pride :) . And Show the world your heart. You are not the sins of your white brothers and sisters, or the white nation. Do not ever fall into the trap of believing so. Many Non Natives are for helping the Lakotah Nation stand again, Most I have met strongly revere First Nations people above themselves. But that kind of racism is not right either and has brought about the Nobel Savage sterotypes forcing us to behave better than they do..

We need to remember what was done to us, take action, move forward.. and Not allow hate to dominate our feelings to bring us to feeling shamed for who we are.

Spirit has taught me in numerous ways to be true to yourself is very important. I am Sad that the US has done this to our culture we can not change the past we can not change the corrupt people. The Hope for us is in our future You want to change the future, you have to change how we raise and take care of our young, We have to reach out to other peoples young who are neglected and abused.. The future is partly with us the real manifestation of your nation to take rise again will come with your young people.

I am not to be confused with a Traditional Lakota spiritual person. But, I am here to help you all out as much as I can, Learn to Love yourself, Take pride in who you are, and allow that love and pride to flow to your brothers and sisters, and all your other relations, teach and live good principle... change will come :)

- Dana
"DNatureofDTrain"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:24 pm 

Disgusting thug regime! Give back the Black Hills!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:19 am 

Aaron Huey's video is compelling and speaks the truth. Unforunately no occupying power has ever given back land to the conquered and oppressed unless forced to do so. Since the cause is moral and compelling, i would like to suggest an approach and strategy to forcing the U.S. to give back the Black hills and maybe more to the Lakota nation.

There are many peace groups in this country that will practice civil disobedience for a variety of moral causes. I have met people who traveled to Central America during Reagan's war on Nicaragua and El Salvador, who risked their lives to guard borders to try and prevent more bloodshed. They didn’t stop the war but it did reduce support for the conflict and their activism eventually persuaded Congress to cut off funding to the contras.

I suggest that the Lakota people with the help of allies throughout the U.S. organize peace activists who would conduct civil disobedience along what the border of the Lakota lands should be based upon the treaty. Or given that that border would be quite large, maybe start along the Black Hills area. This is something I would be very willing to work on. I am sure there are many people throughout the U.S. that would join such a movement. Forcing the government to give back the Black hills is the only way this would ever occur.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:35 am 

Excellent lecture told in the words and phrases easily understood by everyone.
A simple and short reminder of how U.S.A. broke every treaty they've made. Something my people knows too well, also.

http://sites.google.com/site/zvezdaraforest/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:05 am 

Hau Caliburn... be greeted i would like to know more of this conflict that you speak of... here in america such things are mostly reported by the mainstream media and its hard to get a true understanding of what is happening with other Indigenous People around the world... be well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:00 pm 

We cannot change the past and shouldn't dwell on it, but we can change and make the most of now by looking to the future. The US government will always do things you dont want them to, and they will always want more and more from you, so you have to build more for yaself so when they take more you have more to give and therefore have more for yourself leftover afterward.
There is always someone worse off than you, you had youre lands and lives taken, my government took more, they took my soul, being telepathic with all life and they follow and survey me wherever i go due to reasons of the supernatural. You have more freedom than I, all i have is a few possession and a home to rent from the govt who took my soul and stay within such wherever i go. If i go on holiday theyll be following me with military and all sorts of technology and people, if i go to the countryside they are always following me, so i wrote a book about them and all their other harms, harassment's and dirty tricks they sent my way. I'm getting the better of them and spirit took some of them away from this planet just for me, i dont want to describe how but yeah even governments can be beaten by one man, hope you can too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:07 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tEuaj4h8dw

12:20 - the last chapter, in any sucessful genocide, is when the opressors can finally remove their hands, point to others, and say 'my god, what are these people doing to themselves....' -

i think that a very important question, perhaps The Most Important Question is;

if given, much less inspired and shown how to make for themselves, machine and farming resources, to make their own way, and make their own nations foundations, resources and infrastructure, would they?

or at this stage in the history, after nearly 100(?) years of constant opressions and puttings-down of one sort or another, would they rather make primitive cudgels and moonshine stills to kill eachother and drink themselves to death ?

From the pictures aaron has taken, disparate as they may be, there seems to me, to be enough metal trash about to use, with a minimal infrastructure tools spread (a minimal blacksmith shop; a decent anvil, a decent forge, hammers, a vice, and an arc-welding box/safety equipment) to expand to a broader infrastructures tools spread, and eventualy to other resources, such as the beginnings of a power net independant of the main white-populace power grids, and production of vehicles, if so desired, independant of corporate automotive and Big Oil cartels.

As beneficial as it would be to give native americans enough to create their own infrastructures, it would still be pointless if they were so broken-spirited, as to be willing only to use any given resources, to commit suicide in larger, and faster, and more creative ways.

you can lead a horse to water, but no matter how beneficial it may be to him, you cannot make him drink.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:09 pm 

swrg it seems to me that those Native Nations and Peoples that have truly taken back the opportunity to utilize their own land and resources to the betterment of their own Peoples have already succeeded because those Native Peoples have rebuilt their Nations with income generated from those lands.

what is understand by many Indigenous People including myself is that We the Native Peoples and Nations have the right to self-determination as human beings and in that self-determination according to International Law we have rights to use the land and resources that we have lived upon for tens of thousands of years and also to tax those who chose to live upon our lands and utilize that land to generate a living for themselves because the simple legal fact remains that these lands have and always will belong to Native Nations.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:19 pm 

Thank you for posting this, it is good to remind all the people of the land, so they never forget.

I cannot express this sadness in my heart; life before and after the unspeakable. What a profound way to measure of grief and loss.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:18 am 

Came here to post this, as I saw the talk last night while putting my daughter to sleep (we often watch Ted talks together).

I'm kindred to Aaron Huey, living the paradox as others are: being born wasichu and knowing nothing else, until we were given a glimpse of the great mystery and the beautiful ways of the First Nations peoples.

This is the central truth that the wasichu society is currently struggling to learn, as our global ecosystems struggle under the oppression of mass-consumerism:

"The more you take, the more you need..."

Greed may surely be the undoing of wasichu, as was predicted by many First-Nations visionaries, whose words have helped guide me and many others away from the path of wasichu and towards a more fulfilling and harmonious life with all our relatives on Earth. The way of wasichu ensnares you in a web of illusions, and when changes come you cannot run or adapt as human beings have done since the dawn of our dreams.

To see that such suffering continues in the Black Hills is a deep thorn in my heart. I don't believe I will ever fully live until I've taken some amount of responsibility for what has happened to the Lakotah people. I believe that spiritually, this is the case for all Wasichu - we will never truly be able to live or prosper until we have achieved some measure of reconciliation with our Lakotah brothers. We have to hope that this day will come, even if it takes the downfall of the current way of life for most people in America, due to their own greed, ignorance, and folly.

Yhva-Yweh

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:22 am 

I just ran across this and the images are very powerful especially when you learn their source. Native Peoples still waiting for the US to:

Honor the Treaties

http://vimeo.com/47043218

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:49 am 

i got two of these posters from one of the treaty meetings last year and gave them both away because someone admired them.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]