It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:02 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Looking for a suggestion
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:12 pm 

We have all seen many different agendas on this forum .... I am not certain what direction those that watch over this site want the members to go in .... so if admin has suggestions, maybe we can all attempt to stay with in the boundries of the subjects that admin wants to see. toksa ake

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Looking for a suggestion
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:25 pm 

I agree, but why were all the recent posts disposed of? It makes it hard to revisit previous subjects as often done of this forum. A lot of dialogue was erased. I can't exactly pin point what was being done here, but I think instead of attracting long time users to this forum, this irregular cleansing could be scaring many of them away. I understand that you all want to draw a new fresh crowd into the site, primarily of Lakotah. But I must note that it is perturbing many of the veteran users. I've seen posts pre-cleansing from quite a few members who said they were gonna kick the boot if any more of their posts were deleted. Maybe it would've been too time consuming to delete specific posts, I have no clue, but I think deleting old posts was enough. Maybe weeding out a few new ones that weren't well liked, but all of them? Hmm, I don't know, just my opinion :).

Sincerely,

Walli

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:41 pm 

It's not the first time this has happened on this site,and this one doubts it will be the last.We could start by resisting the tide of 'Goog e-isation',(by which is meant the attempted dominance of the info-verse by corporate and media concerns- a foolish dream harboured by the lunatic fringe of command and control freaks who would tax rainfall by the droplet were it possible),and BAN THE BOTS!
It's difficult enough distinguishing fact from fiction amongst 'regular' members.This one(Thermlin)has been around this site for long enough to recognise when a 'new' member is really just a kicked member who has re-enlisted under a new guise and continues to promote the views that led to the initial kick\ban.A fruitless and redundant exercise which results in scads of verbiage and ,presumably,an inflated sense of self-importance.Nothing wrong with that.Better the Troll you recognise and disregard than the unfortunate who is kicked for holding an unpopular
viewpoint without recourse to expression.
This trend will perhaps be apparent to many of the more 'long lived members',and no doubt exist on other Forums(Fora?)to an equal degree.
But for newer members it will must be more difficult to distinguish between the 'genuine' and the 'false.'And this is counter-productive to
the overall aims and objectives of the ROL.
For all the slick work done on the makeover instituted a few years back,this site seems to lack the 'heart' of the old.Sorry if that stings ,admin,but no doubt a bot somewhere is even now sifting through
the 'deleted' posts looking for key phrases and posts to attribute to some new and as yet un-named avatar/troll-bot.The horror!The horror!

Toksa ake.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:49 pm 

how about...put up a shot of the Turtle taken from space and poll members to locate SD/ROL ?
Re -instate some variation of the elf keebler.often a hasty post uses ill considered wording,or is plain embarassing in hindsight.This one feels keenly that all have the right to have their voices heard,no matter how repugnant the view point... and when pruneing,they can be the first to go.
If'n we cant get back the chat room then at least a shout box... or better yetthe old microforum setup... yeah,yeah...dream on...

Toksa Ake

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:53 am 

I would really like a chat room, think that would be a cool concept. However, something in my heart tells me it wouldn't go so well. Did anyone think of actually increasing the amount of computers on the rez and signing people up on here that way? Maybe if there were more Lakotah the trollz would simply be drowned out. I don't know, just a thought as usual :/.

Update:

By the way gotta agree with Thermlin on the google and yahoo bot thing. Those things scare the living shit out of me. I'm pretty sure half of them are trolls, government snitches, and government hired assassins. I seriously think those damn things should be removed at once.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:34 pm 

Dating room? Seriously that's just god awful.

Hmmm and thanks for the DLN Coalition website helped out lots. I see the problem now. However, I don't think this website will be used for its intended purpose until lots more DLN become members.

I know they are working on a treaty school up there, how about building a reservation library? I know it will take substantial funding, but the library could be the first step. Plenty of public computers and books for people to read. Also a museum would add and excellent touch. I think it should be a goal to make a library that can function as a local community learning center. Could kill two birds with one stone. And get more members on this website. Maybe trying to individually reach each house hold might become difficult.

Doing it this way could attract people to come to you. You know? Is there currently something in the works of this nature? Let me know.

Walli

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:27 pm 

ndnhorseman wrote:
We have all seen many different agendas on this forum .... I am not certain what direction those that watch over this site want the members to go in .... so if admin has suggestions, maybe we can all attempt to stay with in the boundaries of the subjects that admin wants to see. toksa ake
We have all seen many different agendas on this forum .... I am not certain what direction those that watch over this site want the members to go in .... so if admin has suggestions, maybe we can all attempt to stay with in the boundaries of the subjects that admin wants to see. toksa ake

Hello ndnhorseman,

I know that you asked for suggestions from admin and I am certainly not one of those but I was wondering if a book list could be established? One that is set by ROL and that any other books must be approved by the ROL before reaching the list? The books that you recommended for me in a PM were, to say the least, quite informative and all but one were new to me. I am still hesitating on the two that deal with religion, beliefs and rituals because it seems that those three subjects and language are about all american society didn't steal from you.

The more I read of Vine Deloria the more awestruck I become. After reading God Is Red I see that my early skepticism and nonacceptance of christianity was totally justified.

Since you sent me the titles to the books in a PM I have not named them, but you did say "Anything by Vine Deloria" is the reason I mentioned God Is Red.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:35 pm 

Thanks ,Dakod.Thumbs up on a truly awesome site.
Stickin it to the man,...oh yeah!
and yes, why not a bibliography?isbn usually helps,but title/author/publisher and edition also work
get enough and there may even be enough to tempt
an enterprising programmer to become re-acquainted with the intricacies of search engine design,construction and mangement.(bugman?).
ndn,be sovereign,thiis ones understanding.

Attachments:
1317424612205 oh yeah high fi...oh forget it.jpg
1317424612205 oh yeah high fi...oh forget it.jpg [ 29.97 KiB | Viewed 5110 times ]
1317425328708.jpg
1317425328708.jpg [ 21.28 KiB | Viewed 5110 times ]

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]