It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Silence before speaking
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:24 pm 

I'm Graybear,two ears,one mouth,some what normal.Problem is I don't hear enough Lakoda language to learn it.I've heard a couple elders speak,and Russel Means U tubes,but thats it,written words don't help much.I learned some Lotus Sutra chapters,written in English letters.I don't read Chinese,nor Sanskrit.I learned by listening to tapes,and reciting with other people.The script meaning in English on paper.I thought about getting Lakhotiya Woglaka po Consortium book by Jan Ullrich,and Frantisek Valer.Also audio form by Oglada Lakota College.Would this be a good start? I got my name Graybear by trying to write a fiction book about the Mounds people in the Ohio River area.Some of the main charters were Onefoot,and Graybear.Graybear a young mans adventures,and quest to learn his animal spirit.Anyway his animal spirit was a gray tip Grizzly.Through my studies of bears I felt a kinship.So I adopted his spirit name.I now thirty years later look the part.Never finished the book it didn't have enough Indian culture.
I'm the new kid on the block and have lots to learn about Lakota,any help would be appreciated.I'm a nature lover,plumber, electrician,wood butcher,learning the industrial hemp business, and put appreciation and integrity first.I'm married,raising a daughter three grand kids a dog and two cats. Benefit to you all! Jim Graybear Weldon

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]