It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 18 posts ]
 Post subject: Russell Means walks on
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:27 pm 

We all knew it would happen because it happens to everyone. He is now with his ancestors and I hope he made the journey knowing that so many loved, respected and honored him:

http://www.russellmeansfreedom.com/2012 ... ls-family/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Russell Means walks on
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:43 pm 

Boo-shoo! We are so so blessed to have had our Brother Russell Means and for the
great work that he accomplished. My sincere condolences go out to the family
and tribe at this time. Mitakuye Oyasin

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:45 pm 

NOW we can say the world is a much poorer place since Russell Means went to be with his ancestors. Lots of famous and many good people have passed on but, when I heard that Russell had passed on, I actually felt a real loss inside. So much wisdom and knowledge of his native language is now gone. Nobody can take his place but, who can carry the burdens he carried and who can lead as he did?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:38 pm 

What are We all going to do for a Leader NOW? Pray to the Grandfathers,and Grandmothers, to Tunkanshila, Someone Must Step forward, someone who sat at His feet,
so to say, someone Motivated enough to Keep Up all the Good Work He was always doing!
I want to send My Most Sincere Condolences to His Immediate Family, as I know , Grief can take a Long Time to go through!
Please know that I am always praying for the Entire Family,as I was taught to by Little Crow, NOT for Myself, But , for All of My Relations,
of which His Family is absolutely Included, and all of the Brothers and Sisters on the Pine Ridge Reservation,I keep You in My thoughts,and My heart,Always .

Russel Means was the Closest thing to a Real American Hero I have ever seen! If You have not read "Where White Men Fear to Tread",
Do Yourself a Favor,, even if You have to Borrow it!
I will continue to Pray for All of My Relations on the Rez,and Every other One , Until I Go Home , Just like Russel just did ,sure wish He was My Dad!

Pila Miya, Mariahson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:20 am 

Russell Means touched us all. I am so fortunate that I was able to plug in to his message of freedom and dignity for all peoples. I will continue to follow his dream, as I know people from all walks of life will.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:21 pm 

I will not say good-bye to my friend but that I will see him one day. Russell Means achieved the status of a human being, rarely seen these days and times. Russell's family are in our family's thoughts and prayers. We mourn the loss of a great man yet rejoice that he is with our ancestors. Truly this world becomes a bit darker with his passing and the next world a bit brighter with his addition.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:44 pm 

I am so sorry about this.I just found out.He was my hero.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:48 pm 

"A very sad day for us..... A great party day in heaven. His voice became part of the wind who sorrows by night..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybnvPEktpMI

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:36 am 

He will be missed in this life.Such a honorable man and his deeds speak for him.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Russell Means walks o
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:30 am 

Mankind has lost another great warrior and he will be missed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:27 am 

This news hurts my heart. He had just told everyone that he cheated death. I wish that he had went to some kind of doctor. This may have been avoidable. The loss of a life young or old is always tragic. I hope another great person can take his place as a facilitator.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:21 am 

Wali, I support Leski Rusell with his decision to not see a doctor. This is why. Now days people are afraid of that final journey. It is a part of life, and is nothing to be afraid of. When my grandmother was going through breast cancer she took the Chemo and radiation. She ended up dying a miserable death. She suffered so much from the poison they gave her, the poison of chemo therapy. They wanted to use her as a lab rat. When her lungs kept filling up with fluids, they used a large needle to suck the fluids out of the lungs. The doctors wanted to surgicaly implant a drainage tube into her chest to make their jobs easier. I asked if it would help her and if it would cause her any pain. I was told it would not help her and would be very painful. I was very vocal in my objections ot doing that to her. Unci suffered very much in her final months. It would have been more humane to allow nature work as it should, not to experiment on her.

Death is a part of life and is nothing to be feared. Leski Russell fought a brave battle, as a warrior should. I believe he brought honor to his people in his last battle. Leski Russell is with the wariors of old now. They are laughing and having a good time. His deeds and honor will live on as an inspiration to us all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:52 am 

When it is your time to go nothing or no one can stop it.It was Russell's time to go on into the next world.The spirit world.My father fought a brave fight of colon cancer and is in the spirit world.I know that world exist because I saw my father since he has died just to tell me he loves me.I have also fought colon cancer taking radiation and chemotherapy and it drained me of nearly my life and I lost 30 pounds in a month's time.Now, I am healthy and go the natural way. Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:16 am 

My prayers are with his family and friends.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:21 am 

A very big Hug from Italy to Russell's family!!
You will be ever with Us!

HOKA HEY!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:51 pm 

Friday, November 9, 2012
Pearl Means: Honoring Russell Means

The next honoring of Russell Means in February

By Pearl Means
Censored News
http://www.bsnorrell.blogspot.com

Hello our relatives. We have completed the four sacred days in preparation for sending Russell Means’ spirit on his journey and his ashes have been scattered at Yellow Thunder in the Lakota sacred holy land, the He Sapa (Black Hills).
On behalf of the family I want to extend our appreciation and gratitude for all of the ceremonies, prayers, good words, and messages that we have received from friends and allies around the world. Russell was a man of the People and we all share in the responsibility of continuing his legacy.
Thank you to Chief Leonard Crow Dog, Russell’s longtime ally and spiritual advisor for officiating the powerful ceremonies that ensured a smooth transition. A heartfelt thank you to the Oglala Sioux Tribe for all of its support during this difficult time. Thank you to the Porcupine District for hosted meals, OST Parks and Recreation for the donation of buffalo meat and to the beautiful people who prepared all of the delicious meals. Thank you to the horseback riders, the singers and the security teams. Thank you to all of the people who brought star quilts and other gifts. A giveaway will take place at the next scheduled honoring, February 26, 2013.
The scheduled Honorings are as follows:
*February 27, 2013 @ Wounded Knee ‘73 Liberation 40th Anniversary Wounded Knee, Pine Ridge Sioux Indian Reservation, South Dakota
*June 2013 (new moon) Russell Means’ annual Sun Dance – Wind Cave National Park, South Dakota
*November 10, 2013 (Russell Means’ birthday) - Denver, CO (facility to be determined)
As my husband often said, “May the Great Mystery continue to guide and protect the paths of you and your loved ones.”
Pearl Means
PO Box 99
Porcupine, Republic of Lakotah

http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2012/11/p ... means.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:51 am 

This is bad year for Lacotah oyate.This is a big loss for all of us.Part of me die whit leksi Russel death.But I hope that his dream to see the fredom of lacotah one day will be reality.
Whit wounded heard
Ivan Yellow wolf
Mitakuye oyasin

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:34 pm 

“Russell Means will be remembered as a great individual who not only began things, but was around long enough to finish many of his projects. Because of that, thousands of people have learned to carry on the Movement,” said Dennis Banks, co-founder of the American Indian Movement, who arrived from Japan late last week to be present at Sunday's memorial service.

http://www.nativenewsnetwork.com/aim-le ... ornia.html

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 18 posts ]