It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:41 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Chief Sitting Bull
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:53 pm 

"Hear me people:We now with have to deal with another race-small and feeble when our fathers first met them,but now great and overbearing.Strangely enough they have a mind to till the soil and the love of possessions is a disease with them.These people have many rules which the rich may break but the poor may not.They take their tithes from the poor and weak to support the rich and those who rule". Chief Sitting Bull,speaking at the Powder River Conference,1877.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Chief Sitting Bull
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:03 pm 

There are things they tell us that sound good to hear, but when they have accomplished their purpose they will go home and will not try to fulfill our agreements with them.Another quote from Sitting Bull. Same old song and dance from the politicians today.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:36 am 

a friend from Mississippi told me she knew how Sitting Bull got his name, that he was hunting buffalo and a bull starting running straight at him and he started running away from the bull and ran till he couldnt run anymore, so he turned toward the bull and the bull stopped and sat down instead of goring him, if this is true i dont know and i didnt ask her, is this correct?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:25 pm 

I don't know if that is how Sitting Bull got his name but I have honored him and Chief Joseph for years.I have pictures of the both of them on my walls.This may sound crazy but I have always thought Chief Joseph was a handsome man.I found a newspaper article in an old barn 25-30 years ago.It was from the 1880's. It talked about Sitting Bull.My ex-husband got it somehow during the divorce.I wish I could get it back but I don't think he would have the heart to give it to me.I know he still has it.Jennifer

Last edited by Craig on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:30 am 

i was struck with the pain in Chief Josephs eyes,

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:48 pm 

Yeah, Chief Joseph did have sad eyes when he got older.He kept hoping that things would change but the US government did so much injustices to him and his people that he died of a broken heart.He was a good man.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:26 pm 

From Chief Joseph;I have carried a heavy load on my back ever since I was a boy.I realized then that we could not hold our own with the white man.We were like deer.They were like grizzly bears.We had small country .Their country was large.We were contented to let things remain as the Great Spirit Chief made them.They were not, and would change the rivers and the mountains if they did not suit them. If you tie a horse to a stake,do you expect him to grow fat?If you pen an Indian up on a small spot of earth and compel him to stay there,he will not be contented,nor will he grow and prosper.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 pm 

From Chief Sitting Bull;........If we must die,we die defending our rights.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]