Here are two more....

Attachments:
Eagle Elk.jpg
Eagle Elk.jpg [ 22.81 KiB | Viewed 4583 times ]
Elk Boy 1907 Oglala.jpg
Elk Boy 1907 Oglala.jpg [ 77.35 KiB | Viewed 4584 times ]

Post subject: Re: Eagle Elk and Elk Boy
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:10 pm 

People seem today to misunderstand how to be cured.They go see a doctor or a medicine man and they never think of that doctor or medicine man.They just take the medicine and they and don't think much about the medicine or their body.When a person takes medicine they need to understand that medicines are people.You need to treat them like people that you invite into your home or like in this case your body.You need to welcome them into your body by talking to them,telling them you are happy that they come to help you.You also need to talk to your body and ask it to welcome the medicine.We are made up of body,spirit,and our destiny,but our body is intelligent and has a spirit that understands.When you talk to your body say "I know you get real tired.I know I have not treated you too good and I ask you to forgive me for this,but we have a friend who is going to help us.Here is a medicine I am going to take,so I ask you to give him a hand,help him and you will feel better." Sometimes we try to keep our hurts and pains.Sometimes it does not want to leave us.This medicine is our friend and can help, so help the medicine.Then tell the medicine you have talked to your body and ask the medicine to help you.The medicine and the body need to be friends.From Joseph Eagle Elk Lakota Medicine Man 1931-1991

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]