It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: A Reply for Women Are Sacred
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:53 pm 

I noticed there are no replies to this topic? My childhood was typical. Could have been better. Could have been worse. My dad always told me (among other things) when I was growing up; "Behind every good man is a good woman." The opposite would also be true since we are polorized beings. It gives the saying, "It takes two", a little more meaning. People need to work together. Human beings have become too materialistic and "me" centered. People don't seem to have any awareness.
Thunderbear

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A Reply for Women Are Sacred
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:16 pm 

Hau,Thunderbear.
Ball rolling.Many thanks.
Toksa ake.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:48 pm 

A very wise man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH29NiK1dUE&feature=relmfu I pick up that much of his spirituality mirrors ndn spirituality.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:10 pm 

This is a plea as a grandmother for everyone to please to sign the letter of support to return the 5000 Indian children back to their families.The children in this picture are my 3 youngest grandchildren and I wouldn't want anything to happen to my precious babies.I wouldn't want anyone to take them away from us.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:57 pm 

Jennifer, here is the link with the story and petition:
http://www.republicoflakotah.com/2012/s ... hildren-2/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:12 pm 

Thanks,Lostspirit for the link.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:09 pm 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/21/kim-lee-domestic-violence_n_1442559.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D153991 Sadly, violence against women occurs everywhere. It is not exclusive to any one culture, religion, or creed. Women are sacred but we are also human and expect to be treated with dignity and respect by all. Of utmost importance is for all men is to demonstrate favorable behavior towards women fore they are role models for the young. Women also have responsibility to stop violence and disrespect towards themselves by standing up for themselves and their sisters. http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/battered-woman

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:15 pm 

Sometimes standing up for yourself can make things worse.Leave the man before you get beat up so bad you end up in the hospital or wind up dead.If you have children by him,take the children and go to a woman's shelter.The children don't need to keep seeing this or they might be abusers when they get grown.The children could also meet someone in a relationship that abuses them and think that is normal because of the way they grew up. The cycle can continue.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]