It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Mark Twain and de Soto
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:59 pm 

the republicans are obnoxious and the democrats are wimps.....Mark Twain
i think about the Bill Clinton inaggeration and i really felt a true love coming from Bill, Hillary,Al and Tipper like America was going to get a million solar roofs and a community spirit, but it was shortlived and turned into a hell of acussations and hatred that i saw affect my teenager and hs friends that i still resent today, the news daily broadcast about the oral sex that became treasonous and none of all those many damn democrat lawyers asked or shouted why in the hell did you keep that damn dress with his ++++ on it if you were his friend, there is a spirit in this land that repulses me in a way i cannot verbalize

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mark Twain and de Soto
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:28 am 

pahanna, I agree with both you and Mark Twain. I use to be wonder why Hilary did not leave Bill after that debacle; but then I realized she is just as corrupt as he. Most politicians are ruthless, moraless sob's; thats the name of the game and if they weren't they wouldn't be where they are at. Its all, as far as I'm concerned, a sick game. They care nothing for the people. Do you understand why so many of us whites envy ndn's and their spirituality and inborn ethics? We don't have that in the white race. Look at our history, or maybe not; I don't want to ruin your day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:53 am 

lilac, i am not sure of who is what in this political circus, i read a article about Tipper trying to rein in the lewd music industry and failing, her babysitter said she went to their house and Tipper was sitting in the yard crying, i kinda think that Bill and Hillary fought and lost and were taken captive unless Bill was undercover all along, i dont know, Al is standing his ground it seems to me, but you know what they say about opinions and the proof is in the pudding

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:48 pm 

i was watching History Channel back 10 yrs or so and it was a about the Little Big Horn battle, but it focused on Custer and Grant, they said that Grant owed money to Custers brother and that Custer was going to use his fame as a Indian fighter to run for President, it said that 2 other regiments were there 2 go in and didnt, their was a congreesional inquiry of the 2 commanders who said they didnt hear the battle, one of the commanders was acquited of treason, the people who made the documentary implied that Grant set up Custer , i read a history book written by a DR. Alexander in Charlotte,NC about the Reconstruction period, i remember him stating how glad he was that Sitting Bull took down Custer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:46 pm 

I read somewhere that Custer was always on an ego trip.Some people thought of him and his wife the same way as some people think of the stars of today.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:54 pm 

pahanna, I live 14 miles from Galena, IL which is where Grant spent a short time as a young man (the citizens of that town built him a mansion after the civil war which he never lived in which is now a "museum." Anyway due to growing up in "Grant territory" I have read much regarding him and all I can say is that at one time I admired the man but after researching his life, particularly the years he was prez, well I think his "glory days" of the civil war were long over.
Quote:
In his first inaugural address, Grant pledged to rethink the treatment of Native Americans, referring to them as "the original occupants of this land." He wanted to shift federal Indian policy toward what became known as the Peace Policy. This approach attempted to move Indians closer to white civilization (and ultimately U.S. citizenship) by housing them on reservations and helping them become farmers. To address corruption in federal Indian affairs, Grant created a new Board of Indian Commissioners headed by philanthropic leaders. The board recommended the government stop using political appointees as Indian agents. Grant adopted that recommendation and turned to missionaries—especially Quakers—and Army personnel to serve as agents.
However, these changes fell short of radically altering conditions for Native Americans in the United States. White settlers, with governmental support, continued to push Indians aside to take land, and they relied on the Army to prevent Indian attacks. At the same time, Native Americans on reservations had little chance of creating farms out of desolate pieces of land and were beset by poverty and desperation. While Grant's approach marked an improvement in U.S. Indian policy, it is remembered more for its good intentions than for lasting changes. http://millercenter.org/president/grant/essays/biography/4

How could one have native people's best interest in mind by sending army personnel and Quakers to serve as agents. History shows they screwed ndn's over big time. I wouldn't doubt for a moment that Grant was glad Custer was taken down by Sitting Bull; not for the ndn cause but because his disdain for Custer was so great. As for Custer, he was a "rock star" of the times. He graduated very low in his class from West Point however won his fame and glory thru his battle smarts during the civil war. Unfortunately for him, he was not smart enough to take on the real warriors.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:21 pm 

Custer's last stand http://www.sonofthesouth.net/union-gene ... -stand.htm I found this picture on the left.It is little but it is of Chief Joseph,Sitting Bull,Geronimo and I believe the person on the right is Russell Means.I could be wrong.Mt.Rushmore is in the background.The caption of it says The Founding Fathers.Could someone tell me how to go about making it big on the screen so everyone can see it better?Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mark Twain and de Soto.
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:50 am 

Custer split his regiment into 3 colums. Custer took one, Major Reno had one, and major Benteen the other. There were less than 700 men in the whole regiment. EAch colum was to attack the village from different sides. Custer expected the village to flee and he could pick off the stragglers. Instead of running, the village attacked. Benteen and Reno managed to find high ground and hold off the attack, barely. Custer was caught in a draw, and all in his colum died. If the battle had lasted another day, the entire regiment would have perished. As it was, Both Major Reno and Benteen suffered heavy losses.

There is a book by Joseph Dixon. It has the accounts from both, custers remaining scouts as well as Lakotah who were there. Dixon wrote the book aroung 1910. Wish I had my books with me, I could give more info, such as the title of the book.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:58 am 

Jennifer, I pray I live to see the day when the "original" is replaced with the founding fathers in the forefront. It must be so painful to the Lakotah people to have that monstrosity on their sacred ground. Also another insult: Custer State Park. How offensive is that?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:15 pm 

I found out that it is Red Cloud as the man on the right of this picture.How can the imposter founding fathers of America (US Presidents) be the founding fathers of a country when the country was already inhabited by the original founding fathers (the Indians) Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]