It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:59 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Lakotah Library Addition
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:33 pm 

Now, I'm probably beating too many drums by doing this. But I would like to take a moment explain my self. I plan with in a few years to go to the reservation and check it out. I'm quite nervous and scared actually. I don't know how well Native Americans take to blacks. I've heard both sides of the coin tossed, but I choose to be beyond the fear and racial xenophobia any person or race has for me. I am determined and on a mission to help all people of all colors achieve the best they can achieve, in their own definition of what the best is. I notice we all have one thing in common; we all truly want our youth to be educated. I have called for, several times on this forum, for a library project to be proposed. I don't know if my suggestions are taken seriously, but I think they should be examined. I don't mean a library full of romance novels, harry potter books, and esquire magazines, but rather... a place of learning, examination, and self-growth. A place filled with novels from indigenous histories, a place that stores the language of the Lakotah, and expanse of books. These books should include: Indigenous history, LDN language and grammar, and basic world skills needed.

I have advocated for this library to serve as a hub of education of both children and adults. This is why I think the TREATY school should be expanded to include a community library, and a computer lab that would help more Lakotah individuals to sign up for this website, and participate in the democratic process. With all this being said, I know this may be a bit much, and if I have over stepped my boundaries as a non-Lakotan I am sorry. However, I could not turn a blind eye to this subject, I am too passionate about all people having and receiving an education. I would also like to add, that if there are already plans for such a project then let me know. All in all, this was done in good heart to get an opinion and a status on all such projects being proposed by the LDN.

Sincerely,

Walli

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: 1
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:15 am 

Hiya.Nice board . My 1st time on www.republicoflakotah.com!!!!!.Looks like a pleasent group here.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Lakotah Library Addition
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:35 am 

I'm Italian. I'm ready to offer books and good stuff to support Your idea.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Lakotah Library Addition
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:59 am 

If the library is supposed to happen our Creator will find a way.When things come smoothly it is in his plans. I am all for helping children to read and learn.Let me know if I can help.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]