Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Re: No Medals for Massacre: Close the Open Wound of Wounded Knee
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:33 am 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joseph-hu ... 64709.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:30 am 

hau ghostwarrior,

I signed the petition that went with the article. I think I have signed as many petitions to rescind the the medals as I have to free Lenard Peltier and I will keep on signing them until justice is done, or die trying.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:29 am 

hau lostspirt thank you my friend.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:25 pm 

me to ghostwarrior, i went to see Miracle in 96 and was sitting in the pasture when a woman came walking up the path and the same time Miracle got up and came to the feed trough, they spent time together and Miracle went back to other buffalo, i went to the woman and said from my observation Miracle came to visit with you, the young woman said, yea i know, this is ithe second time i have visited her, i had a dream about her before she was born, she said she was Navaho

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:11 am 

hau pahanna thank you for signing the petition. it is my own thought and that of many others that i have spoken with that there can and never will be any peace or reconciliation between our two nations unless there is an admission of guilt and a formal apology which includes rescinding those united states congressional medals of dishonor and removing that battle streamer entitled wounded knee from the official us army flag.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:18 am 

hau mitakuyapi friends and relatives please sign and share the following petition with your friends and family.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/No_Med ... unded_Knee

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:30 am 

hau ghostwarrior,

Today I took the time to read the full text of the petition: "As representatives of the Minneconjou (and now Oglala), and citizens around the world, we humbly request your support as Commander-in-Chief to assist in the revocation of at least eighteen Medals of Honor, awarded to soldiers who participated in the Wounded Knee Massacre of 1890, where between 165 and 300 unarmed native men, women and children were slaughtered. Honoring the authors of this massacre is a smear upon the honor of all, and diminishes the value of the Medal award to others for their legitimate valor and sacrifice. We also need a proper memorial at Wounded Knee, one that contains the correct names of the victims (such as Chief Spotted Elk) and leaves out no one. The House and Senate have already agreed to support such a memorial in prior resolutions, but twenty-three years later, even while Wounded Knee is a National Historic Landmark, nothing has been done."

Two things about this petition has me scratching my head. The first is the last sentence of the petition, especially since the wasichu robber that owns the land adjacent to the cemetery wants the Oglala Sioux Tribe to pay him 4 million dollars at the tune of $7,000 an acre. Where's the money from the criminal usa? The L/D/N have already paid their part in blood, tears, emotional pain and poverty for generations . The second is why this or another like it not on the buffalo soldier's petition site at whitehouse.gov? I'd like to see THAT one go worldwide.

http://news.msn.com/us/landowner-asks-d ... -knee-site

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:28 pm 

hau lostpirt there was one on the whitehouse.gov site but there is a time limit and there just weren't enough people willing to put their signatures on the petition. i said a long time ago we were getting set up and we were the irs extorted 2.3 million dollars from crow creek in bogus tax debt after seizing 11 square miles of dakota territory and then auctioning it off to the highest bidder it is my thought it would have been better had we did what we may have to do with this XLT pipeline and then pe sla was "purchased" and now this guy is asking for 4 million dollars for land that was stolen and is currently illegally occupied by americans.

the buffalo soldier obama and the wasicun in the united states congress don't understand the level of committment i see in the People with regards to that black snake of death known as the transcanada xlt pipeline trying to slither across our homelands because it is either we kill it or it kills us. the other fact not registering on those blind fools in washington is that colonial councils and the ira politicians represent a very SMALL portion of the people and do not accurately reflect the true level of hostility across our lands towards both the americans and the flawed ira systems that disregard the voice and the will of the People by hiding behind american "standards" of leadership and government.

all these thoughts prompted me to ask this question of a koda of mine:

"who the *uck buys back their own stolen land?"

his answer...

"reservation p.o.w's."

:shock: :o :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:52 pm 

ghostwarrior wrote:
hau lostpirt there was one on the whitehouse.gov site but there is a time limit and there just weren't enough people willing to put their signatures on the petition.
I wish I had known about it but whitehouse.gov gets even less attention from me than facebook. We both know that this is going to be something that has to be done again and again so when there's another one I'd appreciate it if you post them here. I want those medals rescinded.
ghostwarrior wrote:
now this guy is asking for 4 million dollars for land that was stolen and is currently illegally occupied by americans.
Could not believe the gall and greed mixture of this ass.
ghostwarrior wrote:
the buffalo soldier obama and the wasicun in the united states congress don't understand the level of committment i see in the People with regards to that black snake of death known as the transcanada xlt pipeline trying to slither across our homelands because it is either we kill it or it kills us.
ghostwarrior I am of european decent and not of the People. But slowly people all over this land are realizing that we either stop the pipeline and the tar sands development or we die. So the People and all the First Nations are not alone in wanting this stopped, dead in the water stopped.

As far as pe' sla, I worked really hard keeping your link going and was a bit irritated by your last answer on that link, but when you posted
ghostwarrior wrote:
all these thoughts prompted me to ask this question of a koda of mine:

"who the *uck buys back their own stolen land?"

his answer...

"reservation p.o.w's."
I had to re-examine and :shock: :o :lol: are exactly right, and least for my irritation. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 am 

hau lostspirit a good day to you my friend. i understand this irritation that you speak of for i myself had to more closely examine the concept of what it exactly means from our own worldview that one does not sell the land the People walk upon and after much thought it came to me that if one cannot sell the land then one cannot buy the land either. I also said long ago in this forum that we the People were getting set up when the united states internal revenue service illegally seized 11 square miles of dakota territory...if we failed to save the land then there is the precedent for illegally legally stealing land AGAIN and it would have also meant invasion by the state of south dakota and the united states in that our own customs, traditions, and even "constitutions" and "law and order codes" would have been superceded by foreign american standards of what it is to be a human being that would have been illegally forced upon us on our own homelands in yet another act of the American Holocaust...AND if we won then the precedent is set for the People to buy land. As you can see with your own eyes by recent events the strategy is playing out quite well for the americans across "indian country".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:09 am 

ghostwarrior wrote:
i understand this irritation that you speak of for i myself had to more closely examine the concept of what it exactly means from our own worldview that one does not sell the land the People walk upon and after much thought it came to me that if one cannot sell the land then one cannot buy the land either. I also said long ago in this forum that we the People were getting set up when the united states internal revenue service illegally seized 11 square miles of dakota territory...if we failed to save the land then there is the precedent for illegally legally stealing land AGAIN and it would have also meant invasion by the state of south dakota and the united states in that our own customs, traditions, and even "constitutions" and "law and order codes" would have been superceded by foreign american standards of what it is to be a human being that would have been illegally forced upon us on our own homelands in yet another act of the American Holocaust...AND if we won then the precedent is set for the People to buy land. As you can see with your own eyes by recent events the strategy is playing out quite well for the americans across "indian country".
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just."....................Thomas Jeferson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:07 pm 

ImageEvery year, the 300,000-strong Western Arctic Caribou Herd surges over the hills of the Western Arctic to traditional calving grounds. I’ve been fortunate enough to watch this epic migration take place, and to see the wolves and grizzly bears that follow these herds.

And, with the latest news out of D.C., we’ve taken a major step towards ensuring that this spectacular and ancient annual journey can continue for years to come.

Thanks to your efforts, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar this week formally adopted the first comprehensive plan for the National Petroleum Reserve–Alaska, the largest single unit of public land in the U.S., located on Alaska’s North Slope and almost 22 million acres in size.

The final plan adds protection for five unique Special Areas including Teshekpuk Lake, Utukok Uplands, Kasegaluk Lagoon, Peard Bay, and the Colville River, which are critical to fish, wildlife, recreation and Alaska Native subsistence. The announcement of the final Integrated Activity Plan wraps up a multiyear planning process, and takes a major step toward conservation of the Western Arctic.

The places with new protections have long been the focus of conservation advocacy and some, like the Teshekpuk Lake area, so critical for the nation’s migratory birds, have been protected from drilling up until now by our litigation efforts. There’s more to do, but this week’s decision is a major milestone.

More than 400,000 Americans, including YOU, called for protection of the wildlife and special places within the Reserve. Yesterday, the government listened.

We appreciate your support as we continue our efforts to protect the unrivaled Arctic ecosystem, its people and wildlife from irreparable damage caused by offshore and onshore oil and gas activity.

Thanks for making these protections possible

hau ghostwarrior, when I got this e-mail I felt good. That is until it got to the part about "more than 400,000" signing. Then I thought about, in comparison to, the small number that sign either Lenard Peltier's petition, the petition to help save Lakota children being stolen from their families or similar petitions to rescind the medals of Wounded Knee. My friend, it was a race for the tears and the need to throw up as shame descended upon me. It is hard to believe that people care more about caribou than Indians or righting a wrong in done 1890 but continues today.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:05 pm 

Its probably more chic to "care more about caribou than Indians or righting a wrong done in 1820 but continues today."

I came across an article written on 12/30/01 by Tim Giago, Founder of the Lakota Times: "Arvol Looking Horse, Keeper of the Sacred Pipe of the Lakota, prays for peace and justice for the descendants of the MASSACRE and he prays that America apologizes to the Lakota for the murderous acts of that day and that the medals of honor for this atrocity be revoked"
http://newspaperarchive.com/wisconsin-s ... 30/page-14

In this one's humble opinion, if they were really sorry they would revoke those goddamn medals.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:49 am 

I have immense admiration and respect for Dr. Lehman Brightman; not only did he have the courage to fight in Korea but he is a man who stands by his convictions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SimEA624 ... creen&NR=1

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]