It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:02 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Frontline and Manifet Destiny
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:49 pm 

I watched the trailer and then read the comment and the whole thing pissed me off. Here is the comment and link:

Atrayo • 2 days ago

The Pine Ridge reservation or Dakota Sioux tribal lands in North Dakota
have endemic poverty. It's like stepping into a 3rd world nation in central
or south America, but in our own backyard. Unfortunately cases like this
don't surprise me due to the chronic high suicide rate of tribal youth.
Their society is under funded, lack of resources, under staffed with
unemployment rates exceeding 50%. Besides high incident rates of alcoholism
due to the corruption surrounding nearby districts selling to the tribes.

Here is the link:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... servation/

Then I wrote:

Where oh where is the investigation of the STATE authorities that take
children out of their homes for profit?

Atrayo, why do you confuse the situation? Pine Ridge is in SOUTH Dakota not
North Dakota. Do you think that it possible that the suicide rate on Pine
Ridge might have something to do with the town of White Clay which sell 4.3
million cans of beer in a town of about 30 people? White Clay exist to keep
the Indians under control as the U. S. Govt. steals their natural
resources, dumps toxic materials on their land and allows the Keystone XL
pipeline to be rerouted through three tribes sovereign territory.

But hey, let's all jump on the band wagon and blame the tribes for all our
failures. Hmm, that does sound familiar doesn't it?

I had two windows opened and on one they printed my comment and on the other they didn't. It is not there now. Frontline is part of the problem, not part of the cure. Because of my anger there are many, many things I did not say that I now wish I had said.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Frontline and Manifet Destiny
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:24 pm 

Quote:
I had two windows opened and on one they printed my comment and on the other they didn't. It is not there now. Frontline is part of the problem, not part of the cure. Because of my anger there are many, many things I did not say that I now wish I had said.

With all due respect, Lostspirit, you can talk to you're blue in the face with so many of the establishment's media reps, but you'll get no where cause they can publish only what they want to publish, and twist words to justify their point of view--been going on for centuries. Me, I don't even bother anymore.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:37 pm 

Lostspirit wrote:
With all due respect, Lostspirit, you can talk to you're blue in the face with so many of the establishment's media reps, but you'll get no where cause they can publish only what they want to publish, and twist words to justify their point of view--been going on for centuries. Me, I don't even bother anymore.

You think I wanted to talk to the a-hole? Others will go to the site. Others should see some kernel of truth. If you don't know north from south you don't know very much in my opinion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:50 pm 

If The People can still fight why should I give up lilac?

I just sent this to Frontline:

I caught your story as a MuckRead off of ProPublica. I watched the trailer and read the lone comment. Then I left a comment of my own. Why was it removed? I used no foul or abusive language. If the person doesn't know N Dakota from S Dakota; Spirit Lake from Pine Ridge then he's a troll. I am not, but I've read much on both subjects. There is something called the NY Times. Are you just another entity of the corporate media keeping us misinformed?

Here is my comment:

Where oh where is the investigation of the STATE authorities that take
children out of their homes for profit?

Atrayo, why do you confuse the situation? Pine Ridge is in SOUTH Dakota not
North Dakota. Do you think that it possible that the suicide rate on Pine
Ridge might have something to do with the town of White Clay which sell 4.3
million cans of beer in a town of about 30 people? White Clay exist to keep
the Indians under control as the U. S. Govt. steals their natural
resources, dumps toxic materials on their land and allows the Keystone XL
pipeline to be rerouted through three tribes sovereign territory.

But hey, let's all jump on the band wagon and blame the tribes for all our
failures. Hmm, that does sound familiar doesn't it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:26 pm 

" Every time an Indigenous woman is found dead, the media immediately spins propaganda that she was a “street worker”, to demean the character of all our women. To control us, they need to create an inferiority complex.
Ridiculing us for entertainment is an old strategy. Our women and children were murdered, their skin taken to make hats and leggings for themselves as a joke. The need to belittle and undervalue is the foundation of US comedy, to make people laugh at the horrible suffering of others. Their culture is designed to induce self-hatred and depression and selling products to cure it."

http://www.bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2012/ ... o-lie.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:39 pm 

Lostspirit wrote:

Well lilac, they put my comment back on and there is at least one other that agrees with me. Would the person have spoken if I had not forced the issue? Who knows but "not bothering" does absolutely nothing and keeps everyone in their place; happy, dumb, stupid and poor.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:41 pm 

Quote:
"not bothering" does absolutely nothing and keeps everyone in their place; happy, dumb, stupid and poor.

Just where they want to keep us. All governments, now and through out history :cry:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:44 pm 

Quote:
" Every time an Indigenous woman is found dead, the media immediately spins propaganda that she was a “street worker”, to demean the character of all our women. To control us, they need to create an inferiority complex.

The catholic church did this with Mary of Magdela. If you look in the the bible you will see she was not a "street worker". And of course it was centuries before they allowed the common man to read the scriptures themselves (actually it took the reformation to allow this; heads did roll for this). Yep, keep em dumb and stupid.
And now they're all riled about the latest "discovery". "Heresies" as Bill O'Reilly calls them http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/09/19/mrs-jesus-did-jesus-really-have-wife/%20 What is this the middle ages? I think opinions or beliefs might have been a better word. Some of them just can't wrap their minds around the concept that Jesus was a man and like any man would want to settle down with a woman. Jesus having sex; burn me at the stake.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:43 pm 

I apologize for bringing up European history on this website. It's probably the last thing anyone would want to read (or care about considering the problems the European colonization mindset has wrought upon indigenous people).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:10 pm 

Comment from Frontline:

"I too find this an outrageous depiction of life on reservations. While child abuse is rampant in this country (Catholic church and all other faiths) these agencies have all the money they need to address the issue, yet they hid the facts. These people suffer from the highest unemployment rates anywhere in the US. I never trust the Bureau of indian affairs, as they are a bunch of racist bigots, who hand out so little in terms of food, shelter, jobs, and medical clinics are non existent. Is this another attempt to denigrate the native american people...I think so."

Not bother my butt. One of the things I truly admire about the Lakotah is that they have fought and keep fighting for their way of life, language and culture. With no disrespect meant lilac, what if anything will you fight for?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:07 pm 

Quote:
One of the things I truly admire about the Lakotah is that they have fought and keep fighting for their way of life, language and culture. With no disrespect meant lilac, what if anything will you fight for?

With all due respect, Lostspirit, I think you know me better than that.
The Lakotah have fought and keep fighting for their way of life; a tremendous feat considering what they have gone through and continue to go through at the hands of the us government and many of it's citizens. And the us government has always and continues to fear their "spirit." Thats why they find any means to demean them; the media being a prime example. The Lakotah and other tribes have their own media outlets and ways of getting words out to their People. They don't need "us" as much as we need them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:52 pm 

lilac wrote:
The Lakotah have fought and keep fighting for their way of life; a tremendous feat considering what they have gone through and continue to go through at the hands of the us government and many of it's citizens. And the us government has always and continues to fear their "spirit." Thats why they find any means to demean them; the media being a prime example. The Lakotah and other tribes have their own media outlets and ways of getting words out to their People. They don't need "us" as much as we need them.

Agreed lilac but that wasn't my question. This is:
Lostspirit wrote:
With no disrespect meant lilac, what if anything will you fight for?
I do not mean for the use of this space to parse and quibble words; to argue; to be european. But I am asking a question. Everyone is raised different but in my family we were taught the only way to deal with a bully was to fight. You may not win but they'll think twice before having another shot at you. It seems to me that if you allow yourself the position of:
lilac wrote:
With all due respect, Lostspirit, you can talk to you're blue in the face with so many of the establishment's media reps, but you'll get no where cause they can publish only what they want to publish, and twist words to justify their point of view--been going on for centuries. Me, I don't even bother anymore
Then you allow them to control your speech. I figured out how to contact Frontline and did so. Even if they remove it they'll have to remove at least the other one. Others will view that page in the future and if both stay maybe, just maybe it will open the minds and hearts of those who want to place all the blame on the People.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:25 pm 

Quote:
I do not mean for the use of this space to parse and quibble words; to argue; to be european. But I am asking a question. Everyone is raised different but in my family we were taught the only way to deal with a bully was to fight. You may not win but they'll think twice before having another shot at you.

If you feel that is your way to fight; then that is your way. I have my ways. End of discussion on my end.

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]