It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:37 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 45 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Save Pe' Sla
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:21 pm 

Hau Thermlin,

I don't know what AHO means but I'll take it to be something good.

'Sol Guy'
Pe'Sla~We Did It

The Oceti Sakowin aka The Great Sioux Nation has just closed the deal and purchased the land. Pe'Sla will be preserved for all future generations.

The Global Tribe has come together and raised $9 million dollars to purchase this sacred site.

These contributions came from around the world. Kindergarten classes, Elders on fixed incomes, Tribes and anonymous donors. We received donations from $5 to $500,000. We ALL did what we could; we did this together.

More important than the money raised, I believe this happened because we stood up for what we believe in, we shared our concern, we were open to learning and we said no.

We are in times of great change, times that the Great Lakota Chief Crazy Horse and others prophesied long ago. Perhaps this Pe'Sla movement is a testament to that prophecy as is our involvement.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, it is an honor and a privilege to play a small part in this historic moment.

Take a minute (literally) to watch this video and if inspired please share this success story in the same way that you shared the original story.

PE'SLA ~ WE DID IT

https://vimeo.com/54625227

Love x Love,

Sol

"In difficult times, a seed of success can create an infinite ripple of possibility"

I just ran across this video:

"That shit is something." "Making Mother Nature your homepage."
http://vimeo.com/53404606

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:10 pm 

LOL what a ridiculous load of colonial propaganda... how is it that its a good thing to buy back what was stolen from you in the first place. As Tasunka Witko said long ago: "One does sell that land upon which the People walk." So if you didn't and can't sell the land from within your own worldview HOW then does one buy land?

What it really did was set a bad example for future generations... just like when the People of Crow Creek were extorted for 2.3 million dollars in bogus tax debt to the united states internal revenue service and now the People of Crow Creek are in debt to the Mdewakanton for 2.3 millon dollars.

What i know is that if you go out and steal something from an american they are not only going to demand that you go to jail they are also going to demand their property back... and the american who had his property stolen ain't going to buy it back either.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:27 pm 

Well, if I remember correctly you, gw, started this thread asking for help. Would it have been better to just let them carve it up and pave it over?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:12 am 

hau lostspirit i also locked the topic which someone felt necessary to unlock BECAUSE as one can clearly see from the the next white man standing with his hand out for millions of dollars it was a mistake and save pe sla was an extremely convoluted and situation normal all fucked up for our People and thats all i have to say about that what i will say is that i heard with my own ears what itancan red cloud's thoughts were and mine and his were very much the same.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:18 am 

unlike most activists i live the words i write and also instill them in the children and grandchildren as values to live their lives by and the story of our People i bring forward is a true and accurate one not one filled with a bunch of phony people and bullshit from the last century when some like now are trying to get our People to "get in where they can fit in.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 45 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3