It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: The Journey of Forgiveness and Healing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:27 pm 

http://www.cherokeehealing.com May 19-26,2012 The Journey of Forgiveness and Healing.There are 2 videos on this site in the home section and the journey section.This site gives powerful insight of the Indian struggles over the years.The video on the journey section will bring tears to your eyes. Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The Journey of Forgiveness and Healing
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:52 pm 

http://www.whitebison.org for more Intergenerational trauma healing.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:53 pm 

Quote:
And that’s what Native American children received: wounds upon their bodies, their minds and their souls. Wounds that, for many, would never heal.

http://madvilletimes.com/2012/10/guest-column-boarding-schools-left-lifelong-mark-on-native-americans/
How can anyone "forgive" those who are not sorry? If those white people up in Rapid City and elsewhere were truly "christian" they would get that but then in their minds all this "took place decades ago". Again, the ndn people put us whites to shame.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:13 pm 

lilac wrote:
Quote:
And that’s what Native American children received: wounds upon their bodies, their minds and their souls. Wounds that, for many, would never heal.

http://madvilletimes.com/2012/10/guest-column-boarding-schools-left-lifelong-mark-on-native-americans/
How can anyone "forgive" those who are not sorry? If those white people up in Rapid City and elsewhere were truly "christian" they would get that but then in their minds all this "took place decades ago". Again, the ndn people put us whites to shame.

Simple, you tell them, "I forgive you."

They may not acknowledge it, but deep in their souls they know that they need to be forgiven for the sins of their fathers.

But more importantly, only with an act of forgiveness can one ever begin to heal what is most scarred. One can never regain what is lost, but one can start afresh with what one has.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:51 pm 

Quote:
But more importantly, only with an act of forgiveness can one ever begin to heal what is most scarred. One can never regain what is lost, but one can start afresh with what one has.

You're right, Downix, and that's whats most important; that the people hurt are able to heal. But it must be so hurtful and difficult to live in a society, especially in a land that was given to the L/D/N for their use, to be constantly attacked with racial slurs and attitudes. And to have to see your children treated that way. They keep rubbing salt in the wounds.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:19 pm 

To forgive is to have a great heart.Racism is such a horrible thing.I keep hoping that one day it won't be anymore.People need to be judged on what's on the inside and not by the outside.Lilac, on your post I saw where the Christians said they were trying to save the pagan savages. Did the Christians realize that Christianity was based on paganism? I don't think so.If you would say that to some Christians today they would say you are a heretic or maybe they would call you a pagan savage.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:49 pm 

Or accuse you of "heresy" 8-) Seriously, when I was growing up kids would take pennies to school (catholic) so classrooms could "adopt" a 'pagan' baby. What a joke. They probably used the money to purchase catechisms rather than food and other necessities. The little 'pagan' babies probably would have been better off if they were given comic books instead.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:25 pm 

Some Christians here where I live are called the Bible thumpers of the South.What the King James version of the bible goes to them.If you say anything against the King James you will have fighting words.They walk around with their eyes closed and they won't help you out if you need help and if you are someone of another color they don't know you.A friend of mine told me today that when she lived in Ohio a Catholic school had burned down and when the mess was being cleaned up they found skeletons of children in the basement that was there before the fire.The Bible thumpers are mild compared to the Catholic religion.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:12 am 

Quote:
But what if it was one of their own?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXBmv7yAEMM

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]