It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:05 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: In defense of the wannabees.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:44 am 

Although written in english,this one(thermlin)is of the opinion that the authors words go a long way towards explaining something of the feelings that inspire many to join this site who are not in anyway physicaly related to oyate/turtle islanders except by virtue of common humanity.As ever,this one may be wrong.

"I no longer feel that exclusivity of belief is neccessary in order to live a genuinely religious life.Indeed,if an Aborigine can absorb the teachings of the gospels into his life,
why can't i absorb those of Marlu,the Great Kangaroo,or the Maletji Law Dogs into mine?"

James G. Cowan Elements of the Aboriginal Tradition 1992{ISBN 1-85230-309-3}

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: In defense of the wannabees.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:25 pm 

In response to Thermlin: Absorbing Christianity, for our people? Why would any of our people adhere to those beliefs, when we have all been given our Original instructions. Most of us have forgotten those instructions. So, there are some of us who continue to grasp at straws. That may be something to consider for Native/Indigenous people as well as non-natives who continue to search for their own indigenous roots. We have always had a direct connection with the Creator, for those who chose to follow. We have never known, or had the need for a "mediator/savior". I have some, but very little understanding of the Dream Time, and the connection to the sacred animals for all indigenous people, which is only a PART of the sacred whole. It seems that James G. Cowan is missing the point, along with the wannabees, and sad to say, our own people as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:54 pm 

Hau mitakuye
One man's folly is another's castle in the air.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:12 pm 

So true, Thermlin.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:28 pm 

....and the serpent devours it's own tail

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:13 pm 

Well there is a great DNA test now for everyone that certainly sorts out the men from the boys..

As far as true spirituality is concerned, it can be found in many nations.

However, most of all in your own spiritual journey.

My first Spirit guide was a Native Indian American and he was with me for five years. His job was to teach me discipline spiritually and ground me into the work. Native Indian spirit guides are very good at that work. They are very good at taming a wild horse.

However, during my extensive spiritual journey over many decades, I also discovered that Great Spirit that some call the Creator, did not give any one nation the whole truth and nothing but the truth. When the people of the nations understand that, it can springboard them into an amazing journey that is catapulted by their humility.

When the people come to know how truly powerful they are, they then live in true humility of that power and use it wisely.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:37 am 

Thermlin,

I hope you're not wrong. I've seen a few wasichu come and go over the past 2 years or so on the forums, now adding Eliakim to that list as it appears she is gone. Ironic that this post could have been in her defense, and yet she stomped all over that opportunity with her blatant, patronizing overtures and convoluted prophecies.

A time was when ideas similar to hers crept in on me as well - perhaps it is the "white guilt" that makes us seek out magical explanations or mystical possibilities for attempting to set aright what history shows us has been so horribly wrong. The injustice, the genocide, lasting suffering. Someone like Eliakim can ease that personal pain by saying she was of the First-Nations in a past life - as admittedly, I once myself believed.

What I learned, though... is that even were that true, if my strange and sometimes terrible dreams as a native man were in fact genetic memories, if the pain I felt when contemplating the suffering of the First-Nations people was in fact some kind of lasting emotional trauma, tracing back to my own death and the death of my loved ones... So What?

Why would I ever bring that to bear in my dialogue with the living blood of the Lakotah people? What relief would that provide, what justice? None, truly - none at all. The most it could do is make me feel better. What I have also learned, though, is that feeling better disallows you from seeking out real justice, relief, change. To be comfortable and content is to fail to acknowledge the continuing abuses of power, the insatiable greed, malice and horror that plagues the first-nations people, and indeed, us all.

Its regrettable that your post was received first by someone such as Eliakim - yet it is telling, also. From my own wasichu-perspective, it seems to me that wannabees need not be defended. I don't "want-to-be" a native man, because that is not what I am. Yet as I strive to become a man myself, I would wish to be one with the dignity, the perseverance, the strength of will of the men whose words humble me each time I come to this place.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:52 pm 

Sad to say,all evidence so far advanced would tend to suggest otherwise.
Ah well,if any lesson has been learned,it is this.Dont try to defend the indefensible.
Fakes and frauds be warned!You will find no help from this quarter.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:55 am 

it is a worldwide issue now, politics=way of life, if you are not aware of the shift that is in motion at this time,then you will in near future, in a peaceful way

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]