It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Russell needs to run for President of Pine Ridge!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:08 am 

This is the message I sent to Russell Means: First let me say I am very glad you are feeling better. With that being said I want to get a clarification about something.

In 2008 I was one of the people who donated to you for President. I assumed you planned on running again but in one of your recent videos I got the impression your vision to create the Republic of Lakotah is separate from Pine Ridge and you are specifically looking for independent recognition from the international community to create a new 'tribe' as opposed to restoring an existing one.

I want to briefly ask please do not go this route. I appreciate your passion, but as long as you feel healthy to lead a movement you have to run for President of Pine Ridge and branch that into the Republic of Lakotah. Trying to get international recognition inside the United States (outside of a currently recognized tribe) is like a third party in this country trying to beat the Republocrats.

I appreciate your conviction, but please reconsider your position. Even if an international country did recognize a new republic do you think the United States government would allow you to create an independent nation within their borders when they have nearly 900 military bases in over a hundred foreign countries? We are the occupiers of the world. They aren't going to let someone 'new' occupy them.

By getting elected through Pine Ridge you have a recognized tribe and legal jurisdiction to make changes as you see fit. I will travel from New York to knock on doors if that's what it takes. You have to form the Republic of Lakotah this way. If you don't physically feel up to leading the charge I understand, but please don't go the unrecognized route. If you're going to go that way then you might as well look into the Free State Project. I'm sure you heard about them.

The website is: www.freestateproject.org I don't represent them, but they have an achievable model for success. To be successful at this point we have to work within a frame of the government system to some extent. If you ran on a platform of the lowest possible income and corporate taxes and a free republic within Pine Ridge I guarantee you would have a lot of support.

I have a lot of respect for you as a person and your passion. I hope you will run for President of Pine Ridge and give sufficient notice so people can properly fund your effort. When I told my friend you wanted to start the Republic of Lakotah outside of running for Pine Ridge he was a bit disappointed too. We both thought you might run in 2010 and often talk about you. If you try to start a Republic within the borders of the United States outside of a recognized tribe with all due respect I think it is a waste of effort.

It's disheartening for me to say that, but it's realistic. I do hope you will reconsider your decision because I know you would have a lot of support. With the way the country is going now it is totally off course. If you became President and lowered or eliminated taxes and allowed people the freedom to be responsible while respecting their civil liberties you would create exponential employment and prosperity within Pine Ridge. But most importantly it would represent a model of success and slowly create a revolution of subsequent change others can follow. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Stay well.

Mike

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]