It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:25 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Supreme Court
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:04 am 

I am pretty sure this has been discussed here before but I cannot find the thread:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... court?lite

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Supreme Court
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:48 pm 

Lost Spirit, I was particularly interested in the part of the article relating to the "massacre" at Fort Dearborn. Looked up some history; This paragraph really grabbed my attention. Can you imagine that the US gov't ever abided by this "article"--NOT!
Quote:
TREATY WITH THE WYANDOT, ETC., 1795.
ARTICLE 6.
If any citizen of the United States, or any other white person or persons, shall presume to settle upon the lands now relinquished by the United States, such citizen or other person shall be out of the protection of the United States; and the Indian tribe, on whose land the settlement shall be made, may drive off the settler, or punish him in such manner as they shall think fit; and because such settlements made without the consent of the United States, will be injurious to them as well as to the Indians, the United States shall be at liberty to break them up, and remove and punish the settlers as they shall think proper, and so effect that protection of the Indian lands herein before stipulated.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Supreme Court
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:53 pm 

Here is one part of a Cherokee treaty that never will never be abided by the US government.Treaty of Holston-1791 Article 9;No citizen or inhabitant of the United States shall attempt to hunt or destroy the game on the lands of the Cherokee;nor shall any citizen or inhabitant go into Cherokee country without a passport first obtained from the Governor of someone of the United States or territorial districts or such other person as the President of the United States may from time to time authorize to grant the same..........I have never known of any governor or president giving out passports in recent times to go into Cherokee lands.But in 2010 Cherokees started a program for everyone to get a passport before going jnto the reservation.Exercising their sovereign rights..Every treaty I have read always says for Indians to have peace and friendship with the US gov't. The US gov't has never given Indians the same courtesy. Oh,boy broken promises over and over again.Jennifer

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]