It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: BISON (the lord of the Prarie)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:05 am 

Hello from Europe (Slovenia)!

My name is Ales and i am a big fan of native americans, and bisons of course. So, i read a lot about Bisons today and i prepare a little project that you maybe will like it.

The "project":

-i read that in Wind cave park in SD, there have around 250-400 bisons, that are GENETIC BISON, free, and good health, with no Brucellosis. The only problem they have is a small area (land), so they can not host more than 250 - 400 bisons.
But than i have this great idea for an project. What if someone photo a few pieces of Bisons INDIVIDUALY, maybe even estimete the weight, height,....and people in EUROPE (and other parts of the world) can look at the photos, choose the favourite Bison and "adopt" him if they pay more, they can even give this Bison a name! Off course they will not literaly adopt the bison, but just on paper. So, they will get a photo of their Bison they adopt, WITH CERTIFIKAT of this Wind Cave Park, and they will donate monney to this park. All the monney will go to purchase more land for Bisons, so that the Bisons are safe, and no one can kill them for food in their land.
The addoption is not really an adoption, it is not like people will immport bison, the bison stay in his home (Wind cave for example), they will just receive the photo of bison with CERTIFIKAT, that they are "foster parents" or donours, or something like that to that bison. But bison stay where he was and they do not have no legal right to ownership to that particular bison. It is just for helping the bisons, but at least they get a photo and certificat, so they have this MORAL proof of helping bisons.

How do you think of that project?

Best regards!

Ales

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: BISON (the lord of the Prarie)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:19 am 

i believe that europeans should help thier own nations and allow the american indian to do the same. Many reservations in the past are now suffering because of the original european invasion over 300 years ago ..... for some reason europeans are as you say..."fans" of the american indian .... i wonder...is this a guilt complex.... maybe europe needs to visit a dr

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:54 pm 

ndnhorseman wrote:
i believe that europeans should help thier own nations and allow the american indian to do the same. Many reservations in the past are now suffering because of the original european invasion over 300 years ago ..... for some reason europeans are as you say..."fans" of the american indian .... i wonder...is this a guilt complex.... maybe europe needs to visit a dr

:D :D :D :D :D look i have nothing to do with an colonization of your lands, country, culture,....i have no guilt, i do not feel guilty at all. I can look at every body eyes at anytime. My country is in Europe, in fact it is also a member of European Union, but so what?
So, is this mean i can not be interested in bisons, wild west, indians,...?
Maybe some indians are interested in Romans, Napoleon, Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan,....?
I never say, i am an indian or that i wannt to be an indian, i just say that i am a fan of indian culture and history. This is not make me an indian, and i do not really need to be an indian, to be a fan of indian history. It is just history and i like history. I also like Genghis Khan, and Mongol's history, Roman history,....so what?
I can like Crazy horse the same way you like him. It is my right of a free person to like who ever i wannt. I have no problem with that. When i watch western movies i always cheer for the indians. This have nothing to do with you, because i do not know you, but i know Crazy Horse the same as you know him (from the books), so it is my choice to like or not like who ever i wannt.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:14 pm 

actually.... i have heard the stories of Tashunka Witco from my family...those passed from generation to generation.... as far as being a "fan" of his....no....he was a humble man and would not want all the publicity he is given .... and your right...you may like whatever you choose.... but the L/D/N nations are tired of being put under a microscope and studied all the time

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:12 am 

Can someone tell me, why among the Plain's Indians all the tribes (Sioux, Cheyene, Arapaho,...) hate the tribe by the name Crows. I try to find on the internet, but there is no one explaining why...How is this hate started?
Crow's are a small tribe....Sioux, Cheyenne,...are much bigger tribes, so why they attack Crow's? I also read that Crow's had the biggest herds of horses (maybe is this the reason?)
How are things today? Does Sioux still hate Crows?
I read somewhere that Sioux and the Crows are the old enemy, and that they hate each other even more that they hate white people, so i will like to know why, what is the reason for that hate.
I also like tribe by the name Kiowa ( i like the name, i think they have a very cool name, what does it mean this name KIOWA). I read that they hav ethe most darkest skin among all indians, and that they kill the most white people (settlers) among every tribe in USA. So does that mean that they were the best warriors or what? I know that they were band of robbers on the plains, together with Comanche (another cool name), so i like them, because they were cool.
So you see, i do not put Sioux on microscope, i read a lot about the indians and i see that there is a lot of cool tribes (Kiowa, Crow, Sioux, Cheyene, Comanche, Apache, Nez Perce, Arapaho, Shawne, Black Foot, Soshoni, Pawnee, Irokeze, Mandan, Cherokee, Huron,.....) and many great leaders (Tecumseh, Pontiac, Red Clovd, Crazy Horse, Quanah Parker, Satanta, Chief Joseph, Sitting Bull, Geronimo, Cochis,....)

Too bad that indians fight with other indians, if you all UNITED the tribes, maybe you will win against white people. Just think 100.000 blood thirsty indians from all tribes, only the best warriors, with the leader (shirt wearer) Crazy Horse will protect the plains for a long time....to bad that this is not really hapened. Just think the big battles fighting side by side Kiowas, Apache,Comanche,Sioux,Cheyene,.....against white settlers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:50 am 

1Euro... i would say that is an excellent idea and one of the better ones i have seen posted in this forum. yes its true the crows and lakotah were enemies but not in the sense that western civilization defines enemies... there were no wars to annihilate one other fromt he face of the planet only these raids and skirmishes to bring honor to warriors and men whose main object in war was to prove one's courage by striking the enemy in a personal manner. Be well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:51 am 

Alles i apologize for my manners... be greeted and welcome to the forums.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]